hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Beaton

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chat about picket lines and scabs. It’s like being back in the 80s again.

Gotta go listen to some Billy Bragg or similar I guess.
    Not everyone capitulated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Yer right! We should never slate CT the “ref” for consistently favouring poppy theives over Hibs. That’s us telt!
    Your posts become more and more bizarre and difficult to comprehend by the day.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Not everyone capitulated.
    WHO exactly capitulated to WHAT? The solid line ae you & crab & Scottish “refs” against the rest was it? You lot are obvious so principled & staunch & hard I can only look on in envy because I was so foolish as to not stand with yous in that dispute against the truthful Scottish “refs”

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Your posts become more and more bizarre and difficult to comprehend by the day.
    Takes a while tae get to my level, bud. My advice tae you- gie up now!

WHO exactly capitulated to WHAT? The solid line ae you & crab & Scottish “refs” against the rest was it? You lot are obvious so principled & staunch & hard I can only look on in envy because I was so foolish as to not stand with yous in that dispute against the truthful Scottish “refs”
    Neither HC or me asked anyone to do anything. If you we chose not to go as is our right. I really don't see what you're so angry about.

Neither HC or me asked anyone to do anything. If you we chose not to go as is our right. I really don't see what you're so angry about.
    Scottish alleged refs???

What gets a few guys on here curious is you and HC stance on not crossing an imaginary picket line, we get that bit but these were corrupt lying cheating refs who got caught and took the huff, you decided that was enough to not follow your football team. I must admit I do question your Hibs loyalty on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    What gets a few guys on here curious is you and HC stance on not crossing an imaginary picket line, we get that bit but these were corrupt lying cheating refs who got caught and took the huff, you decided that was enough to not follow your football team. I must admit I do question your Hibs loyalty on this subject.
    The strike didnt really bother me, and I dont remember all the details, but I think HC and GSF are just respecting the right to strike. Their loyalty to hibs didn't really come into it. It was a run of the mill league game.

FWIW I think if there was an overrated referee thread, rather than an overrated player thread, the maltese refs would make the list. They were fine, but they weren't perfect. They still made mistakes. Its just that nobody assumed they were biased when the mistakes were made.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    The strike didnt really bother me, and I dont remember all the details, but I think HC and GSF are just respecting the right to strike. Their loyalty to hibs didn't really come into it. It was a run of the mill league game.

FWIW I think if there was an overrated referee thread, rather than an overrated player thread, the maltese refs would make the list. They were fine, but they weren't perfect. They still made mistakes. Its just that nobody assumed they were biased when the mistakes were made.
    The Maltese refs weren't perfect but I don't remember any of them giving themselves a wedgie trying to pull their card out their back pocket before they've blown their whistle for a foul against a Hibs player as the current bunch seem keen to do.

Takes a while tae get to my level, bud. My advice tae you- gie up now!
    Haha I enjoyed that response to be fair!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Surely we can all unite and agree on this: all referees are ****s.

You're welcome to, my ticket was bought but u chose not to go. I doubt Hibs will give a monkey's about my stance, they have my money.

You are wrong to question either of these guys loyalty to Hibs. They are amongst the most loyal and die hard supporters you could wish to meet. They have season tickets. They had already paid! Hibs lost nothing. The protest is against scab foreign referees. It's not that difficult to understand

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    You are wrong to question either of these guys loyalty to Hibs. They are amongst the most loyal and die hard supporters you could wish to meet. They have season tickets. They had already paid! Hibs lost nothing. The protest is against scab foreign referees. It's not that difficult to understand

Their protest supported liars and cheats.

The referees weren't striking for decent pay or working conditions.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Their protest supported liars and cheats.

The referees weren't striking for decent pay or working conditions.
    Don't talk *****.

No wonder our unions are ****ed. Industry is toiling. We may not always agree with the reasons of a dispute but stand up and are counted regardless. You can't pick and choose

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    What's it called?
    The Amalgamated Union of Hermit Crabs?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    FAF. Are you a comedy scriptwriter?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    No wonder our unions are ****ed. Industry is toiling. We may not always agree with the reasons of a dispute but stand up and are counted regardless. You can't pick and choose

Yeah no wonder with the "I'm write jack" attitude of some on here, I sincerely hope none of them ever have to go through the horrible feeling of standing on a picket line losing wages to defend their rights, pay and conditions as their company tries to erode them.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 20-03-2018 at 10:45 PM.

You're welcome to, my ticket was bought but u chose not to go. I doubt Hibs will give a monkey's about my stance, they have my money.

Correct, Hibs will be delighted. Got their cash regardless if we were there or not and now with the new ticket exchange system they can get the money twice for a seat, not bad going eh.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    At least they're not shellfish b*****ds like the rest of us.

