hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    24,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If rangers or Celtic had been playing, it would have been on
    Shame this one isnít, would fancy watching this, rather than CL
    Totally agree you would have thought BBC would have been all over it given their lack of meaningful live sport. As you say if the OF had been involved would have been a stick on to be shown.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Tonight's game impacts ourselves. If aberdeen win then that improves our chances of Europe as it leaves motherwell as the only side who could win the cup out of the top 3 currently. Also gives Aberdeen an extra game to play, potentially taking focus away from the league which could help us in the race for top 3

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    24,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tonight's game impacts ourselves. If aberdeen win then that improves our chances of Europe as it leaves motherwell as the only side who could win the cup out of the top 3 currently. Also gives Aberdeen an extra game to play, potentially taking focus away from the league which could help us in the race for top 3
    Totally agree wouldnt see Motherwell winning the cup if Aberdeen win, Killie in current form possibly could.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tonight's game impacts ourselves. If aberdeen win then that improves our chances of Europe as it leaves motherwell as the only side who could win the cup out of the top 3 currently. Also gives Aberdeen an extra game to play, potentially taking focus away from the league which could help us in the race for top 3
    Mon the Sheepies.

    Then a Hibs win Friday, and Killie to get a draw at Ibrox on Saturday - perfect.

    Hearts getting beat wouldn't really be of much help or hindrance, but would also be "pleasing".
    Mon the Hibs.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,711
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If itís based on seeding from last season then there is no reason Celtic shouldnít be asked to go back there as Sevco were third last season.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct. In every other league and far away worlds this is correct.

    This is Scotland however and Rantic will both get even home / away games, particularly against each other.

    As sure as night follows day.

    J

  7. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. In every other league and far away worlds this is correct.

    This is Scotland however and Rantic will both get even home / away games, particularly against each other.

    As sure as night follows day.

    J
    Sevco are P15 W7 D2 L6 at home and P15 W11 D2 L2 away - we'd be better off at Ibrox.


    Edit - although I totally agree with your point.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor refereeing decisions and throwing away 2 goal leads have cost us second place
    A more succinct way of saying what i was trying to say the other day.

  9. #68
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dunfermline
    Posts
    184
    Are the post split fixtures ever announced before the 33rd if it is mathematically certain who the top 6 will be, or do they always wait until after game 33?

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by steelendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the post split fixtures ever announced before the 33rd if it is mathematically certain who the top 6 will be, or do they always wait until after game 33?
    I can't remember a precedent for it, I suppose there's nothing to logically stop it, if it's mathematically wrapped up.

  11. #70
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dunfermline
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't remember a precedent for it, I suppose there's nothing to logically stop it, if it's mathematically wrapped up.
    If hearts win there next two games (thistle and dundee), Killin win one of their next two (rangers and hamilton) and motherwell and st Johnstone lose their next two (rangers/Celtic and us/ Aberdeen respectively), the top six could be confirmed by the end of the weekend we play thistle at home

  12. #71
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    6,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. In every other league and far away worlds this is correct.

    This is Scotland however and Rantic will both get even home / away games, particularly against each other.

    As sure as night follows day.

    J
    To be fair, we'd be raging if we had to make a third trip to the PBS so I have no problem with the bigot-fests being shared evenly.

    However there is no reason why either of them should be guaranteed a minimum of nineteen home games when the rest of us risk only getting eighteen.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved