hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We don't ban folk for nothing, and definitely not got disagreeing.
    You only need to read threads and you'll see opposing views on virtually all of them.

When folk are incapable of disagreeing cordially, or are overly argumentative, cross into trolling territory, or get abusive, then they risk a ban.

Different opinions are evidently welcomed here, it's what keeps the place popular.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good thread

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thread
    Viva Hibsnet!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    You only need to read threads and you'll see opposing views on virtually all of them.

When folk are incapable of disagreeing cordially, or are overly argumentative, cross into trolling territory, or get abusive, then they risk a ban.

Different opinions are evidently welcomed here, it's what keeps the place popular.
    Aye ye do

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Aye ye do
    Naw ye dinnae

Naw ye dinnae
    Aye ye do ya radge

Aye ye do ya radge
    Naw ya bam....

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    So can I ask what's brought all this to a head?
    Nothing really mate ..... just that not for the first time I noticed a thread on Facebook criticising this site and quite a few posters on the thread saying they 'had been banned for nothing' or for disagreeing with 'established posters' leading to a lot of chat on the thread some of which was openly hostile to the site accusing it of anything from cronyism to being a mouthpiece for the club.

For my part I think the whole thing is a load of *****, with a lot of the folk posting either not telling the truth as to why they were banned or even making up stories about being banned when they weren't. As has been mentioned, I also get the impression that a lot of the folk moaning on the Facebook page wont be happy until this place is like Kickback or worse Rangurs media

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    So can I ask what's brought all this to a head?
    It looks like someone who wasn't banned has been whining on facebook about how they've been banned.

I think people join - especially when coming from a social media fans group and expect people to care about their opinions, and then they get bum hurt when everyone disagrees/doesn't care.

A lot of the conversation about Hibs across Facebook and Twitter is pretty ill informed as well (IMO). If you make a vague comment about a player being pish on here it's obviously gonna be dissected by a forum of fans, rather then falling into the abyss of other irrelevant opinion on social media.

I say this all while having a low post count and not being part of a clique btw.

Naw ya bam....
    G'oan yersel' big man

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Nothing really mate ..... just that not for the first time I noticed a thread on Facebook criticising this site and quite a few posters on the thread saying they 'had been banned for nothing' or for disagreeing with 'established posters' leading to a lot of chat on the thread some of which was openly hostile to the site accusing it of anything from cronyism to being a mouthpiece for the club.

For my part I think the whole thing is a load of *****, with a lot of the folk posting either not telling the truth as to why they were banned or even making up stories about being banned when they weren't. As has been mentioned, I also get the impression that a lot of the folk moaning on the Facebook page wont be happy until this place is like Kickback or worse Rangurs media
    Wouldn’t that just the equivalent of another Hibs internet groupnslagging off another? Perhaps they are envious of the size of hibs.net?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    100% . But it’s the same wherever you go or whatever you do. It’s not isolated to this forum only

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Wouldn’t that just the equivalent of another Hibs internet groupnslagging off another? Perhaps they are envious of the size of hibs.net?
    Careful mate ... next thing you know Kickback will be accusing us of being 'the wee forum'

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    Size doesn't matter - well, so they say.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It looks like someone who wasn't banned has been whining on facebook about how they've been banned.
    Look at me person who isn't getting the attention they require?

It's an injustice it is. The only thing to do is keep looking round until someone pays attention There'll be a site for it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member

Seems to be a badge to wear, Ive been banned from hibs.net. who cares really? Not convinced it makes them look anything other than planks. Especially when its probably made up.
    The admin team try not to ban people,its just extra work for us. We just want to read the boards like everybody else but some people dont give us much choice if we want to keep it a decent place to be. We never ban for opinions. Sometimes we ban for the way that opinion is said though, normally after at least one warning. I get that people are surprised when someone leaves but theres probably been some background info or communication/abuse. More often than not its obvious to everybody why someone's been punted
    Is there a clique? Everybodys got pals but id like to think its pretty decent for most posters
    Last edited by Jay; 17-03-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Careful mate ... next thing you know Kickback will be accusing us of being 'the wee forum'
    No they just want to restore the ‘natural order’ amongst forums.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    I think the site is moderated quite well, compared to a lot of other fans forums hibs.net is a bastion of decency and respectability.
    I like the no swearing policy and I find most posters are from the more mature end of the support so mad ranting and raving is replaced with measured, reasoned debate.
    Compare this with the mentalists on the Hearts and Rangers forums where abuse and hatespeak is the norm.
    Never noticed anyone get banned to be honest, just the occasional Jambo who gets outed. Have I missed something?
    WTF, there's a no swearing policy? That'll be down to the admin pricks.

Gamer IDs

Dear Sir

I've never been an Admin, I've never knowingly known an Admin. I've never been warned. I've never seen someone launched for anything other than what looked like one of Jamboid, deranged, offensive or Trolltastic behaviour - sometimes of course all four combined.

There is no clique, its membership fee definitely isn't £15 a season and there's certainly no mail@ address you can message to join it by contacting FattyM or Yontj or Bretty Poy first. In other news - Grassy Knolls, Luciferian clothing and False Flags for sale.

Yours etc

Peggy Peacock

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Yes, the Dot Net Super Elite Mega Clique Chatbox Mafia.
    The Don agrees.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Pish.

Deary me.

Admin pricks.

Swear I will do time.

I reckon it’s clique as on here

@hibs.net private member
    I don't know any of the admins or indeed any other posters in the real world but I think it seems a pretty well run place.

All you have to do is look at Sevco's fan site to see what happens when there are no standards or rules. Some of the stuff on their is disgraceful and I quite like knowing I have can come on here and generally see fairly good and even handed discussions on the club and other issues.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    +1 golden member points.
    Reported
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Reported
    Nae need.

The forum is just for expressing views really, and there'll be plenty that people don't agree with others for one reason or another, IMO that's healthy. The role of Admin, IMO seems a bit ambiguous. It should be totally irrelevant who's posts they look out for or who they like and respect, they should treat everybody the same way at all times, and if they don't they shouldn't be admins in the first place. Contrary to a few people on here, I don't agree it's like real life- there will be probably quite a few times when they might agree with a certain point of view but can't necessarily support it on the forum in terms of impartiality. On saying that it's easy for me to say that, I'm not an admin, and no doubt at times it can be a thankless job. I also think that when you compare it with the likes of Keekback, it's head and shoulders above.

On the subject of cliques, I despise them in real life and on any kind of forum, but I'm not sure that there's really cliques on hibs.net. There do seem to be a lot of people who just seem to agree with certain posters point blank, in almost every opinion they express, but that's not really a clique.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 17-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I don't know any of the admins or indeed any other posters in the real world but I think it seems a pretty well run place.

All you have to do is look at Sevco's fan site to see what happens when there are no standards or rules. Some of the stuff on their is disgraceful and I quite like knowing I have can come on here and generally see fairly good and even handed discussions on the club and other issues.
    The Bears Den look down on Follow Follow for being "a bit" OTT 😂 but some of the stuff posted by their "Moderators" is shocking. Must be a thankless task being admin so thanks to those that do it for .net 😎
    Last edited by Is It On....; 17-03-2018 at 03:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’ve had the misfortune of visiting some FB football pages, including Hibs ones. Thank heavens for Hibs.net is all I’ll say.
    100%. Comments on this site can seem ott at times but it’s pretty tame in the main.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Nae need.