hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: McGeouch

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This. It’s a no brainer for a footballer to choose Hibs over Aberdeen, or at least should be. And that’s not with the green specs on either! You’ve highlighted some of the key points and they’re very significant.
    I would say that’s the definition of green-tinted specs. You’re only highlighting the areas in which we excel and conveniently ignoring Aberdeen’s strengths.

Aberdeen are more successful in recent times, pay more, and have a large financial backing which bodes well for their future. Their crowds aren’t great at the moment but they’ve shown in the past that they are capable of drawing large crowds. He’s been at Hibs for quite a while now, and yeah I think Edinburgh is an objectively nicer city, but maybe he fancies a change.

I don’t think there’s much between the 2 if I’m being completely honest. Hope we offer him as much as we feasibly can to hold on to him though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Cilla Black View Post
    If he had agreed to join The Rangers they would have leaked it to the press by now in an effort to cause us problems and impress their fans.
    Possibly, that would certainly be their style.

But would they really want to make life unnecessarily difficult for a potentially excellent value new signing who would still have the option to tell them to stuff it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Possibly, that would certainly be their style.

But would they really want to make life unnecessarily difficult for a potentially excellent value new signing who would still have the option to tell them to stuff it?
    If he signs a pca only club can cancel.

No way Dylan makes the Scotland squad the day after huns get pumped and it’s not leaked if he’s off to them as a good news story. They only care about them, nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    If he signs a pca only club can cancel.

No way Dylan makes the Scotland squad the day after huns get pumped and it’s not leaked if he’s off to them as a good news story. They only care about them, nobody else.
    Is that right?

I thought PCA's were one of those types of "not worth the paper they are written on" type of agreements that are a gentleman's agreement but little more.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    We dont know its marginally more money though. Looking at the respective clubs current turnover its not beyond the realms of possibility they could be offering extra £1000 - £1500 a week , thats an extra £150,000 - £230,000 over a 3 year contract.
    Is their turnover likely to be any more than ours from now on?

While we were in the championship, yes, but can't be much in it now.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Last year Aberdeen made a profit of £533k on a turnover of £15.2m, Hibs made a loss of £277k on a turnover of £7.7m. These figures will probably be closer this year, but Aberdeen are currently able to pay substantially more than us, particularly for a key player.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Last year Aberdeen made a profit of £533k on a turnover of £15.2m, Hibs made a loss of £277k on a turnover of £7.7m. These figures will probably be closer this year, but Aberdeen are currently able to pay substantially more than us, particularly for a key player.
    Aberdeen’s turnover being 50% bigger than the yams on much smaller crowds in the same league is a mystery to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Aberdeen’s turnover being 50% bigger than the yams on much smaller crowds in the same league is a mystery to me.

Commercial income I believe!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Indeed. As the saying goes, "the king is dead,long live the king"......
    As I've said before, every one of the players on Hibs books will leave. The only question is when.
    Throughout the years, many players have come and gone (some "irreplacable") .... yet here we are, still alive and kicking.

@hibs.net private member
    The boys in the office up here believe all is not well behind the scenes. The fans have been putting round a poll that if Aberdeen go out the cup then McInness had to go.
    Some openly admit the style is horrific to watch and question the signings

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Is that right?

I thought PCA's were one of those types of "not worth the paper they are written on" type of agreements that are a gentleman's agreement but little more.
    Club can cancel it player commits.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Me too. There’s no way they are getting that much more in commercial income than Hibs and Hearts

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Agree it’s baffling. Does their shirt sponsor pay 10x the going rate?

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Had a look at the accounts...

Their £15m turnover is made up of: £5m Gate Recipts, £1.5m Sponsorship/Advertising, £3m Broadcasting, £4.5m Commercial, £1m UEFA Prize Money.

I can't see a breakdown of our £7.7m turnover.

For expenses, they spend: £8m Staff Costs, £3m Cost of Sales (not sure what exactly this is but presumably falls within Other for us), £4m Other Operating expenses

Ours is: £4.5m Staff Costs, £3m Other Operating expenses

So fair to say they do pay a lot more than us, and even after our good year this year we won't be close to paying the same in the short term.

Goes to show how good a job the football staff at Hibs are doing given relative limited resources.

First Team Regular
    Aberdeen pay on average £900pw more than us . They brought on board a wealthy exiled dons fan from USA , and a couple from bridge on don . Who both put up considerable sums of cash to be invited on to the board .

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Had a look at the accounts...

Their £15m turnover is made up of: £5m Gate Recipts, £1.5m Sponsorship/Advertising, £3m Broadcasting, £4.5m Commercial, £1m UEFA Prize Money.

I can't see a breakdown of our £7.7m turnover.

For expenses, they spend: £8m Staff Costs, £3m Cost of Sales (not sure what exactly this is but presumably falls within Other for us), £4m Other Operating expenses

Ours is: £4.5m Staff Costs, £3m Other Operating expenses

So fair to say they do pay a lot more than us, and even after our good year this year we won't be close to paying the same in the short term.

