hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamberi

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Lennon didnt sound too downbeat when he was asked about Kamberi on Saturday. He also said he was hopeful of a positive outcome. Can definitley see it dragging out until quite close to the 14th though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Is it unheard of to offer players a cut of future transfer fees, with clauses about amounts required to be released?

In terms of Kamberi, I think he is a vital signing for the coming season. I wonder how willing English teams are to gamble on someone who’s really only done it in the SPL for six months? Guys like Adam Rooney and Louis Moult managed a consistent goals record for a couple of season and couldn’t cut it in the Championship.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it unheard of to offer players a cut of future transfer fees, with clauses about amounts required to be released?

In terms of Kamberi, I think he is a vital signing for the coming season. I wonder how willing English teams are to gamble on someone who’s really only done it in the SPL for six months? Guys like Adam Rooney and Louis Moult managed a consistent goals record for a couple of season and couldn’t cut it in the Championship.
    There’s far more successes than failures that go down to English football from Scotland so I don’t think that would be a valid concern for them. I’d hazard a guess the French market has been much more unreliable for English clubs but I doubt they’ll stop buying players from France.

The longer this goes on the more unlikely he is to sign, but then again look at the Stokes saga.

Not feeling confident about this going through now.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    There’s far more successes than failures that go down to English football from Scotland so I don’t think that would be a valid concern for them. I’d hazard a guess the French market has been much more unreliable for English clubs but I doubt they’ll stop buying players from France.
    Not sure how you would really quantify that? I think of guys like Rooney, Stevie May, Jason Cummings, Louis Moult, Billy McKay, Stokes ( maybe for different reasons). All strikers who did well up here but never made an impression down south.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Not sure how you would really quantify that? I think of guys like Rooney, Stevie May, Jason Cummings, Louis Moult, Billy McKay, Stokes ( maybe for different reasons). All strikers who did well up here but never made an impression down south.
    Can’t really be arsed thinking about them all again but there’s also a fairly comprehensive list of players that have gone down from Scotland to Englandshire that have done really well and considering they cost absolute buttons I’d say we are a pretty good value market for the English.

Not sure how many were strikers to be fair so you might be right in that regard but overall I think any English club dismissing the Scottish league because of a few flops would be mad.

@hibs.net private member
    Barely a week since people were excited and there already the usual

I love the summer panic in these threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I love the summer panic in these threads!
    Panic stoked by ITK posters stating, on the 24th of May say, to expect an announcement very soon on Kamberi?

Perhaps people's ideas of "very soon" differ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Panic stoked by ITK posters stating, on the 24th of May say, to expect an announcement very soon on Kamberi?

Soon isn’t 24hrs. Soon is within a couple of weeks not the end of the window. More so when a lot of the players still on hol.

For what it’s worth I posted Stokes would sign about 6 weeks before it was actually announced. I also expect Mallan soon as well. How soon?... Maybe next week if things can be sorted. If not doesn’t mean he’s not coming as he is. Along with Kamberi.

Quite soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The hits from the French league have been pretty good, but for every Eric Cantona there are a few William Pruniers and Didier N'Dongs.

I always find it hard to predict which Scottish based players will be successful down South. Some really good players go and struggle, some honest grafters seem to thrive.

Soon isn’t 24hrs. Soon is within a couple of weeks not the end of the window. More so when a lot of the players still on hol.

For what it’s worth I posted Stokes would sign about 6 weeks before it was actually announced. I also expect Mallan soon as well. How soon?... Maybe next week if things can be sorted. If not doesn’t mean he’s not coming as he is. Along with Kamberi.
    Well, at least you are still confident.

FWIW I'm quite enjoying the drama and it is the same every year.

However, LD has turned down Plymouth. Lennon is staying. Things seem to be going positively as far as I'm concerned.

A signing would settle a few nerves though.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

However, LD has turned down Plymouth. Lennon is staying. Things seem to be going positively as far as I'm concerned.

How on earth can you be enjoying this?! It’s torture

Two players just played in the Champions League final who were picked up from the Scottish market by English teams.

I agree an early signing is always a good. But if to get quality means a slight delay I don’t mind. Think it would give season ticket sales a little boost as well so I’m sure they’ll try get a couple in asap.

That will do for me mateGet Kenny to on board to coach him and Ollie how to make those runs of his and stay onside and we have a potent young strike force who will only improve and an old head to come off the bench and score a few into the bargain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Quite soon.
    Is that sooner or less soon than relatively soon? :-)

I'd still like to see Kenny Miller get offered a one year contract. We have Oli Shaw and, presumably, Kamberi who are 2 exciting young strikers who would be improved by playing and training with someone of Miller's pedigree. He has plenty to offer on the park in his own right too, imo.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I'd still like to see Kenny Miller get offered a one year contract. We have Oli Shaw and, presumably, Kamberi who are 2 exciting young strikers who would be improved by playing and training with someone of Miller's pedigree. He has plenty to offer on the park in his own right too, imo.
    I change my mind about this every week :

Today , I think that if there's a possibility that we could get him and he didn't cost the earth then I would take him.
    It couldn't do any harm.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Exactly, seems a "no brainer" to me. Everybody wins. Really hope we sign Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Exactly, seems a "no brainer" to me. Everybody wins. Really hope we sign Kenny.
    No thanks, had his chance to come back before he signed on with the currant buns again.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    No thanks, had his chance to come back before he signed on with the currant buns again.
    Think it has been established several times that he didn't, as there was no approach from Hibs.

Think there will be at least 2 deals done in the next 2 weeks before the team returns for pre season. Think Lennon eluded to trying to get in a few before players returned.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Reasons to hold back on announcing will be varied. Keeps other agents and players in negotiations on their toes and perhaps temper demands...? Who knows but don’t think it’s always doom and gloom
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    That will do for me mateGet Kenny to on board to coach him and Ollie how to make those runs of his and stay onside and we have a potent young strike force who will only improve and an old head to come off the bench and score a few into the bargain

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Think it has been established several times that he didn't, as there was no approach from Hibs.
    See no reason to change that policy, TBH.

Footnote: FWIW, it's not that I don't like Kenny. I thought he was one of the best things I ever saw when he broke into Hibs first team. He has had a fantastic career and is a model pro. However, I just don't think we sign him at this stage.
    Last edited by snooky; 04-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

Defo think Kenny would be a good role model and good coach to have. If Kenny joins I’m going to harass him to get me on the coaching role 😂

Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    Yeah but that didn’t actually happen though.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Defo think Kenny would be a good role model and good coach to have. If Kenny joins I’m going to harass him to get me on the coaching role 😂
    How could you coach and cook the lunch at the same time #@HTCcanteenlady