hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: McGeouch

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?
    Is it any coincidence HSL has been actively promoting itself this last week

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He doesn't owe hibs or anyone anything. He's a professional footballer who's had bad luck with injuries. He's played a massive part in getting us up, winning the cup and probably getting us into europe. I'd say he's done more than enough for the club and supporters and if he chooses to go he goes with our best wishes, he's been a joy to watch over the last 4 years.
    Excellent post - totally agree.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I've been reading a newspaper article on Dylan's current situation and for all the good noises he makes about the Club, I get the distinct impression that he's looking for new pastures to further develop his career. And oh aye, a pay increase to boot.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    What if he breaks down again?
    Okay he's been fine this season but there is that question mark over him.
    The related risk factor should be considered in assessing his worth.
    That's true he might but that could be said about anyone. Anyone could pick up a freak injury, I think this season he's proved his fitness. no one plays 100% it's all about managing injuries and niggles

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    He doesn't owe hibs or anyone anything. He's a professional footballer who's had bad luck with injuries. He's played a massive part in getting us up, winning the cup and probably getting us into europe. I'd say he's done more than enough for the club and supporters and if he chooses to go he goes with our best wishes, he's been a joy to watch over the last 4 years.
    Great post

Left by mutual consent!
    We as a club have been very good and patient with DM through all his injuries. It would be nice now he seems to be free of them and playing at the top of his game that he would acknowledge this and sign a deal so we get a fee for him. Maybe that’s just me. He would still go with best wishes if he doesn’t like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    We as a club have been very good and patient with DM through all his injuries. It would be nice now he seems to be free of them and playing at the top of his game that he would acknowledge this and sign a deal so we get a fee for him. Maybe that’s just me. He would still go with best wishes if he doesn’t like.
    We had no choice - he was under contract! And there wouldn't have been a queue of clubs looking to take a chance on him while he was in that injury prone phase. Hopefully Hibs and Dylan will get a deal together to suit both, but I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move if he thinks he can get a better deal.

Mcgeouch or any of the cup winning team for that matter owe Hibs nothing. Without that day we would be nowhere near the position we are in now

Hopefully he signs for another couple of years but if he goes best wishes to him

I would be nice if players like McGinn and McGeouch regardless if they intend to stay or not sign new deals with the club to thank the club for progressing there career. Meaning that if teams want them they need to pay the price for them. I would be disappointed if Dylan left the club in the summer never mind for nothing. But people are right he owes us nothing and i would wish him all the best. I still hope he will stays and i have been critical of Dylan in the past never thought he was consistent enough and never seemed to come under real criticism when he had a bad game maybe that's because my expectations of him was always higher. But this season IMO he has been our best midfielder by a long shot.

I could understand Dylan looking for a move to increase his chances of European football, trophies, or more money. But IMO a move to Aberdeen would only improve his prospects of that in one area and that's the money, provided Hibs upward curve continues of course.

He isn't going to double what Hibs will be offering as he might be able to with a move down south ... I would be very disappointed if we were to lose him to Aberdeen for the sake of a few hundred quid.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    We had no choice - he was under contract! And there wouldn't have been a queue of clubs looking to take a chance on him while he was in that injury prone phase. Hopefully Hibs and Dylan will get a deal together to suit both, but I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move if he thinks he can get a better deal.
    When Dylan was injured, didn't Hibs say he could look for another club?
    I may be wrong mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I could understand Dylan looking for a move to increase his chances of European football, trophies, or more money. But IMO a move to Aberdeen would only improve his prospects of that in one area and that's the money, provided Hibs upward curve continues of course.

He isn't going to double what Hibs will be offering as he might be able to with a move down south ... I would be very disappointed if we were to lose him to Aberdeen for the sake of a few hundred quid.
    We dont know its only a few hundred quid though. Aberdeen's turnover and staff costs would suggest they pay substantially more than we do.

