hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Beaton

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fans that went are not scabs, the refs from Malta are, I didn't go because I don't believe in crossing a picket line as a member of the public and an active member of a trade union and also a union rep!
    But the picket line was for refs who have shown to be corrupt and incompetent. Surely you can see the difference in say that and say the miners strike. I really can’t get my head around you supporting the refs and refusing to watch Hibs because of it.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 21-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I feel I should attack you for something.
    😂 cool. Well I support strikers and don’t cross picket lines. However I think frivolous strikes damage the unions cause and the refs strike was frivolous. It was not born out of the need for better conditions or pay it was because the refs got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar and didn’t like it. I also think this thread is way past due to be shifted to the holy ground due to it not being about football anymore. I also think Beaton is a terrible ref but he’s also about standard for Scottish refs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    😂 cool. Well I support strikers and don’t cross picket lines. However I think frivolous strikes damage the unions cause and the refs strike was frivolous. It was not born out of the need for better conditions or pay it was because the refs got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar and didn’t like it. I also think this thread is way past due to be shifted to the holy ground due to it not being about football anymore. I also think Beaton is a terrible ref but he’s also about standard for Scottish refs.
    That balanced and sensible post isn't helping really. Doesn't leave me much room for a wild-eyed slavering reply. Ok if I just generically call you a knob for no good reason and we leave it at that?

And the avatar thingy at the foot of your posts is where I'm at too.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    But the picket line was for refs who have shown to be corrupt and incompetent. Surely you can see the difference in say that and say the minors strike. I really can’t get my head around you supporting the refs and refusing to watch Hibs because of it.
    What were the kids striking about?

PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post

Didny like gaun' up the chimneys, selling books of matches or cleaning oot the backs o' the spinnin' jennys.

Shirkers.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    You, & people like you, are so far up your own backsides I reckon you never see the light of day! I am for unions & the working man like most, but you here getting all high & mighty mr union everybody else is wrong, you are slating folk like me who would NOT cross a legitimate picket line even though we’ve not been near a union in our life, because there hasn’t BEEN one in our line of employment, but just look at yourself right now, right this second! What do you see? Joker? Hypocrite? Scottish refs favour the two cheeks. It has always been like this in my lifetime. They are biased & some on the make, plenty who retire & then supplement their ill gotten gains telling guests how biased they were during their “careers”. I didn’t make that up, it’s actually a source of amusement for the cheeks & ther complicit press & all the rest. But you stay strong brothers, no crossing lines, solidarity etc, even though the lying filth your being so solid with have been FOUND OUT lying, been biased against everybody but 2 sets of cheats, for my 40 odd years watching MY team, but you stick up for your cheating lying on the make “refs” & slate the rest of us as you go. Nobody wants to be called a scab, but some of you are doing that here, but have a look at yourselves for a minute, & also the lying incompetents you are defending!
    HC hasn't slated anyone. He has just explained why he didn't go. He never asked anyone else to follow him. I think it's you that needs to have a look at yourself. Or have a cup of Ovaltine to calm yourself.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    That balanced and sensible post isn't helping really. Doesn't leave me much room for a wild-eyed slavering reply. Ok if I just generically call you a knob for no good reason and we leave it at that?

And the avatar thingy at the foot of your posts is where I'm at too.
    I'm okay with that, having spent a number of years at the end of a call line for social housing tenants wanting their houses fixed I can assure you I've been called worse for less
    Yeah it is an Einstein quote, he was a wise man!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Oops well spotted 😂

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    No wonder our unions are ****ed. Industry is toiling. We may not always agree with the reasons of a dispute but stand up and are counted regardless. You can't pick and choose

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Well said mr. We can have absolutely no frivolous, individualist free-thinking or personal opinions in this country.

Accept the word of the union 'man' (still an equal man of course, hes just a bit more equal than others) or be a class traitor and a scab.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    HC hasn't slated anyone. He has just explained why he didn't go. He never asked anyone else to follow him. I think it's you that needs to have a look at yourself. Or have a cup of Ovaltine to calm yourself.

