hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Rangers had won and Cummings was in the crowd waving a union jack would people be defending him? Done far more for Hibs than Griffiths so I assume more people would?
    Two things there:

1) Griffiths is a boyhood Hibee, and eventually wound up at Celtic. I don't like Celtic one bit, but they're not as bad as Rangers for me and I just refuse to accept some of the "two cheeks of the same arse" stuff that's posted on here.

2) Hibernia, whether one likes it or not, translates as Ireland in Latin. Hibs have Irish roots and I have waved an Erin go Bragh flag at Hampden many a time, regardless of our opposition. Celtic's plastic paddy shtick is annoying, but Griffiths flying one doesn't anger me at all. The Union Jack, on the other hand, has been tarnished somewhat by its association with the far right, and what better proof of that than some of the absolute bigots who exist within the Rangers support.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    FWIW I couldn't care less about flags. It's the idiots who wave them to get a reaction that want their heads looking at. Either all national flags are ok or all are not. That's the problem with flags, they're like religion in that they are intended to unite people whereas in reality all they do is divide them.
    Its the idiots that get offended at a piece of 20p chinese made printed polyester that want their heads looked at in my opinion.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Seeing that Scottish man with a dirty foreign flag is confusing to me. What a traitor.

WATP

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    If Rangers had won and Cummings was in the crowd waving a union jack would people be defending him? Done far more for Hibs than Griffiths so I assume more people would?

surprised you are jumping at the chance to get on Griffiths back in all honesty. not like you.

Cant see what the problem is, as a young lad I had one with me at the 1979 Cup Final.
    Right up against the fence winding up the huns, got the reaction I was looking for.
    A player celebrating a derby win amonst the fans....shocking eh !

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Union Jack obv much more favourable tae you for whatever reason. Huns were **** to Hibs fans in 70/80/90s & let away wi it by “scottish polis “ eg brothers. Proud of being bullies backed by useless Scottish ineffectual biased polis! Many sore faces while under 16 weRing Hibs colours at hands of huns. They were something to behold, if you were unfortunate enough in the 70s or 80s! Bloodbath! Usually yours!
    What on earth are you havering about?

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I'll tell you what's wrong with it, we've got two foreign teams playing in our league
    Nailed.

It doesn’t bother me Griffiths doing it as he’s a Celtic man now. So he’s just another plum in the old firm crowd waving a flag in my eyes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Good weekend for him, Easter road to see his team win on Friday, Ibrox to see his employer win on Sunday.

Probably got a **** on Saturday to get the hat trick.
    Better weekend for the Hibees, 2-0 v Hearts on Friday. 3-2 v Celtic (development squad) Saturday and 2-1 v Rangers (womens) on Sunday. That's not a bad weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    surprised you are jumping at the chance to get on Griffiths back in all honesty. not like you.
    Surprised I am asking a question on a message board? I dont dislike Griffiths personally, I dislike the double standards and that he gets far more love than he deserves.

Murray = kisses badge
    Griffiths = waves flag/kisses badge/ties scarf tae goalpost
    Cummings = did the 5-1 gesture.

Who actually cares? Seriously. Get some perspective.

If that's yer biggest worry in life then I feel sorry fir ye!

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Murray = kisses badge
    Griffiths = waves flag/kisses badge/ties scarf tae goalpost
    Cummings = did the 5-1 gesture.

Who actually cares? Seriously. Get some perspective.

If that's yer biggest worry in life then I feel sorry fir ye!
    And yet only one of them (incidentally the one that never signed permanently with us) is adored.

I don’t think anyone sees it as a big worry. But the OP is perfectly entitled to raise it as a talking point. 90% of the threads on here are pretty trivial/light-hearted or unimportant.

It’s only a game, and we’re only talking about the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    And yet only one of them (incidentally the one that never signed permanently with us) is adored.

I don’t think anyone sees it as a big worry. But the OP is perfectly entitled to raise it as a talking point. 90% of the threads on here are pretty trivial/light-hearted or unimportant.

It’s only a game, and we’re only talking about the game.

Most Hibs fans prefer Celtic to Rangers. Time I just admit and accept that. Personally I can’t stand them both. I took an Ireland flag to Ibrox the week before the 2001 Scottish cup final. You kind of grow out that wind up ***** though.

Who cares

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    But you're wasting your breath. Some posters on here won't accept that there's two sides to the bigot arse. It only works because they keep feeding off each other. But pointing that out makes you a hun

If you can't see the problem then you're part of it.
    I've read this thread with interest, but given recent history, I'm electing to say nothing on the actual matter at hand.

But THANK YOU for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    2 green teams winning at the weekend over their rivals shocker 😎😁
    Griffiths celebrations at both matches.
    Unhappy Sevco and Jambo supporters.
    Carlsberg weekend!
    Best weekend!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Best weekend!
    Saturday’s rugby could’ve went better though

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Saturday’s rugby could’ve went better though
    Whisper that quietly 😉

Union Jack obv much more favourable tae you for whatever reason. Huns were **** to Hibs fans in 70/80/90s & let away wi it by “scottish polis “ eg brothers. Proud of being bullies backed by useless Scottish ineffectual biased polis! Many sore faces while under 16 weRing Hibs colours at hands of huns. They were something to behold, if you were unfortunate enough in the 70s or 80s! Bloodbath! Usually yours!
    And that's why I'd suggest a lot of Hibbies are more anti Hun than anti Celtic.

Been to games with guys back (very far back) in the day with no Irish connections who took Trics to wind up full fat and diet huns. One was the son of a COS minister and another had been to Stewart Melville school

If sparky wants to wind up Der Hun , crack on. Don't buy this two cheeks cliche. Seems some people on here have very short memories. Sevco and their media lackeys post SCF antics mean they are the institution I dislike possibly even more than Hertz. That doesn't mean I've any affinity or liking for Celtic.

Until recently there was a big Tricolour in the window of a house on the border between the Bingham and Niddrie suburbs. I wondered where it had gone..if you took it sparky someone's missing their curtains !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    And that's why I'd suggest a lot of Hibbies are more anti Hun than anti Celtic.

Been to games with guys back (very far back) in the day with no Irish connections who took Trics to wind up full fat and diet huns. One was the son of a COS minister and another had been to Stewart Melville school

If sparky wants to wind up Der Hun , crack on. Don't buy this two cheeks cliche. Seems some people on here have very short memories. Sevco and their media lackeys post SCF antics mean they are the institution I dislike possibly even more than Hertz. That doesn't mean I've any affinity or liking for Celtic.

Until recently there was a big Tricolour in the window of a house on the border between the Bingham and Niddrie suburbs. I wondered where it had gone..if you took it sparky someone's missing their curtains !
    Leigh is from Magdalene/Christians Got chucked out of Porty and went to Leith. Never ever liked Celtic prior to joining them. Ireland flag is for their fans that’s about it.

Would you say the same if it was Ian Murray waving a huge Union Jack in amongst the Rangers fans? Rangers are proud of their British roots after all.

You have just proved that you really don't know him at all.

He's a died in the wool Scottish Nationalist

Fitba player playin up to his current team shocker!?! You one ae the never accept NL 100% because of his background brigade tae?
    Where does this brigade of Hibs fans exist? Your imagination?

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

****ing Sassanach!