hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Carragher

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m pretty sure he sold it straight to the Mirror who broke the story late last night.
    What a f***ing weasel, wonder if this was before or after JC had spoke to the family, JC will have to suffer what consequences comes his way but I hope the polis are having a word with the dad, he will eventually get named as someone will recognise his voice and his life will be hell and the same for his poor daughter who he obviously doesn't give a toss about.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Disgusting fowl behaviour from Carragher, shameful. Can’t believe some are making excuses for him. Yes the driver of the other car is a bit of a bell end but doesn’t excuse JC’s behaviour one bit. I Probably would have reminded Craig Levein of the score if I saw him leaving ER on Friday night, but wouldn’t of recorded it on my phone whilst driving! Also don’t think Craig Levein would spit on me
    Correct - he’d smash you on the jaw when you least expected it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What a f***ing weasel, wonder if this was before or after JC had spoke to the family, JC will have to suffer what consequences comes his way but I hope the polis are having a word with the dad, he will eventually get named as someone will recognise his voice and his life will be hell and the same for his poor daughter who he obviously doesn't give a toss about.
    If Carragher hadn't spat, he would have had a wee video of him teasing a Liverpool supporting TV pundit to show his pals.

But Carragher did spit and he got caught.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Could the pair of them not also be charged with dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention? I seem to remember when the mobile phone laws were introduced the government got criticised for wasting time as there were already laws that could be enforced to cover this.

I reckon he will keep his job. That interview on Sky News will have been a condition of him keeping it. He will be suspended for a short while so Sky appear to have done something then he will be allowed back is my guess.

Disgusting thing to do though and for once I agree with Joey Barton. Just keep your window up and try to ignore it. The dad doesn’t come out of this well either.
    I thought it was hilarious that Joey Barton was criticising someone else for their behaviour.

This from someone who has;

Stubbed a cigarette in a team mate's eye
    Been sent home from a pre-season tour for assaulting a child
    Assaulted a team mate during training, leaving them with a suspected detached retina
    Assaulting two members of the public on a night out and being sentenced to a prison term
    Punched an opponent in the chest during a game
    Headbutted an opponent
    Elbowed an opponent, kicked another one on the back of the knee and attempted to headbutt a third player, all in the same incident
    Took aim at an opponent's groin area during a match

I don't think Barton's in any position to judge anyone else's character or lack of discipline.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I thought it was hilarious that Joey Barton was criticising someone else for their behaviour.

Assaulted a team mate during training, leaving them with a suspected detached retina
    Assaulting two members of the public on a night out and being sentenced to a prison term
    Headbutted an opponent
    Elbowed an opponent, kicked another one on the back of the knee and attempted to headbutt a third player, all in the same incident

I don't think Barton's in any position to judge anyone else's character or lack of discipline.
    That wasn't lost on me either TBF.

Was the guy fimling himself goading Carragher also driving the car at the same time?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Headbutted an opponent

Okay, but to be fair, he never spat at anyone.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    There's a similar thread on 12pointsback that is pretty much supporting Carragher with a couple of them saying they'd have spat on him too. Classy stuff.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Disgusting fowl behaviour from Carragher, shameful. Can’t believe some are making excuses for him. Yes the driver of the other car is a bit of a bell end but doesn’t excuse JC’s behaviour one bit. I Probably would have reminded Craig Levein of the score if I saw him leaving ER on Friday night, but wouldn’t of recorded it on my phone whilst driving! Also don’t think Craig Levein would spit on me
    A chicken he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    There's a similar thread on 12pointsback that is pretty much supporting Carragher with a couple of them saying they'd have spat on him too. Classy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    do you have any stats on people getting killed because of a mobile phone being used by a driver....or people getting killed by spit ?
    Do you have the stats on the number of people who use mobiles while driving vs number of people killed through someone using a phone? I suspect it's an absolutely tiny percentage.

You're taking a minor driving offence to the absolute extreme. It is no different to equating the assault (via spitting) with murder, because that's the extreme version of assault.

This guy was stuck in traffic that was barely moving by the looks of things, using his phone camera during that period is hardly very likely to have caused any kind of serious accident FFS. Illegal all the same, but lets keep it in perspective.

