hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McGeouch

@hibs.net private member

McGeouch

Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?
    I don't know, but I'd make a weekly contribution to the amount required!!!

If he ends up at Aberdeen I would absolutely gutted. And amazed. If he goes down south, fair play to him.

@hibs.net private member
    If we finish well this year and get into the Europa Qualifiers then i can't see him going to another Scottish club.... but if a championship side or even dare i say it, premiership side down south come in for him then fair play to him.

@hibs.net private member
    Also would be a bit miffed if he ends up at Aberdeen. I know they have a guy putting a bit money in but with the amount of fans we have each week putting in £'s I'd be a bit annoyed.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    I reckon it's more to do with ambition than money. If we finish 2nd i reckon he'll definitely sign on again. 3rd and we'll see. He's 25 now and probably wants to test himself, so playing in europe could be a very major factor IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    I reckon it's more to do with ambition than money. If we finish 2nd i reckon he'll definitely sign on again. 3rd and we'll see. He's 25 now and probably wants to test himself, so playing in europe could be a very major factor IMO.
    Maybe so but he surely can’t see Aberdeen as a step up, mental and disappointing if he does.

Didn't think he'd feature in too many games this season, let alone be the outstanding midfielder in many games. Hope we can find a way of getting him to stay but feat he'll be of ski in the summer, along with McGinn.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Heard on Friday he was more than likely going to Aberdeen.Just hope its unfounded and we persuade him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    I don't know, but I'd make a weekly contribution to the amount required!!!

If he ends up at Aberdeen I would absolutely gutted. And amazed. If he goes down south, fair play to him.
    You’d really be amazed if a professional footballer went to the club which offered him the most money?Or is it Aberdeen offering more money than us that is amazing?

He needs to stay.

Most likely it is us, Aberdeen or some team near the bottom of the English championship.

Aberdeen will offer slightly more money I’d imagine, but he would be living in Aberdeen...

I imagine a lot will depend on what Scott Allan decides. Both get on really well.

I imagine the thing with allan joining is Mcgeouch would want the same wage as him.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He needs to stay.

Most likely it is us, Aberdeen or some team near the bottom of the English championship.

Aberdeen will offer slightly more money I’d imagine, but he would be living in Aberdeen...

I imagine a lot will depend on what Scott Allan decides. Both get on really well.

I imagine the thing with allan joining is Mcgeouch would want the same wage as him.

Which is fair enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    We really need to push the boat out and make sure he stays!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Maybe so but he surely can’t see Aberdeen as a step up, mental and disappointing if he does.
    Not a step up in footballing terms (at the moment) but Aberdeen will be making a big move for him I think. They need to replace McLean and most likely Christie and are known to pay some big wages.

He’d be a huge signing for them. Gets one over on us and gets them a better player than the ones he’d be replacing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not a step up in footballing terms (at the moment) but Aberdeen will be making a big move for him I think. They need to replace McLean and most likely Christie and are known to pay some big wages.

He’d be a huge signing for them. Gets one over on us and gets them a better player than the ones he’d be replacing.
    Well it’s now up to Hibs to show where the huge increase in support and season ticket money is going by making sure Aberdeen and their ramshackle stadium don’t seem a better bet. Hibs can’t allow Aberdeen get him!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Just upped my contribution based on this post. I’m sure my extra few quid won’t make a big difference but every little helps

Every player has their price and worth, if McGeouch wants more than hibs believe he is worth then so be it.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not one for club statements or explanations for day-to-day decision but if we lost out on McGeough or say Allan to a genuine domestic rival (excluding the old firm) then someone from the club will need to pop round and sit down with a cuppa and explain to me why.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Heard on Friday he was more than likely going to Aberdeen.Just hope its unfounded and we persuade him to stay.
    Funny enough. I heard the opposite

Probably equally unfounded but none of us really know

I’m sure he enjoys it here and he knows how much the fans like him

Fingers crossed

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    If he goes, he goes. He's one of my fav players for sure, however someone will replace him.
    How much are we missing Stokes/Fyvie/Hundog/etc?

Bit naughty if he goes to Aberdeen isn’t exactly a step up is it?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Bit naughty if he goes to Aberdeen isn’t exactly a step up is it?

would show a lack of ambition sign a 3 year extension at ER and continue with the good performances and he can get his big pay day in 12/18 months

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Who’s Dylan’s agent?

@hibs.net private member
    If he is goes down to England I'd be disappointed but understand given he'd probably triple his salary.

Going up to Aberdeen for a couple hundred quid or whatever would be a real blow. I know we have a wage structure but if he genuinely wants to stay then we must make it happen.

Simply can't imagine why he'd go to Aberdeen

If he wants a wage increase I'm sure he can find a club down south

Dylan is getting his first Scotland call up tomorrow I wonder if that will have any bearings on contract negotiations

Promising Youngster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doogz97
    Really hope that if he does decide to leave that it’s to go down south. If Lennon/Hibs were serious about the ambition and challenging the ugly sisters then we can’t afford to let Aberdeen cherry pick one of our best and most influential players. They surely can’t be offering that much more than what we can? Imagine we kept the midfield three for another year or so... doubtful though I can see 1/2 definitely moving on unfortunately.

A deluded Kickbacker at work claimed that they were making him an offer, as well as bidding for Allan...literally laughed in his face.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    A deluded Kickbacker at work claimed that they were making him an offer, as well as bidding for Allan...literally laughed in his face.
    Don't worry about it - with the 'Clutching-at-straws' levels over on 'Throw-backs' reaching heights never seen before (when they started cheating in the early 80's, online fan-sites didn't exist so there's no records!) all it takes is one of them to thumb a post onto JKB and it becomes hearsay - 2 and it becomes fact - 3 and it's set in stone - it's the Jambos very own virtual 'Wishing-well' !!

'Reality' NEVER comes into the Jambo-domain so relax !!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    If he goes, he goes. He's one of my fav players for sure, however someone will replace him.
    How much are we missing Stokes/Fyvie/Hundog/etc?
    Indeed. As the saying goes, "the king is dead,long live the king"......