hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 83 of 83
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rangers had won and Cummings was in the crowd waving a union jack would people be defending him? Done far more for Hibs than Griffiths so I assume more people would?
    Two things there:

    1) Griffiths is a boyhood Hibee, and eventually wound up at Celtic. I don't like Celtic one bit, but they're not as bad as Rangers for me and I just refuse to accept some of the "two cheeks of the same arse" stuff that's posted on here.

    2) Hibernia, whether one likes it or not, translates as Ireland in Latin. Hibs have Irish roots and I have waved an Erin go Bragh flag at Hampden many a time, regardless of our opposition. Celtic's plastic paddy shtick is annoying, but Griffiths flying one doesn't anger me at all. The Union Jack, on the other hand, has been tarnished somewhat by its association with the far right, and what better proof of that than some of the absolute bigots who exist within the Rangers support.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Muirhouse
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FWIW I couldn't care less about flags. It's the idiots who wave them to get a reaction that want their heads looking at. Either all national flags are ok or all are not. That's the problem with flags, they're like religion in that they are intended to unite people whereas in reality all they do is divide them.
    Its the idiots that get offended at a piece of 20p chinese made printed polyester that want their heads looked at in my opinion.

  4. #63
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,384
    Seeing that Scottish man with a dirty foreign flag is confusing to me. What a traitor.

    WATP

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rangers had won and Cummings was in the crowd waving a union jack would people be defending him? Done far more for Hibs than Griffiths so I assume more people would?

    surprised you are jumping at the chance to get on Griffiths back in all honesty. not like you.

  6. #65
    First Team Breakthrough norhfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bergen,Norway
    Posts
    484
    Cant see what the problem is, as a young lad I had one with me at the 1979 Cup Final.
    Right up against the fence winding up the huns, got the reaction I was looking for.
    A player celebrating a derby win amonst the fans....shocking eh !

  7. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Union Jack obv much more favourable tae you for whatever reason. Huns were **** to Hibs fans in 70/80/90s & let away wi it by “scottish polis “ eg brothers. Proud of being bullies backed by useless Scottish ineffectual biased polis! Many sore faces while under 16 weRing Hibs colours at hands of huns. They were something to behold, if you were unfortunate enough in the 70s or 80s! Bloodbath! Usually yours!
    What on earth are you havering about?

  8. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll tell you what's wrong with it, we've got two foreign teams playing in our league
    Nailed.

    It doesn’t bother me Griffiths doing it as he’s a Celtic man now. So he’s just another plum in the old firm crowd waving a flag in my eyes.

  9. #68
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good weekend for him, Easter road to see his team win on Friday, Ibrox to see his employer win on Sunday.

    Probably got a **** on Saturday to get the hat trick.
    Better weekend for the Hibees, 2-0 v Hearts on Friday. 3-2 v Celtic (development squad) Saturday and 2-1 v Rangers (womens) on Sunday. That's not a bad weekend.

  10. #69
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    5,868
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    surprised you are jumping at the chance to get on Griffiths back in all honesty. not like you.
    Surprised I am asking a question on a message board? I dont dislike Griffiths personally, I dislike the double standards and that he gets far more love than he deserves.

  11. #70
    Murray = kisses badge
    Griffiths = waves flag/kisses badge/ties scarf tae goalpost
    Cummings = did the 5-1 gesture.

    Who actually cares? Seriously. Get some perspective.

    If that's yer biggest worry in life then I feel sorry fir ye!

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray = kisses badge
    Griffiths = waves flag/kisses badge/ties scarf tae goalpost
    Cummings = did the 5-1 gesture.

    Who actually cares? Seriously. Get some perspective.

    If that's yer biggest worry in life then I feel sorry fir ye!
    And yet only one of them (incidentally the one that never signed permanently with us) is adored.

    I don’t think anyone sees it as a big worry. But the OP is perfectly entitled to raise it as a talking point. 90% of the threads on here are pretty trivial/light-hearted or unimportant.

    It’s only a game, and we’re only talking about the game.

  13. #72
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet only one of them (incidentally the one that never signed permanently with us) is adored.

