hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaton

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The linesman on the running on our side of the pitch was guessing half the time. On numerous occasions you could tell he had absolutely no idea who’s throw in it was, and was looking to see what direction the players ran in after the ball was out before pointing his flag one way or the other.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, he kicked out at an opponent with no intention of going for the ball. He knew what he was doing, and couldn't know how SJM would fall, so it's a reckless challenge and a sending off unless it happens to be on a Hibs player.

****in cheat, alongside a fair few other cheats.
    He couldn’t get the yellow card out quick enough. No time to think about what had happened. Let the game get so far out of control, we’re fortunate we have boys who will stick up for themselves or one could’ve been really hurt last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    When was the last game changing decision that went in our favour? (Genuine question)
    The Ryan Jack red card earlier in the season at ibrox.....by John Beaton.

I don’t think the guy is a cheat but he is totally inept, like most of the referees in this country.

@hibs.net private member
    Exactly, he kicked out at an opponent with no intention of going for the ball. He knew what he was doing, and couldn't know how SJM would fall, so it's a reckless challenge and a sending off unless it happens to be on a Hibs player.

****in cheat, alongside a fair few other cheats.
    makes it worse that Beaton then tells Hanlon that Alstons on his last chance. McGinn picks the call up and gets fouled again minutes later and he ignores it! No wonder Tommy Wright subbed him.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Clear foul by Kamberi at the back post. Not even soft, stonewall free kick
    No foul by Hanlon goal should have stood.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Whatever, it was still a clear foul and correctly ruled out.
    Less obvious on TV by the sounds of things - my brother in law was at the match and said the same as you and he normally claims for anything.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    I understand what you are saying GD, but ..... as I asked last night when was the last time a potentially game-changing incident went wrongly in our favour. I can't think of the last one, by the law of averages surely I should?
    I understand the frustration, and we have been on the end of some brutal decisions. I don't think that means it will even itself out (if it did, we are due a lot of points!)

But, sorry, the law of averages doesn't exist.

If it did, when I was in my 20s, surely I was due a ride off a supermodel one of those times?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Less obvious on TV by the sounds of things - my brother in law was at the match and said the same as you and he normally claims for anything.
    To me it’s one of them that is a foul on a defender/goalkeeper in the box 9 times out of 10, but you will rarely see them given in the middle of the pitch.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHAM View Post

I don’t think the guy is a cheat but he is totally inept, like most of the referees in this country.
    OK, I'll give you that one!

Refs make split-second decisions and the pace of the modern game has made that harder. But outside factors can influence that split second. Factors can include a personal opinion of an individual at the club or who you supported as a lad. Had I been a ref I am not sure I could have reffed our games 100% impartially.

If a list was made of the potentially wrong big decisions against us since say 2012 (use that date to take in that cup final!) and compare it to a list the other way I know how it would look.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I understand the frustration, and we have been on the end of some brutal decisions. I don't think that means it will even itself out (if it did, we are due a lot of points!)

But, sorry, the law of averages doesn't exist.

If it did, when I was in my 20s, surely I was due a ride off a supermodel one of those times?
    I did actually meet one once - supermodel not a good ref!!

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    As a footballing nation this is why we’ll never progress.The Scotland national teams bright hope is allowed to be kicked over the park week in week out. I’m not saying McGinn deserves preferential treatment from referees, but the laws of the game should be in place to protect players like him.

Teams set their players out to foul him in turns, meaning in most games this season he’s been kicked probably 10 times before any action is taken.

St Johnstone ran hearts close as the dirtiest team in the league last night. Any time we broke forward in the second half we were fouled. With a stronger referee, maybe we’d have been able to build up some momentum. Fully support Lennon in his comments again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lennon deserves our full support for his comments. Alston should have been red carded for that assault on McGinn. There was clearly no attempt to play the ball - akin to a player walking over to an opponent and attacking him.

John McGinn showed incredible restraint. Many other players would have got up and decked Alson, and other players would have wellied in. Can you imagine that tackle happening at Ibrox last week ? There would have been a full blown riot.

Beaton cost us 2 points last night. With 10 v 10, we'd have beaten those thugs.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    A good job Lennon was not in the dug out last night.He would have went ballistic at Beatons total incompetence.Does the so called compliance officer ever watch footage.If he did you would think he would acmt on some of the, challenges lastnight.Especialy Alstons tackle.

Tbh, I think he missed maybe a few fouls, and should've possibly booked a couple of their players. However, there's absolutely no doubt that Marciano should've been sent off, and for me Alstons tackle WAS a yellow. It was a professional foul with not much, if any, malice in it.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Worth posting this.
    http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

Most fouled against team is Hibs. 2nd fairest in the League.

Refs need to protect the football players. Fouling by rotation is particularly cynical and anti football. Teams are getting away with it every game. Even sides like Aberdeen, who have good footballers, resort to dirty niggling nonsense. It's seriously undermining the game and needs cracked down on.

Sending more of them off would maybe help. Recent games v Sheep and Hearts are cases in point.
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 17-03-2018 at 08:15 AM.

