hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaton

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Mcginn should have been sent off aswell for his professional foul? It’s a mans game.
    The only person to make a comparison between the challenges was Craigan, no need to say anymore.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Utter disgrace. How Alston was not sent off is beyond me.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    A straight RED when McGinn was brought down from the back when clean through. Ref struggled to give a bloody yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    If our defender was manhandled like that we would want a foul.

Let's not get hung up on that decision, FFS the reason we ended up with one point is effing rocky!
    Manhandled? Funniest post ever.

Ref

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    As I said on the match thread, Kamberi fouled the Saints player. Correct decision.
    Watch it again, see if you think you’re right...............

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Manhandled? Funniest post ever.
    I thought your - now deleted - thread about the place being awash with jambos was funnier, to be honest 😄😄

Angry "Taking one for the team"

I'm losing count of the number of "taking one for the team" situations that have gone against us this season. Teams just take the foul/booking because they know cynical fouls don't get the punishment they deserve. Beaton never looked like evening it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    So Mcginn should have been sent off aswell for his professional foul? It’s a mans game.
    Biloxi. What a complete nonsense phrase. How many women play the game? A blooter from behind - not just a clip of the heels - when the ball was away! Nothing to do with being a man’s game at all! It was like Cochrane’s at ER, should have been red cards.

Utter disgrace. How Alston was not sent off is beyond me.

Tommy Wright obviously agreed - he substituted him shortly afterwards and then, during his interview on Radio Scotland, acknowledged the Alston tackle for what it was.

Having said that, there's a desperate ugliness about St Johnstone these days which is a shame because they used to be a great wee club.

As for Beaton - so many decisions wrong tonight.

When Lennon had his outburst we had many on here saying about time as it will make refs think twice. Sorry that’s *****, whether he shouts has a private word behind closed doors nothing changes folk need to see this.

We will always be cheated yes cheated! Nothing will change whole game is corrupt from the very top.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Rocky has also won us numerous points this season so although he made a bad mistake tonight let’s not be too quick to hang him out to dry.
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    So (apologies without reading the full thread) why wa The goal disallowed!!?!!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    He booted him 2 yards away from the ball?

Ball = 2 yards away

How can that not be classed as reckless and dangerous?
    Reckless is a yellow card tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Reckless is a yellow card tho?
    It wasn’t a tackle so irrelevant, it was a full on boot to an opponent so violent conduct.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    When Lennon had his outburst we had many on here saying about time as it will make refs think twice. Sorry that’s *****, whether he shouts has a private word behind closed doors nothing changes folk need to see this.

We will always be cheated yes cheated! Nothing will change whole game is corrupt from the very top.
    I'm in complete agreement with all of your post !. I said 5-6 games ago that as the Hun must get Euro-football, ourselves and Aberdeen would be on the wrong-end of many decisions from then until either the end of the season or once it's confirmed mathematically that the Huns have qualified - I'm fuming tonight but not surprised !

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I thought Saints played like Hearts tonight - sorry to say that Tommy.
    Beaton got the Alston foul unbelievably wrong.
    Has anybody mentioned the foul on Squirrel on the touchline?
    Last edited by snooky; 16-03-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Much as I think Beaton is a pish ref, I don't think we can really ignore Rocky's red card and what it did to change the match.

Some of the posts on here are verging on the ridiculous paranoid crap that Celtic fans spout.

Much as I think Beaton is a pish ref, I don't think we can really ignore Rocky's red card and what it did to change the match.

Some of the posts on here are verging on the ridiculous paranoid crap that Celtic fans spout.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I’m sure we were still 1 up when Alston should’ve walked. We tired late on, but that wouldn’t have happened had they been down to 10 as well.

Utter baws. Rocky deserved to go but Alston was a red, got away with it, then fouled mcGinn again, got away with it and the tackle on Boyle was a shocker.

Up there as one of the most inept, incompetent displays that I've seen for a while and that's saying something.

Some of the tackles they were putting in during the second half in particular were nothing short of a disgrace and Beaton's failure to deal with it appropriately was pathetic.

They made no attempt to play the ball when they put in those challenges and just clattered our player. The one on McGinn was bordering on being an assault.

Disgraceful refereeing.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    It wasn’t a tackle so irrelevant, it was a full on boot to an opponent so violent conduct.
    Neil Lennon agrees

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43438474

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I'm in complete agreement with all of your post !. I said 5-6 games ago that as the Hun must get Euro-football, ourselves and Aberdeen would be on the wrong-end of many decisions from then until either the end of the season or once it's confirmed mathematically that the Huns have qualified - I'm fuming tonight but not surprised !
    This has been the agenda from the offset. It's so easy. Not only do you help them win, in games they are not involved in, you make sure their rivals lose.
    I've seen it so many times over the years. As soon as any team looks like challenging the OF dominance, they suddenly get lots of red & yellow cards & bad decisions against them.
    It's a worn out record I know, but our game is truly rotten to the core.