    I don’t think anyone sees it as a big worry. But the OP is perfectly entitled to raise it as a talking point. 90% of the threads on here are pretty trivial/light-hearted or unimportant.

    It’s only a game, and we’re only talking about the game.

    Most Hibs fans prefer Celtic to Rangers. Time I just admit and accept that. Personally I can’t stand them both. I took an Ireland flag to Ibrox the week before the 2001 Scottish cup final. You kind of grow out that wind up ***** though.

  14. #73
    Who cares

  15. #74
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,303
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But you're wasting your breath. Some posters on here won't accept that there's two sides to the bigot arse. It only works because they keep feeding off each other. But pointing that out makes you a hun

    If you can't see the problem then you're part of it.
    I've read this thread with interest, but given recent history, I'm electing to say nothing on the actual matter at hand.

    But THANK YOU for this post

  16. #75
    First Team Regular Hibees3_Sevco2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Embra
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 green teams winning at the weekend over their rivals shocker 😎😁
    Griffiths celebrations at both matches.
    Unhappy Sevco and Jambo supporters.
    Carlsberg weekend!
    Best weekend!

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best weekend!
    Saturday’s rugby could’ve went better though

  18. #77
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saturday’s rugby could’ve went better though
    Whisper that quietly 😉

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Union Jack obv much more favourable tae you for whatever reason. Huns were **** to Hibs fans in 70/80/90s & let away wi it by “scottish polis “ eg brothers. Proud of being bullies backed by useless Scottish ineffectual biased polis! Many sore faces while under 16 weRing Hibs colours at hands of huns. They were something to behold, if you were unfortunate enough in the 70s or 80s! Bloodbath! Usually yours!
    And that's why I'd suggest a lot of Hibbies are more anti Hun than anti Celtic.

    Been to games with guys back (very far back) in the day with no Irish connections who took Trics to wind up full fat and diet huns. One was the son of a COS minister and another had been to Stewart Melville school

    If sparky wants to wind up Der Hun , crack on. Don't buy this two cheeks cliche. Seems some people on here have very short memories. Sevco and their media lackeys post SCF antics mean they are the institution I dislike possibly even more than Hertz. That doesn't mean I've any affinity or liking for Celtic.

    Until recently there was a big Tricolour in the window of a house on the border between the Bingham and Niddrie suburbs. I wondered where it had gone..if you took it sparky someone's missing their curtains !

  20. #79
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that's why I'd suggest a lot of Hibbies are more anti Hun than anti Celtic.

    Been to games with guys back (very far back) in the day with no Irish connections who took Trics to wind up full fat and diet huns. One was the son of a COS minister and another had been to Stewart Melville school

    If sparky wants to wind up Der Hun , crack on. Don't buy this two cheeks cliche. Seems some people on here have very short memories. Sevco and their media lackeys post SCF antics mean they are the institution I dislike possibly even more than Hertz. That doesn't mean I've any affinity or liking for Celtic.

    Until recently there was a big Tricolour in the window of a house on the border between the Bingham and Niddrie suburbs. I wondered where it had gone..if you took it sparky someone's missing their curtains !
    Leigh is from Magdalene/Christians Got chucked out of Porty and went to Leith. Never ever liked Celtic prior to joining them. Ireland flag is for their fans that’s about it.

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,006
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say the same if it was Ian Murray waving a huge Union Jack in amongst the Rangers fans? Rangers are proud of their British roots after all.

    Union Jack obv much more favourable tae you for whatever reason. Huns were **** to Hibs fans in 70/80/90s & let away wi it by “scottish polis “ eg brothers. Proud of being bullies backed by useless Scottish ineffectual biased polis! Many sore faces while under 16 weRing Hibs colours at hands of huns. They were something to behold, if you were unfortunate enough in the 70s or 80s! Bloodbath! Usually yours!

    You have just proved that you really don't know him at all.

    He's a died in the wool Scottish Nationalist

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,006





  23. #82
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fitba player playin up to his current team shocker!?! You one ae the never accept NL 100% because of his background brigade tae?
    Where does this brigade of Hibs fans exist? Your imagination?

  24. #83
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote




    ****ing Sassanach!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved