hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phone the TO tomorrow - you’re not the only one having this issue if that makes you feel any better.
    Cheers. Will do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was in ticket office today and man in front of me asked to do the payment plan there only to be told they could not process it there unless he was handicapped which he was not .
    Man said he did not have access to a computer and would have to find a source with a computer to do the season ticket application .
    It shows that there is still in this age Hibs fan's who are of a more mature age are not yet computer literate or even have a computer so they will toil to renew their season ticket by the credit plan on the web .
    Lady said it was to save on paper but could cost Hibs season ticket purchases .
    Was able to get mine though for another season as wife bought it for me as a birthday treatm

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maturehibby View Post
    Was in ticket office today and man in front of me asked to do the payment plan there only to be told they could not process it there unless he was handicapped which he was not .
    Man said he did not have access to a computer and would have to find a source with a computer to do the season ticket application .
    It shows that there is still in this age Hibs fan's who are of a more mature age are not yet computer literate or even have a computer so they will toil to renew their season ticket by the credit plan on the web .
    Lady said it was to save on paper but could cost Hibs season ticket purchases .
    Was able to get mine though for another season as wife bought it for me as a birthday treatm
    Handicapped?

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I tried to renew through the payment plan for the first time (no interest charges so why not?) but I could not complete the application as you have to give details of your employment and I have been retired for nearly five years. Bearing in mind my pensions total more than a minimum wage job I feel a little hard done by - I feel like going on safari and shooting a Zebra.
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Is there not an option to tick retired at employment boxes.Or phone Zebra for advice
    Yeah. I’m in the same boat. Worked fine while I was working but I’m retired now but get works pensions. No option to choose Retired.

I’m not unemployed, so I’m not going to choose that option. So, I just chose Employed and put down the employers name & address that my main pension is paid from. Worked OK, so I’m happy. Have all the confirmation stuff through as well - email from Hibs and letter from Zebra.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Confirmation letter arrived for me today. First payment of £35 due out on or around the 26th March.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Yeah. I’m in the same boat. Worked fine while I was working but I’m retired now but get works pensions. No option to choose Retired.

I’m not unemployed, so I’m not going to choose that option. So, I just chose Employed and put down the employers name & address that my main pension is paid from. Worked OK, so I’m happy. Have all the confirmation stuff through as well - email from Hibs and letter from Zebra.
    I just renewed tonight and I’m sure I saw an “other” option in the employment status dropdown. Did you try that at all?

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    There is.I used that option to tick retired.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I just renewed tonight and I’m sure I saw an “other” option in the employment status dropdown. Did you try that at all?
    Must admit, didn’t see it, so didn’t try it.
    Will give it a go next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Handicapped?
    Quite. How offensive is that ?

Renewing on Friday. Could do with coming down a few rows in the east though but fat chance of 5 seats in a row becoming available lower down in the middle of the east. They stairs are a killer

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post

I didn't see this - I must have got the humph too quick! Will try next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Reading the post it doesn't appear to me that the poster was trying to be offensive or derogatory in anyway. Lets not all jump on his back.

Signed up for Zebra payment plan last Thursday 8/3 got confirmation letter today 15/3 with first payment 27/3.
    Easy Peasy 😁
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Just renewed 2 - one in Sec 50, the other in Sec 25.

Everything done and finance forms signed electronically - all within 4 minutes.

Result!!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    The quoted poster is in his 70s and doesn't always know what terms are deemed offensive today despite not meaning anything untoward. Let's not get too excited

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Reading the post it doesn't appear to me that the poster was trying to be offensive or derogatory in anyway. Lets not all jump on his back.
    He's my dad and definitely wasn't. Thanks for your understanding.

I know the poster and there is no way he meant to offensive.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Cheers. Will do.
    I contacted the ticket office today to be told that my application was blocked somewhere between Ticketmaster and Zebra. She was having to contact Ticketmaster for them to cancel my original application for me to apply again. Could give no reason why it got blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The way I read it, he was only repeating what he heard the person in the ticket office say to the non computer owning person. If anything, it’s the ticket office that should be pulled up for using that expression, if indeed there is anything wrong with it in the first place.

