hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm amazed at the amount of people who interpreted my personal opinion as a slander on anyone who chooses to drink before the game.

I was saying it didn't have any appeal to me personally - not everyone else - and that based on similar experiences in different settings I know that it won't, even if I hadn't tried it. I clarified this in an earlier reply.

I didn't in any way insinuate that that I was better than anyone else for not drinking or I'm generalising anyone who does into one category, but on reflection the comment may have come across that way so apologies if misinterpreted. The "holier than thou/boring" generalisations thrown back in response are unneeded and are exactly what I was accused of.
    Ridiculous.

That you should have to write such a post. Your original was quite clear, and not offensive in any way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I see pissed up people all the time before hampden but the ones causing bother are very much in the minority. In fact I think in all my times going to hampden i've only actually seen a fight once (HT at the Falkirk semi final) and when i say "fight" it was a couple of dickheads shoving each other before being seperated by other fans.

Fighting really isn't a big problem in our support (certainly not from what i've experienced anyway). You get the odd one here and there, usually when things aren't going our way on the park and people are getting frustrated but generally it's a very rare occurance i'm pleased to say.

Back in the day you'd have guys virtually carried into the ground because of prematch overindulgence. I've seen blokes asleep on the old top terrace at ER. It was de rigueur to smuggle in half bottles and cans.
    You don't know you're born these days!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Firstly, not having a go at you mate, why would you lie about it. But I see posts like this after practically every game we play at Hampden and as one of those who reluctantly drags his drink sodden carcass out of the pub 20 minutes before kick off along with the bus full of people I've gone to the game with at practically every Hampden visit I have yet to see the scenes of drunken fans staggering about all over the place I so often see described. Folk who have clearly 'had a few' and are being a bit loud yes .. but not to the extent that they are causing a bother.

I can honestly say I have never seen folk pissing in gutters for all to see, or the gardens on the way to the ground full of folk spewing up ( I might have seen one guy being sick once ) I have seen folk arguing in the ground particularly when we were 3 - 0 down to Falkirk, but I've never yet seen fans come to blows with each other. I've no doubt stuff like this does happen, but the way some folk go on you would think Hibs trips to Hampden were like the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

We left the pub about 25 minutes before kick off at the 2016 cup final and on the way to the ground and outside it I cant recall seeing anybody who was so clearly pissed I didn't think they would get in. Perhaps it only happens at the posh bits and that's the side of the ground you go to
    I was too nervous to get properly pissed before the game on 21/05/16, a couple of pints to calm me down but that was it for me. In front of me in the North Stand there was a bit of an altercation after Stokes scored the opener, I think an old guy took exception to the excessive exuberance of some of the rather pished younger lads next to him, one of them especially was swaying and falling all over the shop. All calmed down fairly soon after, and until you said that I'd actually completely forgot all about it (for obvious reasons, what came next overshadowed it).

I dont drink before games nowadays but had a fair swally before the cup final, 6 bottles of bud in car whilst heading through to Glasgow then at least another 10 or so in Montfords tae calm the nerves pre match. I wasnt drunk, well behaved & only went to the bog before ko & half time, dont think I would have made the pitch though, alcohol & emotions rendered me incapable 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Yep gay sex don't knock it until you have tried it.
    Sure the Jambos sung a song about that

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I get tired after about half an hour if I drink before the game. Would rather have one or two after and leave it at that.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think the appeal is getting drunk is generally good fun if done right. Depends how drunk you’re talking though.

I always like a few drinks before games and it’s a big part of the day, depending on what happens before and how well the lagers going down there’s times I’ve been drunker than expected and there’s been times I’ve been absolutely blazing. In ideal situation for me now is probably a sociable 5 or 6 nice pints before a game, much more than that and I’m struggling to enjoy it.

I’ve not really got an issue with drunk people at games, it’s the younger guys that are clearly coked out their nut and probably still out from the night before that do my head in.

I feel really old saying that.

Your problem is Scotlands problem........

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    I dont drink before games nowadays but had a fair swally before the cup final, 6 bottles of bud in car whilst heading through to Glasgow then at least another 10 or so in Montfords tae calm the nerves pre match. I wasnt drunk, well behaved & only went to the bog before ko & half time, dont think I would have made the pitch though, alcohol & emotions rendered me incapable 🤭
    Think I sat opposite you (at the front window) same as you ,had a nice drink but thoroughly enjoyed the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by kingalbert86 View Post
    Think I sat opposite you (at the front window) same as you ,had a nice drink but thoroughly enjoyed the occasion
    I was in one of the seating booths mate, just round from the bottle bar 😁

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    Must've been sitting near you at Aberdeen? Front four rows the majority of folk were absolutely blootered. Made a terrible performance a little more amusing as the sarcastic song book came out. FWIW agree with most on here that if you are being a pain in the erse and annoying everyone around you then there's a problem, however if not then there's nothing wrong with it.
    Nah we were further back than that plus we are usually quiet drunks (if that's possible!)

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    During the match they had a half bottle of rum and saved brought out a full bottle of wine for the 2nd half. Nae wonder flares can get in when a bottle of Echo Falls can slip past the stewards!
    I sit in the west and I have never been searched entering ER I could take in flares, bottles of alcohol etc quite easily.

If you think a few bevvies are bad then I STRONGLY recommend that you never take acid before traveling through to Falkirk midweek during a blizzard - weirdest, scariest, funniest away "trip" I ever had in that car!

*I was a passenger 😇

@hibs.net private member
    During some lengthy periods of my time supporting Hibs, only sado-masochists would have dared to enter Easter Road without the numbing security blanket of alchohol to protect their battered sensibilities from further punishment.

Nowadays perhaps with Lennon's Marauding side it would be worth attempting to take in the whole experience fully sober but old habits die hard don't ye know

What's the views on taking a hipflask with you?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Nothing wrong with getting totally inebriated and abusing random strangers with obnoxious bile and violent assault - provided its done with style and panache. Take that out off the game and we might as well be living in some Soviet style nanny state.
    Only person that thinks it’s done with style and panache is the dick spouting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Only person that thinks it’s done with style and panache is the dick spouting it.
    Next thing you’ll be criticizing people who choose to bring missles into football grounds.

The "WHOOOOOOSH" factor is strong with this one.

😖

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Next thing you’ll be criticizing people who choose to bring missles into football grounds.
    The day Kim Jong Un walks into ER is the day I walk out.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Umm...

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    My bladder just won't let me do it anymore, any more than a couple of pints and I'm up and down like a yoyo and miss too much of the game.
    Its all in the timing, a pee before you leave pub, another before you go to your seat and one at half time, seems to work for me