hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly Medals should close his trap. Exciting times ahead for both Edinburgh clubs if it stays this way. He’s no idea what he’s on about and should stick to being a bookie down Mussie.

Presumably you're referring to Hibs and Edinburgh City?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    No allegedly about it, its on film.
    Oh I know, just as he was never *actually* charged with anything at the time thought I'd best add that caveat.

The 400,000 are everywhere...... 😨

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Veering off topic a bit but does anyone know a Hibby who was at Dens on that wonderful day ? I was at ER but on reflection i would love to have been there - no in fact at both .
    Old man is a yam. I was in the main stand at Dens that very day. Aged 10 and dragged along as mum would've stipulated d
    so she could go to bingo ha ha.

Also at Hampden week later... 😂

Feel 1% sad as I love my old man (decent yam) and now know it would've hurt, but 99% find it hilarious now.

To be fair he took me to a different game every Saturday. Regardless of team. He still regrets taking me to ER for a Hibs v Celtic game where I fell in love with Steve Archibald ❤

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    ...and Kidd, no not Sir Albert but wee Wattie, got himself sent off. First in sn SC final was it?
    Did Roy Aitken no get sent off in the '84 cup final? Not that it makes Zico Kidd's sending off in '86 any less funny, or indeed less of a fitting epitaph to a magnificent season for Marshall's Chunky Chicken Champions!

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Veering off topic a bit but does anyone know a Hibby who was at Dens on that wonderful day ? I was at ER but on reflection i would love to have been there - no in fact at both .
    I was there and what a great day it was

I moved up to the Dundee area in 1975 due to work got married and stayed. I went to the game with my mate and his family who are all Dundee fc fans and persuaded me to go along as the last thing I wanted to see was them winning the league. Prior to the game they kept assuring me that Dundee would beat them not that I was convinced.

I went to the game and boy what a game it was as we all know. I was one of the first out my seat when Albert Kidd scored but had to stop myself from pulling my Hibs scarf out from underneath my coat which I had said to my mate that I would wear if I was going to the game.

I used to help my mate run one of the Monifieth boys youth team for about 5 years when I was home from working offshore. Anyway my mate new Albert and on the odd occasion he would come along to mid week training that season to help train the boys which they loved but i never got to meet him until the end of season dance after that glorious game.

My mate introduced me to Albert and his wife at the dance when we arrived and I said to him that you are my hero and that was 2 of the greatest goals I ever seen which he looked at me as if I was stupid until I explained that I was a Hibee and was at the game.

He stated that he understood the attention from the Celtic support as they won the league but was amazed at the amount of Hibs supporters that had been in touch with about the game. We had good laugh and great night and told him he was legend in our eyes

As they say I can say I was there

https://youtu.be/vQYMLIaaK60?t=7m24s

Medals being a racist ****.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    No allegedly about it, its on film.
    Any footage? MacKay came to my children’s school at behest of a retiring Jambo deputy head and gave a ex-Yam and ex-Scotland talk to primary kids without my knowledge. I was outraged in particular that I wasn’t forewarned at least to allow my son to ask him what he had won in his career. I don’t think the head would be happy if she’d known about his actions at Harper due to her stance on bullying.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 17SquirrelPower View Post
    Any footage? MacKay came to my children’s school at behest of a retiring Jambo deputy head and gave a ex-Yam and ex-Scotland talk to primary kids without my knowledge. I was outraged in particular that I wasn’t forewarned at least to allow my son to ask him what he had won in his career. I don’t think the head would be happy if she’d known about his actions at Harper due to her stance on bullying.
    Hopefully.a refreshing stance on bullying most places it's all talk and little or no action.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.