hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: McGeouch

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy to stay at Hibs according to STV headlines 👍
    I hope so but that's probably STV's interpretation of the above newspaper article.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    2 year contract release clause of £1m double his wages as he’s now proven his fitness. When he’s fit we tick and we tick for him.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I wonder if both Dylan and McGinn might sign on.

They share a flat, so imagine there's been chats.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

If they both sign on I doubt I'll have had a better Thomas Tank.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    STV interview saying we’re playing at Kilmarnock on Friday, think they would get some basics right

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    otherwise SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Get it done Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    If they both sign on I doubt I'll have had a better Thomas Tank.
    Haha and a perm.deal.for Scotty to that and it will be the Tommy tank to end all Tommy tanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

We would have had “John and Dylan have signed up for next year have you?” Chat with season tickets.

Fact is McGinn deserves his move now and he is ready. Dylan we hav looked after and I feel he owes us a year or two for the patience and development and the support. Let’s see if it’s replicated.

Hes said he needs to look after himself and see whats the best deal for him...so basicly if another club offers more money then hes off

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm comfortable that Hibs will offer him the best possible deal that they can. Whether or not he signs that deal is entirely up to him. He needs to do what's best for himself and his family and if he feels that's going elsewhere then so be it.

He would be a massive loss to the club and I would be gutted if he left for free but these things happen.

It would be very difficult to replace someone of his ability but I trust the board and coaching staff to do the best thing for the club.

I sincerely hope that he agrees a new contract though, it's a privilege to watch him when he's on the top of his game and if it wasn't for his injuries, he would have had his Scotland debut at least a year ago.
    If Hibs best is not enough, then we need to let him go ASAP so we can look for a decent replacement. It's all fine and well players playing hardball to get the last penny out of the club but in the end we need players who really want to be at ER for the right reasons. There have been plenty of examples of guys chasing the extra few quid who probably wished they'd stayed where they were. Hibernian FC must be one of the best clubs to be at this present time with fans, players, management, facilities and performances all going well. That's a good place to do your work.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    If Hibs best is not enough, then we need to let him go ASAP so we can look for a decent replacement. It's all fine and well players playing hardball to get the last penny out of the club but in the end we need players who really want to be at ER for the right reasons. There have been plenty of examples of guys chasing the extra few quid who probably wished they'd stayed where they were. Hibernian FC must be one of the best clubs to be at this present time with fans, players, management, facilities and performances all going well. That's a good place to do your work.
    Spot on. While money is the main thing to some people, it's not everything. How many have moved for the quick buck and regretted it?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Correct
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I have no problem with him leaving. What would be nice is if he negotiated a sign on at his new club and gave proceeds to Hibs youth setup or something like that.

Hate when players leave for nothing. He absolutely needs to do what is best for him but Hibs have at least helped him get his career back on track and I don’t think that should be forgotten. It would maintain his legacy at the club (even further it).

If we all get STs (if we can) and back HSL we will get an able replacement. Players leave and teams evolve. Enjoy them while they are here. Hibs will surely be planning for the worst scenario in the summer.

I personally think McGeouch and McGinn will be away in the summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Spot on. While money is the main thing to some people, it's not everything. How many have moved for the quick buck and regretted it?
    Dylan would only need to ask around the dressing room.

@hibs.net private member
    Headline news on Scotland Today - he wants to stay at Hibs.

At a price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    ‘Happy to stay at Hibs’, perhaps, but surely qualified by ‘if the money is good enough’. The fact that he hasn’t agreed a deal so far suggests that what we are offering might not be enough. I don’t know how much the Dempster factor allows for ‘pushing the boat out’, compared with the immovable rock of the Petrie leadership. I think we should be bending over backwards to keep him but I won’t hold my breath.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ‘Happy to stay at Hibs’, perhaps, but surely qualified by ‘if the money is good enough’. The fact that he hasn’t agreed a deal so far suggests that what we are offering might not be enough. I don’t know how much the Dempster factor allows for ‘pushing the boat out’, compared with the immovable rock of the Petrie leadership. I think we should be bending over backwards to keep him but I won’t hold my breath.
    I’m confident that the club are doing as much as they can. We’ll be priced out of English 1st Divison and above, they get stupid money down there. Bournemouth in EPL have a lower average attendance than us but will be offering 10-20k a week to their players.

@hibs.net private member
    After pushing the boat out for Stokes and getting their fingers burnt, its hardly a surprise the board/LD/Petrie are weary of offering too much, especially to a player who looks to have shaken injury concerns, but could potentially end up on the sidelines for long periods of time.

There is a ten minute interview up on the Hibs Facebook page if anyone is interested.
    Haven’t got a link handy, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Sorry folks, just realised I'm watching STV +1. Noticed it's already been discussed. I'm feeling like a bit of a Craig Levein now.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Just upped my contribution based on this post. I’m sure my extra few quid won’t make a big difference but every little helps
    I signed up the other night and looks like a few more folk on here have as well. HSL is our chance to do something that directly influences what we see on the pitch. Come on folks.

Qualifying for Europe will help keep them at Easter road

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe just maybe he’s waiting to make sure we get into Europe. X amount of European games on his CV will make him more attractive to English/ foreign suitors. Which makes me think he’ll sign a two year extension and go if an exceptable amount is offered for him.

GGTTH

Good interview here with Dylan, discussing his future amongst other things, sounds like we still have a decent chance in keeping him, says he won't just be chasing the money.

https://www.facebook.com/hibernianfo...7651438000578/

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I’m confident that the club are doing as much as they can. We’ll be priced out of English 1st Divison and above, they get stupid money down there. Bournemouth in EPL have a lower average attendance than us but will be offering 10-20k a week to their players.
    Jermain Defoe gets £130k per week!

@hibs.net private member
    Through thick and thin I have said to my friends that McGeouch is the best footballer at Easter Road.

What is in our favour is that he has two examples playing beside him of how to go about your career.

For the record I think allan is the most talented.

You come to hibs and salvage your career like Allan. You leave hibs for bigger money but end up back here.

McGinn makes his name at St Mirren and takes the unexpected but smaller step to hibs. Proves his worth, earns a cap and is quoted at £5 million.

This is Dylan’s first full season. His brilliance and talent is undoubted. Do a Stubbs and go to the championship and take the risk.

Do a McGinn, give us one more season and you will never look back

No brained for me. Another year, show the world what you can do in the premiership-in a team who will probably qualify for Europe, and then earn yourself the move.

Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Qualifying for Europe will help keep them at Easter road
    I think this current team will be quite well suited to European football so we may have a surprisingly good run.
    Maybe SJM and Dylan think that as well. Keeping our midfield 3 is not out of the question.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Keeping Dylan on would be as good as making a new signing to me but i do wish he would take the ball into the box and have a pop sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    We would have had “John and Dylan have signed up for next year have you?” Chat with season tickets.

Fact is McGinn deserves his move now and he is ready. Dylan we hav looked after and I feel he owes us a year or two for the patience and development and the support. Let’s see if it’s replicated.

He doesn't owe hibs or anyone anything. He's a professional footballer who's had bad luck with injuries. He's played a massive part in getting us up, winning the cup and probably getting us into europe. I'd say he's done more than enough for the club and supporters and if he chooses to go he goes with our best wishes, he's been a joy to watch over the last 4 years.