I’m beginning to think I’ve led a very sheltered life. I read things on here that many people take offence to and cries of “you can’t say that nowadays”. For my own education (and possibly a few others on the forum?) - serious question - what is the alternative phraseology or word(s) that should be / should have been used instead of the ‘H’ word?

I had an email from Hibs saying there was a problem with my season ticket application and so I had to do it again. I was a bit miffed as I had ordered 2 tickets for Perth the day before and I received an email saying I had selected the family stand but hadn’t requested any youngsters’ tickets. I thought I just did what I had always done and selected ordinary tickets. I received an email saying I couldn’t do this but they still took the money out of my account anyway🤨 Not sure what the problem was but 2 issues when ordering tickets is unusual as I’ve never had a problem before. Must be getting old!😁

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    He's my dad and definitely wasn't. Thanks for your understanding.
    To clear this up it was me who originally quoted your Dad's post. I was in no way accusing him of being offensive, I was referring to him repeating what the TO had stated. Sorry for any confusion, and any concern I may have caused your Dad.

Not had a letter yet but I received and e mail from Zebra the same day saying application went through fine and accepted, I have a reference number.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not had a letter yet but I received and e mail from Zebra the same day saying application went through fine and accepted, I have a reference number.
    I got my confirmation letter in post 7 days after signing up for payment plan.
    I see you only signed up on Monday so should receive it in next few days.
    You can check your eTicket account which will confirm if it has gone through.👍
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    I got my confirmation letter in post 7 days after signing up for payment plan.
    I see you only signed up on Monday so should receive it in next few days.
    You can check your eTicket account which will confirm if it has gone through.👍
    Where about does it tell you? I’ve had a look at my eTicket account and I can’t see anything. The two tickets I’m renewing are not there when I look at my tickets available for renewing, don’t know if that’s because they’re already renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Where about does it tell you? I’ve had a look at my eTicket account and I can’t see anything. The two tickets I’m renewing are not there when I look at my tickets available for renewing, don’t know if that’s because they’re already renewed.
    When you’re logged in, click on ‘My Account’ (Top right of screen) and then click on ‘Account History’ (last item under Account Management and just above Sign Out. Assuming you’ve not purchased any other tickets recently, the first item showing should be your ST purchase/renewal.
    Click on the arrow pointing downwards and it should expand to show full details of the purchase.

If on the other hand there’s nothing there relating to the ST purchase, you’d need to contact the ticket office for an explanation.

When you’re logged in, click on ‘My Account’ (Top right of screen) and then click on ‘Account History’ (last item under Account Management and just above Sign Out. Assuming you’ve not purchased any other tickets recently, the first item showing should be your ST purchase/renewal.
    Click on the arrow pointing downwards and it should expand to show full details of the purchase.

If on the other hand there’s nothing there relating to the ST purchase, you’d need to contact the ticket office for an explanation.
    Thanks. Found it now. Doesn’t tell me anything I don’t know though unfortunately. I misunderstood and thought it would tell me if my payment plan had been accepted or not. If it’s a 7 day turnaround, I should hopefully hear in the next couple of days.

The way I read it, he was only repeating what he heard the person in the ticket office say to the non computer owning person. If anything, it’s the ticket office that should be pulled up for using that expression, if indeed there is anything wrong with it in the first place.

I’m beginning to think I’ve led a very sheltered life. I read things on here that many people take offence to and cries of “you can’t say that nowadays”. For my own education (and possibly a few others on the forum?) - serious question - what is the alternative phraseology or word(s) that should be / should have been used instead of the ‘H’ word?
    "Disabled" would suffice.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Recieved confirmation letter from Zebra today.5 days after completing online application

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Recieved confirmation letter from Zebra today.5 days after completing online application
    Me too. Glad to have it sorted.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    The quoted poster is in his 70s and doesn't always know what terms are deemed offensive today despite not meaning anything untoward. Let's not get too excited
    To be quite honest, Im 37 and I didnt realise that the term Handicapped was deemed offensive these days . I have an auntie who i had always classed as handicapped.