hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaton

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone actually believe this kinda thing anymore?

I’m not talking about the refereeing standard here, simply this one point.

Is it still popular belief that refs collude together for the benefit of Rangers over the other clubs, including Celtic?
    I’ve never really believed that although I am starting to think they enjoy getting one over Neil Lennon.

I don’t think they go out their way to cheat, I just think they’re not likely to give us the benefit of the doubt for major decisions.

I certainly don’t think there’s a conspiracy as there’s a fear over us, or anyone challenging the old firm.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just been listening to Sportsound (I know but it's a hibs free Sat what else to do) and to a man they all said it was a straight red for Alston and all 100% backed Neil Lennons post match comments

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Is it still popular belief that refs collude together for the benefit of Rangers over the other clubs, including Celtic?
    I believe it. It's subtle but it's there. Been watch Scottish football for many years and nothing has changed .... or will change.
    IMO the SPL was much better 2013-16. Apart from the one horse race and our relegation, the rest flourished.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    50 / 50 then!

I’ll leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I believe it. It's subtle but it's there. Been watch Scottish football for many years and nothing has changed .... or will change.
    IMO the SPL was much better 2013-16. Apart from the one horse race and our relegation, the rest flourished.
    If RFC had went through their recent financial woes but there was little or no TV coverage they would have been promoted far quicker and would probably have won the their 1st top league title by now. There used to a code among journalists back in the 1940's-5o's for them getting decisions e.g. "Rangers Charisma won them a penalty" or "despite a terrible foul Rangers charisma ensured the player stayed on the park."

Given your thoughts on Edinburgh's Council I don't really take your incredulity seriously. Personally I've been watching football for 50 years and I can only believe what I see. Whatever the mechanism for collusion or fear of the consequnces of the pecking order for favouritism among Scottish refs is 1.Rangers 2 Celtic 3. Aberdeen/Hearts.

What you on about the council for?

Bizarre post.

What you on about the council for?

Bizarre post.
    I'm not "on about" the council. Just mentioning, which you seem to have forgotten, your sticking up for the council in their doings with Hibs and now you seem to be sticking up for refs. Do you have a any forelock left?

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm not "on about" the council. Just mentioning, which you seem to have forgotten, your sticking up for the council in their doings with Hibs and now you seem to be sticking up for refs. Do you have a any forelock left?
    Does Beaton work for the council

How do you get that I’m sticking up for refs from my post?!

Do I have to be anti everything like you appear to be?

Geez, talk about starting an argument from nothing. I even added a smiley to my next post

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Aye, Ministry of 5hite decisions 😂

He negotiated the trams contract for the council.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Blog Entries
    Let's be clear here, there's no such thing as a professional foul. The only offence for which Alston could be sent off is for SERIOUS FOUL PLAY & the definition of that offence pretty much fits exactly what Alston did last night. I think there is favouritism to The Rangers throughout Scottish football though younger netters may find it hard to believe its actually better now given TV/social media coverage. What is a fact is that Beaton's an acknowledged Hun & his sending off of Handling was only matched by his failure to send off Joe Garner for an assault on a Hamilton player last season. I believe it's individual incompetence within an overarching scenario which continually favours The Rangers.

Alstons “tackle” on McGinn is a red card. Can’t help thinking if McGinn had stayed down and made out he was seriously injured, ref might have just given the red.

Im not saying that’s right thing to do, but a lot of footballers are very clever in situations like this, making sure the opponent is sent off. Stay down in apparent agony, team mates surround ref normally sways his decision. Guaranteed Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo etc wouldn’t have got up as quickly as McGinn did.

How do you get that I’m sticking up for refs from my post?!

Do I have to be anti everything like you appear to be?

Geez, talk about starting an argument from nothing. I even added a smiley to my next post
    You're right bud, and I apologise. No need, just me being a grumpy twat for no reason. Sorry.

Probably.

Doesn’t matter who he is subservient to , he’s a horrible black lodge knuckle knocking barsteward !

