hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

When did we last score from a cross (excluding set pieces)?

My memory fails me and I am struggling to remember when we last scored from a good old fashioned cross from out wide, whether it be a volley or a header?

I know Porteus scored from a corner at Killie, but outside of set pieces I’m struggling to recall the ball bring whipped in and someone getting on the end of it?

Anyone care to help me remember?
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 13-03-2018 at 12:01 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sjm scored a bullet header from a corner(i think) but i can't remember against who...but it was at the south end

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Don’t know the last one but Stokes and Shaw both scored from crosses at home to Ross County round about Christmas. Murray against Dundee too. Don’t think it’s all that uncommon but we do seem to prefer low balls into the box rather than going for headers

Having said that, McGinn did score a header away to Killie earlier on in the season

Shaw at the PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

A low ball into the box is still a cross ,like Shaw’s goal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A low ball into the box is still a cross ,like Shaw’s goal.
    I’m aware of that but they generally don’t match the description of being ‘whipped in from out wide’ as the OP stated

I remember Barker crossing the ball for Shaw to tap into the net, can't remember which game that was though.

I crossed myself on Friday night and the ball went into the net just as the Jambos started singing ‘we’re up to our knees...’

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    My memory fails me and I am struggling to remember when we last scored from a good old fashioned cross from out wide, whether it be a volley or a header?

I know Porteus scored from a corner at Killie, but outside of set pieces I’m struggling to recall the ball bring whipped in and someone getting on the end of it?

Probably not the last time but here are some.

https://youtu.be/EyGv1jfuDPE

Did Murray and McGinn not both score from David Gray crosses in the 3-0 defeat of Kilmarnock?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Did Murray and McGinn not both score from David Gray crosses in the 3-0 defeat of Kilmarnock?
    Yes they did.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Stokes scored a nice header a few months back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't see the classic cross and headed goal all that much these days. Whether it's to do with better defending or poor technique I don't know. But Hibs certainly haven't scored many such goals over the years and with tunnel visionary Boyle speeding down the right I can't see that situation changing!

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You don't see the classic cross and headed goal all that much these days. Whether it's to do with better defending or poor technique I don't know. But Hibs certainly haven't scored many such goals over the years and with tunnel visionary Boyle speeding down the right I can't see that situation changing!
    I'd reckon it's more to do with the way teams play. Teams rarely go out with two wingers and two forwards which is the more traditional method and reasoning behind crosses being successful. You tend to see more crosses and headers in lower league and junior football.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Kamberi in the same game as Porteous.

@hibs.net private member
    Tonight!!! Lol... well done Scott Allan and Efe!

Today

Aye big EFE from a Scotty cross in the second minute at St Johnstone tonight . Yee Ha!,!