I know they are season ticket holders, I was questioning their loyalty going to games.

The strike itself wasn't concerning any emergency services, nurses, teachers, factory workers etc, where actual picket lines would've been in place. It was a strike by corrupt, cheating, lying referees who got caught lying and couldn't hack that fact, so threw a strop and jokingly went on strike.

I've never been in a union as I've been self employed since I was 25 and I appreciate what they do for the worker but I can't fathom why you would miss a Hibs game because of these jumped up ***** refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Thats when the refs were on strike right? I never went as I wouldn't cross a picket line to watch Hibs officiated by Maltese scabs!
    I respect what you say about never crossing a picket line. But you aren’t are ref are you? For me any fan who went to watch Hibs weren’t scabs and the refs who came over clearly couldn’t care less.

Refs brought it on themselves, so I fail to see why that should stop anyone going to watch Hibs play. Unless I’m missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I respect what you say about never crossing a picket line. But you aren’t are ref are you? For me any fan who went to watch Hibs weren’t scabs and the refs who came over clearly couldn’t care less.

Refs brought it on themselves, so I fail to see why that should stop anyone going to watch Hibs play. Unless I’m missing something?

The fans that went are not scabs, the refs from Malta are, I didn't go because I don't believe in crossing a picket line as a member of the public and an active member of a trade union and also a union rep!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The fans that went are not scabs, the refs from Malta are, I didn't go because I don't believe in crossing a picket line as a member of the public and an active member of a trade union and also a union rep!
    You, & people like you, are so far up your own backsides I reckon you never see the light of day! I am for unions & the working man like most, but you here getting all high & mighty mr union everybody else is wrong, you are slating folk like me who would NOT cross a legitimate picket line even though we’ve not been near a union in our life, because there hasn’t BEEN one in our line of employment, but just look at yourself right now, right this second! What do you see? Joker? Hypocrite? Scottish refs favour the two cheeks. It has always been like this in my lifetime. They are biased & some on the make, plenty who retire & then supplement their ill gotten gains telling guests how biased they were during their “careers”. I didn’t make that up, it’s actually a source of amusement for the cheeks & ther complicit press & all the rest. But you stay strong brothers, no crossing lines, solidarity etc, even though the lying filth your being so solid with have been FOUND OUT lying, been biased against everybody but 2 sets of cheats, for my 40 odd years watching MY team, but you stick up for your cheating lying on the make “refs” & slate the rest of us as you go. Nobody wants to be called a scab, but some of you are doing that here, but have a look at yourselves for a minute, & also the lying incompetents you are defending!

Don't talk *****.

Why should he not talk *****! You are, very foolishly & loudly!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You have to examine each strike on its merits, and if a strike is based on lies and corruption, then supporting that makes you as bad as those cheats.

There is right and wrong, knowingly supporting the wrong is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    So has this thread evolved into a holy ground thread or would we say it is still about Beaton’s terrible performance 🤔

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    So has this thread evolved into a holy ground thread or would we say it is still about Beaton’s terrible performance 🤔

I feel I should attack you for something.

You, & people like you, are so far up your own backsides I reckon you never see the light of day! I am for unions & the working man like most, but you here getting all high & mighty mr union everybody else is wrong, you are slating folk like me who would NOT cross a legitimate picket line even though we’ve not been near a union in our life, because there hasn’t BEEN one in our line of employment, but just look at yourself right now, right this second! What do you see? Joker? Hypocrite? Scottish refs favour the two cheeks. It has always been like this in my lifetime. They are biased & some on the make, plenty who retire & then supplement their ill gotten gains telling guests how biased they were during their “careers”. I didn’t make that up, it’s actually a source of amusement for the cheeks & ther complicit press & all the rest. But you stay strong brothers, no crossing lines, solidarity etc, even though the lying filth your being so solid with have been FOUND OUT lying, been biased against everybody but 2 sets of cheats, for my 40 odd years watching MY team, but you stick up for your cheating lying on the make “refs” & slate the rest of us as you go. Nobody wants to be called a scab, but some of you are doing that here, but have a look at yourselves for a minute, & also the lying incompetents you are defending!
    Could be wrong but I don’t think he’s slated anyone.. only repeated (he’s had to a few times as so many aren’t getting it) that HE didn’t attend because HE doesn’t believe in crossing a picket line of any shape or form.

While we might not agree with his reasons, the explanation really shouldn’t take 2 pages of posts to understand.

Also think some are reacting at the word “scab” as if it’s an offensive word, when it’s generally used to describe replacements in a strike situation.

Whether we think this was a typical strike situation or not, Hermit (and others) have made their stance clear and are not expecting others to agree or follow suit.