Utter baws. Rocky deserved to go but Alston was a red, got away with it, then fouled mcGinn again, got away with it and the tackle on Boyle was a shocker.

Which part is utter baws?

That Rocky's red changed the match?

Or that some on here are paranoid?

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFS
    Last edited by green day; 16-03-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFS
    The Celtic paranoia part. We were cheated. No paranoia, just fact

Left by mutual consent!

I don't think anyone can doubt that we'd have comfortably won that game without Rocky's mistake but at the same time you shouldn't be getting so raging at your fellow Hibs fans for being angry, I am not one for referee conspiracies but I do believe that they're trying to teach Lennon a lesson here, you can't blame people for thinking we're being targeted by the ref's. We've at least lost out on 10 points this season down to refereeing errors. Look at the table, we'd be 2nd, 5 points behind top if not for those refereeing errors. I don't think its fair to be going around calling people paranoid for being angry about that.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    We keep concentrating on individual referees but they are clearly referring the games how the league wants. Their reluctance to issue yellow cards is the main issue, particularly for cynical (one for the team) challenges. We then wonder why teams struggle in Europe where the kick them in the air tactics are punished.

As an aside, on the way back we were discussing how many referees are doing it as an aside to an already well paid career out with football. Maybe we need to look at making it a career choice for youngsters leaving the game and pay people to be full time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    Darren Jackson was fouled outside box at Ibrox. Penalty given and we won 1-0. We are still paying for that decision
    Wasn’t Jackson who was fouled at Ibrox, it was Kevin Harper (Jackson scored the pen and we won 1-0). However a year later Jackson took a dive, starting outside the box, and got a pen against them at Easter Road, which he also scored. In that same game Leighton went on to save two pens from Laudrup and we won 2-1.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Stinking decision not to send off Alston, also would like to see Dazs disallowed goal again.

Clear foul by Kamberi at the back post. Not even soft, stonewall free kick

Quote Originally Posted by Deejk107 View Post
    I don't think anyone can doubt that we'd have comfortably won that game without Rocky's mistake but at the same time you shouldn't be getting so raging at your fellow Hibs fans for being angry, I am not one for referee conspiracies but I do believe that they're trying to teach Lennon a lesson here, you can't blame people for thinking we're being targeted by the ref's. We've at least lost out on 10 points this season down to refereeing errors. Look at the table, we'd be 2nd, 5 points behind top if not for those refereeing errors. I don't think its fair to be going around calling people paranoid for being angry about that.
    So what is it?

You are not one for ref conspiracies, but you believe they are trying to teach Lennon a lesson? Isn't that a conspiracy?

If you can't make up your own mind you wont mind me saying that's a load of tosh.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not raging at anyone, and I think beating should have given Alston a red. But suggestions of a conspiracy are ludicrous.

I think it was a good point given we played 75 minutes with ten men.

Don't think it's any sort of conspiracy but we just seem to end up on the wrong end of the majority of poor decisions that take place in our games. Going back to the Fenlon era(at least) I can think of lots of big game changing decisions that have gone against us and very few that we've got. All the talk about whether Alston should have got a red doesn't matter cause he definitely should have been given a second yellow when he stopped us on the break 5 minutes later. A total joke how McGinn gets constantly fouled every game without any punishment then seems to get booked for his 1st/2nd foul every game

Left by mutual consent!
    So what is it?

You are not one for ref conspiracies, but you believe they are trying to teach Lennon a lesson? Isn't that a conspiracy?

If you can't make up your own mind you wont mind me saying that's a load of tosh.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not raging at anyone.

I think it was a good point given we played 75 minutes with ten men.
    As I said previously, you shouldn't be looking to argue with your fellow Hibs fans, When I said I wasn't one for ref conspiracies I meant that before this season's shambolic display I would say they're as bad with everyone but this season has proved that they have something against us. I don't think it's us as a club, it's our manager as he's the only person involved in Scottish football who regularly calls them out. It's a bit petty to say "if you can't make up your own mind" when it's clear what my opinion on it is. Just being pedantic and argumentative for no reason.

As for it being a good point, I agree that we did well to get a point but we were robbed of two more by awful refereeing, did you watch the game? We were the better team with 10 men for pretty much 70 minutes. We would have won that game if Alston got sent off which he should have. Rocky's mistake is irrelevant to that.