All for perspective on Carragher too, but it was a crazy reaction. All in all, it's a low level assault though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    It depends on the consequences of their stupidity. For example a mobile phone using bellend who kills someone will face death by reckless driving or similar. I've encountered **** who have.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    That is quite a sentence.

All those comparing punches with spitting, that wasn't a choice available to Carragher. I also don't think he was spitting specifically at a little girl, he was obviously just spitting at the car in frustration.

Either way it looked disgusting and I cant see him continuing in any high profile media job just now. The few times I have watched him I've never been able to make out a word of it anyway so maybe its for the best.

Cara meant nutin by it der soft lar.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post

Folk calling for him to lose his job forget the stupid stuff they have done in their lives outside of work! Spitting is poor but to lose his job over it is a bit far!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    Folk calling for him to lose his job forget the stupid stuff they have done in their lives outside of work! Spitting is poor but to lose his job over it is a bit far!
    Not sure it is absolutely disgusting behaviour especially when a kid was involved. No need to get involved at all in his big fancy 4v4, turn the radio up and just blank the guy and drive on.

Disgusting behaviour, even if he was being goaded. His position at Sky must be in danger after this.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nited-14397826
    After seeing video I cant see any way back for him

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post

Good spot!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Moral high ground. Feeling quite smug this morning.

I cancelled my Sky subscription two years ago. Never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmy1875 View Post
    I'm not calling for him to lose his job, I just think that it's inevitable because people will have lost respect for him.

How will he be able to comment on players' behaviour with any credibility.

It's the nature of the act. For example, had he punched the bloke, people would have understood it, but spitting is dirty and cowardly. The fact that there was a 14 year old girl involved compounds it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Moral high ground. Feeling quite smug this morning.

I cancelled my Sky subscription two years ago. Never regretted it.

I can beat that, not had sky in over 10 years. Various card sharing and iptv has been quite enough for me over the years, and i can say i have not missed those bills one little bit.

Left by mutual consent!
    The shame of facing his family will be a lot harder than him losing a job as he’s a multi millionaire. He got caught up in the moment and seems genuinely sorry. Everyone makes mistakes and all that.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Judge Judy says:

Suspension for Carragher, public apology and then return to work chastened. The incident leaves him on a permanent last warning tightrope.

Potential police visit for driver of car for using mobile while driving. He's not just got it to his ear while driving and with his eyes on the road - which would be bad enough - he's holding it and pointing it at Carragher which means he's also having to look at the phone and Carragher to direct the picture instead of looking at the road.

Judge Judy comments:

How horrible to hear the wheels in the dad's mind turning as he realises what he's caught on camera, simultaneously more interested in that over and above any upset caused to his daughter. Utter tool.

Carragher should know better - a lot better. Very stupid and unpleasant to see.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Judge Judy says:

Suspension for Carragher, public apology and then return to work chastened. The incident leaves him on a permanent last warning tightrope.

Potential police visit for driver of car for using mobile while driving. He's not just got it to his ear while driving and with his eyes on the road - which would be bad enough - he's holding it and pointing it at Carragher which means he's also having to look at the phone and Carragher to direct the picture instead of looking at the road.

Judge Judy comments:

How horrible to hear the wheels in the dad's mind turning as he realises what he's caught on camera, simultaneously more interested in that over and above any upset caused to his daughter. Utter tool.

Carragher should know better - a lot better. Very stupid and unpleasant to see.

👍

It'll all be forgotten next week after the media has judged him. His apology will have been accepted and he will have made a donation to some charity for 14 year-old girls who've been spat at or summat.

Meanwhile, more and more kids will be spitting at each other in the belief that this is how to react like a man.

I predict he is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It'll all be forgotten next week after the media has judged him. His apology will have been accepted and he will have made a donation to some charity for 14 year-old girls who've been spat at or summat.

Meanwhile, more and more kids will be spitting at each other in the belief that this is how to react like a man.
    Dumb do as dumb see.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    I predict he is toast.
    No way he can survive this... Talk radio beckons 😀

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    I predict he is toast.