When Dylan was injured, didn't Hibs say he could look for another club?
    I may be wrong mind you.
    Yes, but in the absence of him finding one, it's not like we could've stopped paying him.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Yes, but in the absence of him finding one, it's not like we could've stopped paying him.
    I wasn't meaning it in that sense. I was referring to the suggestion that he should show some loyalty to the club.
    I don't think he has any obligation to, TBH.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    We dont know its only a few hundred quid though. Aberdeen's turnover and staff costs would suggest they pay substantially more than we do.
    You can't deduce that from the accounts. As has been said, their shop and catering are in-house; hence their income, staff numbers and costs are bound to be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I’m confident that the club are doing as much as they can. We’ll be priced out of English 1st Divison and above, they get stupid money down there. Bournemouth in EPL have a lower average attendance than us but will be offering 10-20k a week to their players.
    I think your numbers may a bit out (unbelievably). The last set of accounts produced by the football "powerhouse" known as Watford FC reveal that their wage bill for the year to June 17 was £76m. They also spend another £30m on "other operating expenses". Any player from Scotland that gets the call from a premier league club is going to be getting rich even if they are just a squad player. Unfortunately no one (even Sellick) can compete.

I wasn't meaning it in that sense. I was referring to the suggestion that he should show some loyalty to the club.
    I don't think he has any obligation to, TBH.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    If he does decide to leave, then I would not hold it against him. As others have said, he was a key element of us winning the cup and for that we are forever grateful.

However, I would be disappointed if he left for Aberdeen - just seems like a sideways move, and potentially a downwards move if we continue our ascendancy and they maybe plateau or drop down a bit.

Coaching Staff
    2 things, I doubt very much if he will go to Aberdeen. I doubt very much if Aberdeen is the only club interested in him.
    Lastly the Aberdeen interest seems, to me , to be based on little information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    2 things, I doubt very much if he will go to Aberdeen. I doubt very much if Aberdeen is the only club interested in him.
    Lastly the Aberdeen interest seems, to me , to be based on little information.
    Agree, Aberdeen may pay more but if he wants money he's going west or south, not north

Left by mutual consent!
    I just hope Dylan realises that it makes sense to go with the team that's on the up - us !. And unlike Aberdeen, we never, ever lie down to the 'Old S*um' - plus our support's a damn sight more louder, more inventive and much, much more fun compared to the Sheep's !

Left by mutual consent!
    Dylan will know he needs regular first team games to push his development further. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Aberdeen are linked with every single player in the Scottish market I wouldn't read into that they can't pay any more than we can and a move from Hibernian to Aberdeen would be a total backwards step for him. They also do not have the facilities to help maintain his fitness so I'm pretty sure the Dylan will make the decision that's most appropriate for his fitness and his future ambitions. Joining a club with a run down stadium and a dull support would be such a waste of talent.

Dyla. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.
    I agree with you. However, if DM moved to The Rangers he'd instantly become their best midfielder so doubt he'd be sitting on their bench.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    I agree with you. However, if DM moved to The Rangers he'd instantly become their best midfielder so doubt he'd be sitting on their bench.
    I would agree but different managers mean difffe is by thoughts.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Dylan will know he needs regular first team games to push his development further. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.
    He's 25.

He's a fully developed footballer bang in the middle of his career and he isn't looking to be developed.

If I was him, and I received a lucrative offer from another club, I'd take it. In fact, despite what he says about not chasing the money, I'd be hoping for such an offer.

What's the major gamble signing a 3 or 4 year deal with an English Championship side?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    McGeouch isn't moving to Rangers.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If he signs another long term deal with us I promise I will write to Pep and ask him if he knows about the Scottish Iniesta.

I am sure Pep will then sanction a transfer in summer 2019 that will make Dylan and Hibs very rich indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    He's 25.

He's a fully developed footballer bang in the middle of his career and he isn't looking to be developed.

If I was him, and I received a lucrative offer from another club, I'd take it. In fact, despite what he says about not chasing the money, I'd be hoping for such an offer.

What's the major gamble signing a 3 or 4 year deal with an English Championship side?
    Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you. For those saying he should look at the example of Allan et al, you could flip it and say that example shows that worst case scenario he will make a heap of cash and we'll happily take him back a couple of years down the line. Not saying that is his or anyone's thinking, just suggesting players won't decide against a step up in career based on the perceived success or failure of others.