hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Carragher

Jamie Carragher

Disgusting behaviour, even if he was being goaded. His position at Sky must be in danger after this.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nited-14397826

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Shouldn't have done it but the behaviour of the cameraman in the video is just as petty and juvenile. Deliberately goads someone whilst filming with his phone while driving, then cares more about the fact he's caught someone he doesn't know doing something stupid on camera than his daughter, who's clearly in distress and embarrassed by his behaviour having just been spat on as a direct result of his actions. What a dick.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't have done it but the behaviour of the cameraman in the video is just as petty and juvenile. Deliberately goads someone whilst filming with his phone while driving, then cares more about the fact he's caught someone he doesn't know doing something stupid on camera than his daughter, who's clearly in distress and embarrassed by his behaviour having just been spat on as a direct result of his actions. What a dick.

I think he is a goner and I don't mean an Arsenal fan .
    Despite the apology being accepted I can't see anyway he stays in his Sky job. He is young that spit may have cost him a few million quid. Twenty years work at over £100k a year ?

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Yep the father seems like an arse as well. However that is disgraceful from Carragher. The "goading" wasn't even that bad based on what was on the video, his reaction was totally disproportionate and he's lucky not to be charged with assault.

Left by mutual consent!
    Have always thought he looks a right erse. Another English media darling falls, just like Giggsy.

I’m sure the video doesn’t tell the whole story and there was more “banter” up to this point. Pretty disgusting to spit at anyone though and Carragher definitely over reacts.

But how bloody stupid is the Camerman to openly record a video on his phone whilst driving then release it online.

If Jamie loses his job over this then the guy filming him deserves the sack from his job too

Driving whilst using a phone and provoking another driver, could of gotten someone seriously injuried. You can tell by his initial reaction he doesn’t care, he just wants his name in the paper and all the attention from this.

That said Jamie should of ignored him and not spat in their faces which is an equally disgusting way to treat another person

Position untenable after that surely.

Pretty disappointing from Carragher - I enjoyed his punditry. He didn't even need to roll down his window.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scousers have a lot of saliva build up when they are at their weeeeeerrrrrrrrrkkkkkkk.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    at least his gobbings don't need subtitles, absolutely disgusting filthy ****, same with that ***** gary neville twice being filmed using his mobile phone whilst driving, big fancy mega expensive car which will have bluetooth but still finds a need to hold the phone and a steering wheel at the same time, role models ? pffttt
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 11-03-2018 at 11:32 PM.

He'll be toast after that.

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Surely a reckless driving charge is in order for the guy filming? Using a mobile phone to film whilst driving, clearly not paying attention to the road and trying to provoke another driver. No excusing Carragher’s reaction but his daughter wouldn’t have been gobbed on if he wasn’t such an arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I feel sorry for the daughter, she is clearly embarrassed by the father's actions, I'm sure there was more to it than the video clip suggests but there is no excuse for what he done

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yep the father seems like an arse as well. However that is disgraceful from Carragher. The "goading" wasn't even that bad based on what was on the video, his reaction was totally disproportionate and he's lucky not to be charged with assault.
    Really? That seems a bit disproportionate to me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q145.htm

'In most cases, spitting if done deliberately will be an assault. However, if it is accidental then it will not be an assault'

the father might get charged with using his mobile whilst driving :)

Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 12-03-2018 at 04:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Disgusting from Carragher regardless of the provocation.

Shouldn't have done it but the dad sounds like a complete ****nuggett. Fine and penalty points coming his way and probably the loss of a decent contract for carragher

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Deliberately spitting at someone is an assault. The fact it was on a child may make things even worse for him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Father wants to have a word with himself behaving like that with his daughter in the car.

Carragher has no excuses though and it's going to be an expensive gobbing for him.

Idiotic behaviour from him, he could have just ignored it. The guy filming doesn't seem particularly concerned for his daughter though given his 1st reaction is to laugh. If someone spat on my daughter my 1st thought would be to make sure she was ok and I certainly wouldn't be using my phone while driving with her either.

A lot of football fans seems to think you can treat players (or pundits in this case) how you want though and get no reaction. They are human too. Video shows 2 people behaving like utter dicks imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Disgusting from Carragher.

Will lose his job at Sky and potentially looking at a criminal record for spitting at a 14 year old girl.

The veneer of the smart suit and the TV studio can't hide forever that some footballers are basically pretty rough types.

There's been plenty of media coverage of the dangers of using your phone while driving. I hope the stupid **** loses his licence.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The veneer of the smart suit and the TV studio can't hide forever that some footballers are basically pretty rough types.
    Have never understood why footballers have to spit so much in general. Rugby players don't seem to have this same need.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Have never understood why footballers have to spit so much in general. Rugby players don't seem to have this same need.
    If you look around the internet you'll find various stats, but it seems that the average footballer will run 10-12km per match (sometimes rising to 15) whereas in rugby it's 7km maximum. Also in rugby, it's rare to sprint 40-50m at a time, whereas it happens fairly often in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    If you look around the internet you'll find various stats, but it seems that the average footballer will run 10-12km per match (sometimes rising to 15) whereas in rugby it's 7km maximum. Also in rugby, it's rare to sprint 40-50m at a time, whereas it happens fairly often in football.
    You think it's a mathematical rather than cultural thing then?
    Don't see why they can't just swallow whatever excess phlegm they're producing. Don't really want to see their bodily fluids flying through the air any more than I want to see people pishing in the street.

Spitting at people = urinating on people = disgusting, sackable offence, castration's too good for them.
    Spitting in public = urinating in public = gross.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    You think it's a mathematical rather than cultural thing then?
    Don't see why they can't just swallow whatever excess phlegm they're producing. Don't really want to see their bodily fluids flying through the air any more than I want to see people pishing in the street.

Spitting at people = urinating on people = disgusting, sackable offence, castration's too good for them.
    Spitting in public = urinating in public = gross.
    Personally, I favour the 'cover one nostril with the index finger while blowing hard down the nose' for clearing my nose out while running, etc. If Carragher had done that, would there have been the same fuss double standards, country's going to the dogs, do gooders

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Personally, I favour the 'cover one nostril with the index finger while blowing hard down the nose' for clearing my nose out while running, etc.
    Mrs S will be on shortly claiming that women never do this.