It's about time our football club stood up and made an official complaint to the SFA about the shocking decisions we have faced this season from these so called competent refs. No wonder our manager has had enough.

Enough is enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    A good job Lennon was not in the dug out last night.He would have went ballistic at Beatons total incompetence.Does the so called compliance officer ever watch footage.If he did you would think he would acmt on some of the, challenges lastnight.Especialy Alstons tackle.
    Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.

Which part is utter baws?

That Rocky's red changed the match?

Or that some on here are paranoid?

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFS
    Nobody is denying that the Rocky red was a stupid decision but let's remember how many points Rocky has won us this season. As for the ref I dunno what game you were watching but Alston was a clear red and even if you still think it was only a yellow he then gets off with another foul shortly after. Then the assault on Boyler on the touchline which could easily have been a straight red. Beaton was dreadful tonight and if u can't see that I am truly amazed. No paranoia required...just eyesight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I have a general downer on refs anyway, but it's getting beyond a joke with these clowns now.

When can you call it out as cheating without being called paranoid? How many times do refs have to shaft is before people start looking seriously at how we're treated?
    There is so much mockery of 'conspiracy theorists' these days, that people find it easy to ignore genuine bias, preferential treatment and corruption, while accusing you of being paranoid.

Its so obvious we're being harshly treated by refs I don't know why it's even debatable.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.
    Alston made contact halfway up McGinn's leg, with a crazy lunging tackle. McGinn clipped the St Js boy's heels. A professional foul is a booking, but done recklessly it's a straight red, and Beaton chickened out of the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Alston made contact halfway up McGinn's leg, with a crazy lunging tackle. McGinn clipped the St Js boy's heels. A professional foul is a booking, but done recklessly it's a straight red, and Beaton chickened out of the decision.
    As I say, we will just have to disagree, I certainly didn’t see a ‘crazy lunge’ and the referee didn’t chicken out of anything.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    With that type of vision he probably IS a ref.

i thought the foul on Boyle was as bad as the one on McGinn. I really thought he had broke his leg as heard the noise of the contact up in the stand.
    One of the worst ref performances I can remember.
    Great effort from th team to get a point playing with 10 men for 75mins (what the hell was rocky doing out there anyway) and incredible support from the fans

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Nobody is denying that the Rocky red was a stupid decision but let's remember how many points Rocky has won us this season. As for the ref I dunno what game you were watching but Alston was a clear red and even if you still think it was only a yellow he then gets off with another foul shortly after. Then the assault on Boyler on the touchline which could easily have been a straight red. Beaton was dreadful tonight and if u can't see that I am truly amazed. No paranoia required...just eyesight

I never once criticised Rocky's season, he's been great. But he dropped a bollock last night, that's unquestionable.

I also never said Alston was a yellow, FFS! Red every day of the week for me, so don't put words in my mouth.

Beaton was dreadful, and I also said that.

My "which part is utter baws" was in response to another poster when I said too many were paranoid last night, and that Rocky's red changed the game.

I stand by that statement, perhaps you should read what people say before giving them stick?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    It was an attempt to break up the attack and I don’t mind fouls like that. However he was so late and the ball was so far away this wasn’t a tackle, it was a blatant kick at McGinn - you can’t just walk over and kick someone no matter where on the park it is. Lafferty was sent off v Aberdeen for the same type of tackle.

I never once criticised Rocky's season, he's been great. But he dropped a bollock last night, that's unquestionable.

I also never said Alston was a yellow, FFS! Red every day of the week for me, so don't put words in my mouth.

Beaton was dreadful, and I also said that.

My "which part is utter baws" was in response to another poster when I said too many were paranoid last night, and that Rocky's red changed the game.

I stand by that statement, perhaps you should read what people say before giving them stick?
    Fair enough my apologies I had replied to one of your earlier comments and hadn't read the whole thread - fair dos

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penicuik Hibee View Post
    i thought the foul on Boyle was as bad as the one on McGinn. I really thought he had broke his leg as heard the noise of the contact up in the stand.
    One of the worst ref performances I can remember.
    Great effort from th team to get a point playing with 10 men for 75mins (what the hell was rocky doing out there anyway) and incredible support from the fans
    Thankfully the loud crack was shin pads - first thought was bones. A sickening challenge. Didn’t think it was possible to see a more agricultural side than Hearts. Levein must have been drooling at the mouth watching that.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHAM View Post

The red was rescinded but it should not have been. Jack attempted to head butt one of our guys and only in SFA land would he get off with it. I also think it was the assistant ref that told him rather than him making the decision on his own but might be. Wrong on that one.

If you're inept then both teams suffer not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Worth posting this.
    http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

Most fouled against team is Hibs. 2nd fairest in the League.

Refs need to protect the football players. Fouling by rotation is particularly cynical and anti football. Teams are getting away with it every game. Even sides like Aberdeen, who have good footballers, resort to dirty niggling nonsense. It's seriously undermining the game and needs cracked down on.

Sending more of them off would maybe help. Recent games v Sheep and Hearts are cases in point.
    If you can't beat them, join them.

Maybe we should be a bit more savvy and foul i rotation to break up play especially in situations like last night where we were tiring and you could sense the goal coming from them.