Fair do’s. Cheers

Given your thoughts on Edinburgh's Council I don't really take your incredulity seriously. Personally I've been watching football for 50 years and I can only believe what I see. Whatever the mechanism for collusion or fear of the consequnces of the pecking order for favouritism among Scottish refs is 1.Rangers 2 Celtic 3. Aberdeen/Hearts.
    Over my many years of watching Hibs, absolutely refs have favoured The Huns and Seltic

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Let's be clear here, there's no such thing as a professional foul. The only offence for which Alston could be sent off is for SERIOUS FOUL PLAY & the definition of that offence pretty much fits exactly what Alston did last night. I think there is favouritism to The Rangers throughout Scottish football though younger netters may find it hard to believe its actually better now given TV/social media coverage. What is a fact is that Beaton's an acknowledged Hun & his sending off of Handling was only matched by his failure to send off Joe Garner for an assault on a Hamilton player last season. I believe it's individual incompetence within an overarching scenario which continually favours The Rangers.
    It would be constructive for referees to have to declare an allegiance as football supporters and not referee any games that their team or their team’s rival in league had an interest in. We would really need a bigger league and a grown up societal discussion about sectarianism for this, which means it isn’t likely to happen for reasons that we have all discussed before.

Just watched the highlights again and the keeper was sent off for handball but you could argue he was not the last man and it was not deliberate so would a yellow card not have been the correct decision ?

Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    It would be constructive for referees to have to declare an allegiance as football supporters and not referee any games that their team or their team’s rival in league had an interest in. We would really need a bigger league and a grown up societal discussion about sectarianism for this, which means it isn’t likely to happen for reasons that we have all discussed before.
    They'd all do a Chick Young and claim to support a football team rather than admit to being Sevco or Celtc fans, so that they can continue to referee their own teams.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Alstons foul was a yellow no more IMO. People suggesting it’s knee high must be blind. Takes his shin. It’s a bad tackle but just a yellow for me.
    Yup, which would have been his second yellow and a sending off.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.
    He called it correctly but didn't book him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    The guy is a cheating *******. Simple as that for me.
    this, cheating barsteward

As I say, we will just have to disagree, I certainly didn’t see a ‘crazy lunge’ and the referee didn’t chicken out of anything.
    So its not a crazy lunge ..just a cynical kick out at a player.to stop him going forward and creating something ! Accepting that its ok and only worthy of a yellow says it all about our football in Scotland ..lets allow those who have less ability be allowed to just go out and kick people, commit numerous fouls, support managers to set out tactics to foul and kick certain influential players, by doing the rotational fouling thing that is so evident ! ....refs and some managers are ruining our game

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I don’t believe in a conspiracy against Hibs/Lennon. The refs just aren’t very good the majority of the time. Remember when we had Beaton in charge against the Huns at Ibrox this season? He sent off Ryan Jack but Stokes somehow managed to stay on the park despite being a one man wrecking crew all afternoon.

Every team suffers at the hand of these officials. We also have a manager who will always bring the referees performance into focus if it’s not been very good. Neil McCann is the only other one that I can remember who will do it on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don’t believe in a conspiracy against Hibs/Lennon. The refs just aren’t very good the majority of the time. Remember when we had Beaton in charge against the Huns at Ibrox this season? He sent off Ryan Jack but Stokes somehow managed to stay on the park despite being a one man wrecking crew all afternoon.

Every team suffers at the hand of these officials. We also have a manager who will always bring the referees performance into focus if it’s not been very good. Neil McCann is the only other one that I can remember who will do it on a regular basis.
    We suffer disproportionately though.

I'd agree that Stokes should have been sent off on our first visit to Ibrox, but that's the only blatant error in our favour this season. Blatant calls against us this season were Cochrane's assault on McGinn (only yellow), Shaw's goal at the PBS, a deliberate handball by Sevco wasn't a penalty, Clancy gifting Kilmarnock a penalty and Alston not being sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    He negotiated the trams contract for the council.
    Speaks volumes!

Blog Entries
    Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.
    It's not really what the rules say. The definition of Serious Foul Play (red card ) is below & IMO Alston's challenge ticked all those boxes.
    Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from thefront, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive forceand endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
    I agree with you that Beaton was thinking of an obvious goalscoring opportunity but this is a mindset encouraged by fans, commentators & the media in general. If Alston had tripped SJM it would have been a yellow but he kicked out & should have been dismissed. However as I posted earlier Beaton failed to send Joe Garner off for a kung fu challenge on a Hamilton player last season so he seems to have his own set of rules.
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-tried-9992624