Goes to show how good a job the football staff at Hibs are doing given relative limited resources.
    Do you know if they outsource their catering? If they don't, that will account for a large part of the excess. It would also account for the much larger payroll costs, and the Cost of Sales.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    Aberdeen pay on average £900pw more than us . They brought on board a wealthy exiled dons fan from USA , and a couple from bridge on don . Who both put up considerable sums of cash to be invited on to the board .
    Yip. Hence the reason i was wanting them pumped last night.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Club can cancel it player commits.
    Pre contract agreements are not binding in legal terms, that means neither party in the agreement is bound to honour. I do not think it has been tested in court. I would add that this is in general, there can be specific clauses in a PCA that bars one or both parties from pulling out or changing something or disclosing information within the agreement, but I can't think of any sane player that would sign a PCA that allows only the club to pull the plug.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Yip. Hence the reason i was wanting them pumped last night.
    I understand the thinking, but I don't share it. "Make them sheite so we can beat them."

That's a race to the bottom.

I'd prefer that Hibs get the opportunities to be as good as possible rather than other teams were crap.

Getting into Europe gives us an opportunity to do that, as challenging as it may be to succeed.

It may also be the convincer needed to keep some of our better players. Killie progressing would have meant that we wouldn't be certain of Europe until 4.40 on 19 May by which stage players who are currently having doubts may have made their decisions.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Pre contract agreements are not binding in legal terms, that means neither party in the agreement is bound to honour. I do not think it has been tested in court. I would add that this is in general, there can be specific clauses in a PCA that bars one or both parties from pulling out or changing something or disclosing information within the agreement, but I can't think of any sane player that would sign a PCA that allows only the club to pull the plug.
    Is there any examples at all of a player cancelling a PCA without the club he was due to joins blessing?

Is there any examples at all of a player cancelling a PCA without the club he was due to joins blessing?
    Was there not a Ross County player who tried to cancel his pre contract with St Johnstone? Sure he said he wife had a change of heart about moving and it got abit messy between the player and club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Was there not a Ross County player who tried to cancel his pre contract with St Johnstone? Sure he said he wife had a change of heart about moving and it got abit messy between the player and club.
    Richard Britain I think it was. Good call. It cost County money for art Johnstone to transfer him back though as he was technically a Saints player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by FifeHibs View Post
    The boys in the office up here believe all is not well behind the scenes. The fans have been putting round a poll that if Aberdeen go out the cup then McInness had to go.
    Some openly admit the style is horrific to watch and question the signings
    Heard this as well. They do have the odd game where they're on fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Do you know if they outsource their catering? If they don't, that will account for a large part of the excess. It would also account for the much larger payroll costs, and the Cost of Sales.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    I think that they do catering and retail operations "in-house" whereas we outsource both. I wonder if there is any way of finding out how much turnover the Hibs shop does, can people access the accounts of the people who run it? That might help us to compare where the differences between Aberdeen and us are.

You'd have to think that our turnover will jump to north of £10m in the next set of accounts (1st season back in the Prem) with additional broadcasting revenue, prize money and UEFA money for Celtic's participation in the Champions League.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I really don't know, I was merely stating what the legal standpoint is in regards to PCAs. It would be very strange for a PCA to include clauses which would allow only one party to cancel the agreement. The thing with PCAs is that they tend to go through without issue, the players are usually moving onto a better salary and the club is gaining a better player.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    I think that they do catering and retail operations "in-house" whereas we outsource both. I wonder if there is any way of finding out how much turnover the Hibs shop does, can people access the accounts of the people who run it? That might help us to compare where the differences between Aberdeen and us are.

You'd have to think that our turnover will jump to north of £10m in the next set of accounts (1st season back in the Prem) with additional broadcasting revenue, prize money and UEFA money for Celtic's participation in the Champions League.
    If that's the case, then the "mystery" is solved. That, plus the fact that Aberdeen is a one-stadium city, and Edinburgh has 3.

Who runs the Hibs shop? Any clues?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I really don't know, I was merely stating what the legal standpoint is in regards to PCAs. It would be very strange for a PCA to include clauses which would allow only one party to cancel the agreement. The thing with PCAs is that they tend to go through without issue, the players are usually moving onto a better salary and the club is gaining a better player.
    No problem. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If that's the case, then the "mystery" is solved. That, plus the fact that Aberdeen is a one-stadium city, and Edinburgh has 3.

Who runs the Hibs shop? Any clues?
    PSL run our retail operations. They only took over in June 2017 however, so I guess we'd have to wait until their next accounts came out to find out. I can't remember who ran the shop before PSL.

Leannn and Rod seem pretty astute business people , surely if just by bringing certain things in house it resulted in a huge increase in revenue they would have done so?