Thats all I did, I never said anything about those who did go, thats their choice! I chose not to go to a game because of a strike. Thats my prerogative.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Well said mr. We can have absolutely no frivolous, individualist free-thinking or personal opinions in this country.

Accept the word of the union 'man' (still an equal man of course, hes just a bit more equal than others) or be a class traitor and a scab.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOCWUgwiWs

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post

Great song!

Been away for a few days - can someone bring me up to speed with what we are arguing about so that I can join in?

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Been away for a few days
    Scab.

Have never crossed a picket and would like to think I never will, However if this came up now it would definitely test me. I can't even remember the refs going on strike what year was this?

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Have never crossed a picket and would like to think I never will, However if this came up now it would definitely test me. I can't even remember the refs going on strike what year was this?
    Not quite sure. It was after a ref and linesman were caught colluding to make up lies about decisions but before Hugh Dallas got caught sending sectarian emails.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti...referee_strike

I wonder if the fact Neil Lennon is our manager has changed peoples views on the strike?

My memory at the time is that whilst there was limited sympathy for the referees there was also a lot of criticism that NL had gone 'too far' in his criticism of MacDonald and that Celtic and Lennon were acting like bullies. Fast forward a few years and apparently the strike was to protect lying and corrupt practices.

Fickle football fans eh?

Edit:

These threads from around the time make interesting reading:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?176002-Sellick-moaning-about-referee-decisions

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?195849-Willie-Collum-threatened-by-Celtc-fans&p=2619871#post2619871

Reading it briefly looks like some refs didn't even know why they where there and were not aware of a strike happening.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Reading it briefly looks like some refs didn't even know why they where there and were not aware of a strike happening.
    The SFA certainly seem to have misled some of the foreign officials who refused to break the strike after finding out the reason why.

Left by mutual consent!

Playing for Hearts.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    My deleted post 342, that naebody else will get to see, where I used THEYRE astrofisks for theyre swearword which was allegedly alright, telling someone not to talk merde, bluntly, my reply, no swear words only a request to not be so loud & foolish,was that personal abuse from me replying to someone saying don’t talk crap but less polite, but that original post was fine & left on? As the clique thread has it, one law for them admins & their mates, the rest ae us are just cannon fodder!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    The SFA certainly seem to have misled some of the foreign officials who refused to break the strike after finding out the reason why.
    Some! What a word! What “some” people DO with words. Misleadings another guid yin!

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    My deleted post 342, that naebody else will get to see, where I used THEYRE astrofisks for theyre swearword which was allegedly alright, telling someone not to talk merde, bluntly, my reply, no swear words only a request to not be so loud & foolish,was that personal abuse from me replying to someone saying don’t talk crap but less polite, but that original post was fine & left on? As the clique thread has it, one law for them admins & their mates, the rest ae us are just cannon fodder!
    That post was deleted because you called anyone who disagrees with your view "halfwits" and "slavers". If you can't post your opinions without those kind of insults (and you do seem to struggle to do so to be honest) then it won't be long until you can't post at all. The post you replied to was clearly tongue in cheek and wasn't aimed at you in any case.

Nothing at all to do with cliques or mates, just common decency and it's the same rules for all. It's up to you Major.

You have turned this into a big issue, all I did was stated my reason for not attending the match and all off a sudden I'm with the "cheating" refs as a sympathiser. My point was about my choice not cross a picket line to watch the game refereed by strike breakers.

Same rules for us all. I’ve had warnings and it’s been my own fault. There is no clique and I doubt the admins favour anyone when it comes to abuse or anything else.

I think you need to chill out a bit and not get yourself wound up. Or at least don’t go about calling folk halfwits!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Some! What a word! What “some” people DO with words. Misleadings another guid yin!
    Some being the officials who went straight home when they found out they were covering for striking refs. Misleading in the sense they were told it was a referee exchange by the SFA. I really don't see what you're objecting to here.