Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Carragher

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was 9 points now?
    I'll split the difference with you.

It's 6 points and £200.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    No it’s not, it’s 6 points and £200 minimum fine but I’m sure they could add on some other charges
    Shirley goading's a criminal offence in England too?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Shirley goading's a criminal offence in England too?
    Only if it involves sheep or robins.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

In 2013, Enfield council in London introduced a by-law to make spitting in public illegal.

Councillor Chris Bond, who led the campaign to introduce it, described spitting as "utterly foul" and the "sort of disgusting behaviour" that "shouldn't be tolerated in a civilised society".

"It is my belief that most people find spitting a wholly obnoxious, filthy habit which can spread germs and causes health issues," he said.

"Banning spitting in Enfield will help combat tuberculosis which has been on the increase in London."

In the same year, Waltham Forest Council in north-east London introduced fixed penalty notices of £80 for those caught spitting. It classified spitting as "waste", which meant that creating a by-law was not necessary and it successfully took two men to court.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It still amazes me how many people you see using a phone while driving.
    That doesn't amaze. What did amaze me was the number of ****tards that were doing it trying to navigate the snow. Absolute wallopers

Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    I think I'd rather someone punched me than spat on me. Totally disgusting and he should rightly be done for everything that can be thrown at him.

Totally agree with some other folks point that people seem to think its ok to abuse footballers and that tney should just stand and take it. That's not on either. While I'll never forgive spitting, you shouldnt start something like that and expect no consequences.

Its like when a footballer reacts to chants from the crowd and everyone suddenly starts greetin about it, childish.

what if they punched you and broke your jaw , still prefer it?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    spit the dug.jpg

Jamie's new job.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Just watched it on sky news, Ffs you would think he had killed someone, spitting is a cowardly thing to do but I'm pretty sure there was more to this than what we see on that video, when he was asked why he done it he hesitated a bit before say it was a few seconds of madness, I'm sure the goading had went on before the tube driving decided to get his phone and start videoing things, ffs even his daughter asks her dad to stop it but he doesn't, if the media are going to have a go at JC then surely they have to mention the bam driving his car and using a phone at the same time, after all he was committing a crime and could have run in to the back of a car and caused a accident, JC said he had spoke to the family and I'm sure things have been agreed with a brown envelope with dodgy dad and with JC apologising a 100 times today that he will keep his job.
    This.

Ridiculous as JC's reaction was, I did wonder if the Dad had been needling him prior to starting to film the incident. It was more the daughter's reaction to her Dad that made me think this. I'd say she sounded more embarrassed by her Dad's behaviour than upset by JC's. The Dad didn't even sound that concerned for his daughter. Most right-minded people would be raging, but he was like JC just spat on my daughter, as if talking to camera, instead of comforting his daughter. That said I can't see how Sky can continue to employ him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    The Dad didn't even sound that concerned for his daughter. Most right-minded people would be raging, but he was like JC just spat on my daughter, as if talking to camera, instead of comforting his daughter.
    You could almost hear him thinking, hmm, Jamie Carragher spat on my daughter, what can I make out of this?

I'm horrified at some of the comments from some on here, but also so glad that I live in a country where spitting on anyone is never, never acceptable full stop.

You could almost hear him thinking, hmm, Jamie Carragher spat on my daughter, what can I make out of this?

Exactly.

Yep very disappointing from the father as well. He seems to see the incident as a money making exercise rather than having any genuine concern for his daughter who has just been subjected to a disgraceful spitting incident.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Jamie Carragher has ****ed up as simple as that. Deserves whatever punishment he gets.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    This.

Ridiculous as JC's reaction was, I did wonder if the Dad had been needling him prior to starting to film the incident. It was more the daughter's reaction to her Dad that made me think this. I'd say she sounded more embarrassed by her Dad's behaviour than upset by JC's. The Dad didn't even sound that concerned for his daughter. Most right-minded people would be raging, but he was like JC just spat on my daughter, as if talking to camera, instead of comforting his daughter. That said I can't see how Sky can continue to employ him now.
    While I think what he did was disgusting and indefensible, I had thought that maybe he was 'set up' and that the Dad may have said some vile things before switching on his record button and coming out with the 'mild banter'.
    I saw JC being interviewed on Sky tonight. He had the opportunity to say that that was what happened - and if he had, I would have given him a little slack - but he didn't. From that, I have to assume that it was similar mild banter that wound him up.
    Poor show by Carragher however, it must be annoying getting verbally abused when you're out and about (eg Scott Sinclair).

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Was the video posted on the internet first or come straight from The Mirror.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Was the video posted on the internet first or come straight from The Mirror.
    I’m pretty sure he sold it straight to the Mirror who broke the story late last night.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...olice-in-lorry

More than 30 drivers have been stopped by Kent Police after being filmed while using their mobile phones at the wheel.

14 seconds in beggars belief, ******* astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    While I think what he did was disgusting and indefensible, I had thought that maybe he was 'set up' and that the Dad may have said some vile things before switching on his record button and coming out with the 'mild banter'.
    I saw JC being interviewed on Sky tonight. He had the opportunity to say that that was what happened - and if he had, I would have given him a little slack - but he didn't. From that, I have to assume that it was similar mild banter that wound him up.
    Poor show by Carragher however, it must be annoying getting verbally abused when you're out and about (eg Scott Sinclair).
    I hear what you're saying. I watched the interview too, and thought if there was more goading that we've not seen in the video, it wouldn't help JC's position to go into it, as it would look like he was trying to justify his reaction. Which he can't cos as you say it was disgusting and indefensible and there is no justification for it.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Blaming the guy for winding Caragher up and criticising him for using his phone is missing the point, imo.

If it had been Hibs fans and Levein there would be no sympathy like that.

If Caragher didn't like what was being said to him, he should have wound his window up.

He clearly regrets what he did, but I very much doubt he'd have apologised if it hadn't been filmed and publicised. I don't think he can keep his job. His credibility is lost.
    Exactly. It took me a while to realise that the best way to wind up a wind up merchant is to ignore them. If I'm talking to someone and they're talking pish or on the wind-up I just walk away or start talking to someone else whilst they're in mid sentence. The look on their faces and their reaction is a joy to behold. Life's too short to put up with idiots.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    spit the dug.jpg

Jamie's new job.
    : I'm having that.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    what if they punched you and broke your jaw , still prefer it?
    What if they spat on me and gave me Hep C - or worse? Still prefer a gob?

I'd rather have neither thanks but yeah, someone's unwanted bodily excretions on me... each to their own like, but that's worse for me than the normal sort of slap you see people in street fights getting.

I don't get why some people are getting so defensive about this, I have no side to back in this fight, I don't watch Sky Sports and I don't follow English football, I barely know who Jamie Carragher is - I certainly wouldn't recognise him if I passed him in the street - except that I would now because I'd know he was the one gobbing on everyone.

If it's about loyalty to a team or player then fine... but it's indefensible to me. I wouldn't tolerate a Hibs player doing it, if a hertz player did it I'd want him strung up.

Flinging bodily excretions at people you don't like is something Chimpanzees do, it's animal behaviour, there is no defence.

Doesn't make the idiot with the phone innocent but two wrongs don't make a right - and the wee girl didn't have much choice in the whole situation.

Disgusting behaviour and he needs punished for that, but the level of outrage in the media is completely over the top. He hurt a few feelings, killed and injured no one. I hope Sky are balanced in their approach, suspend him, and then reinstate him at some future date. Sacking him would be far too harsh a punishment.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    What if they spat on me and gave me Hep C - or worse? Still prefer a gob?

I'd rather have neither thanks but yeah, someone's unwanted bodily excretions on me... each to their own like, but that's worse for me than the normal sort of slap you see people in street fights getting.

I don't get why some people are getting so defensive about this, I have no side to back in this fight, I don't watch Sky Sports and I don't follow English football, I barely know who Jamie Carragher is - I certainly wouldn't recognise him if I passed him in the street - except that I would now because I'd know he was the one gobbing on everyone.

If it's about loyalty to a team or player then fine... but it's indefensible to me. I wouldn't tolerate a Hibs player doing it, if a hertz player did it I'd want him strung up.

Flinging bodily excretions at people you don't like is something Chimpanzees do, it's animal behaviour, there is no defence.

Doesn't make the idiot with the phone innocent but two wrongs don't make a right - and the wee girl didn't have much choice in the whole situation.
    I'm with you on this.

Bin him he ‘s a slaver

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I guess the Sunday papers might give us an insight, assuming he's decided on which agent to go with by then.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    He’s f*****!

Spitting is the lowest of the low. Whatever apology is made is simply inexcusable.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    spit the dug.jpg

Jamie's new job.
    LOL moment.

Never doubted that the doctor football and Father Dougal partnership would be reformed for the greater good of football as a whole, but not this quick.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    No it’s not, it’s 6 points and £200 minimum fine but I’m sure they could add on some other charges, with a bit of luck he might even have 6 points already
    Could the pair of them not also be charged with dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention? I seem to remember when the mobile phone laws were introduced the government got criticised for wasting time as there were already laws that could be enforced to cover this.

I reckon he will keep his job. That interview on Sky News will have been a condition of him keeping it. He will be suspended for a short while so Sky appear to have done something then he will be allowed back is my guess.

Disgusting thing to do though and for once I agree with Joey Barton. Just keep your window up and try to ignore it. The dad doesn’t come out of this well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Blaming the guy for winding Caragher up and criticising him for using his phone is missing the point, imo.

If it had been Hibs fans and Levein there would be no sympathy like that.

If Caragher didn't like what was being said to him, he should have wound his window up.

He clearly regrets what he did, but I very much doubt he'd have apologised if it hadn't been filmed and publicised. I don't think he can keep his job. His credibility is lost.
    Now there's an idea. I'm getting myself down to the Oriam. "Oi Craig! 2-0 mate, 2-0. Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus...."

On second thoughts I'd better not. Wouldn't want to get him sacked. I'd get a lifetime ban from Easter Rd.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Disgusting fowl behaviour from Carragher, shameful. Can’t believe some are making excuses for him. Yes the driver of the other car is a bit of a bell end but doesn’t excuse JC’s behaviour one bit. I Probably would have reminded Craig Levein of the score if I saw him leaving ER on Friday night, but wouldn’t of recorded it on my phone whilst driving! Also don’t think Craig Levein would spit on me