hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I think you are wrong and it speaks volumes as to why the rivalry between us has degenerated into the hatred exhibited by many.

For many of them it is simply inconceivable that we could be better than them either collectively or individually.

I am one of many Hibs supporters who now wouldn't even bother discussing football with the majority of Hearts fans I know as it is an utterly pointless exercise, they are in many ways worse than rantic fans but without any reason to be so.

Hibs and us as supporters have a huge opportunity here, us to back the club through HSL and the club to keep their foot on their throats.

I honestly believe that if we continue to do this a large part of their support will be completely unable to deal with this and will disappear like snow of a dyke, hopefully forever.

I want to smash these ****ers to smithereens and keep doing it again and again.

I saw what you did there...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This is a belter 🤣

The biggest difference between the two clubs right now is that Hibs are doing very well by their poor standards whilst we are miles below our usual high standards.

Hibs have plateaued though, they have no plan and rely on the settled squad. Hearts on the other hand are building a foundation to dominate Scottish football over the coming years. What Levein has started with the academy and our coaching infrastructure will see us leaving dross like Hibs in our wake in the years ahead.

I wouldn't waste your time worrying about Hibs.

That is brilliant. I wonder who comes up with stuff like this.

It's quite poignant that comedy of such a high standard should be posted on the day that Ken Dodd passes away.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    '..........Our team is miles ahead on paper'
    Great on paper but ***** on grass.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Left by mutual consent!
    This is a belter 🤣

The biggest difference between the two clubs right now is that Hibs are doing very well by their poor standards whilst we are miles below our usual high standards.

Hibs have plateaued though, they have no plan and rely on the settled squad. Hearts on the other hand are building a foundation to dominate Scottish football over the coming years. What Levein has started with the academy and our coaching infrastructure will see us leaving dross like Hibs in our wake in the years ahead.

And there you have it in a nutshell, the inexplicable arrogance of your average Hearts supporter. I genuinely worry for their sanity now that the "glory days" of financial doping are over. Some of them really haven't woken up and smelt the coffee yet.

There is barely anything between the two clubs in size, stature and success (their recent success coming off the back of spending outwith their means). To state that we are punching above our weight in comparison to them is just utter lunacy.

This is a belter ��

The dictionary has a term best suited to explaining the plight of our sad deluded neighbours:

Superiority complex

noun

• an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    This is a belter 🤣

It is really like old soviet propaganda or Nazi talk of a thousand year Reich dominating the world!

It demonstrates a complete lack of ability to properly and objectively analyse the available facts; behaviour which in itself is a clear indicator of desperation and which will not allow them to get out of the rut they're in.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Care in the community needs a rethink. It's failing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    This is a belter 🤣

Where to start with this one!!

If Hibs were standing still, he might have a point.

If the genius behind Hearts' development had a track record of success, he might have a point.

If he takes away the fact that Levein has been entirely responsible for Hearts NOT having a settled squad, he might have a point.

If he ignores that Levein is responsible for the single most embarrassing and negative football tactic ever used by the Scottish national side, he might have a point.

If he ignores the respective standings of the development teams of Hibs and Hearts, he might have a point.

If Hibs had no development plan in place, he might have a point.

Reality tells us, though, that every point he made has massive, brown-stained '86 vintage pants sized, holes in it.

If their best source of comfort is that things will get better because of plans that Craig Levein has, then we can all look forward to a very bright, very green, future.

There is straw clutching, then there's that post which takes it to another level altogether.

You would almost feel sorry for them if they weren't such dicks.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Where to start with this one!!

If Hibs were standing still, he might have a point.

If the genius behind Hearts' development had a track record of success, he might have a point.

If he takes away the fact that Levein has been entirely responsible for Hearts NOT having a settled squad, he might have a point.

If he ignores that Levein is responsible for the single most embarrassing and negative football tactic ever used by the Scottish national side, he might have a point.

If he ignores the respective standings of the development teams of Hibs and Hearts, he might have a point.

If Hibs had no development plan in place, he might have a point.

Reality tells us, though, that every point he made has massive, brown-stained '86 vintage pants sized, holes in it.

If their best source of comfort is that things will get better because of plans that Craig Levein has, then we can all look forward to a very bright, very green, future.

There is straw clutching, then there's that post which takes it to another level altogether.

You would almost feel sorry for them if they weren't such dicks.
    Well said

Every single positive they point to as reasons for their impending superiority are things we have done (and for the most part already paid for) years ago.

Youth development set up? Yup, we got one of those, it's already paid dividends with the transfer fees received for the "golden generation"...that's how long ago we started investing in developing our own players, yet they talk about it as if they've just invented the wheel!

Stadium? Yup, not only is our re-vamped stadium almost paid for, it's 20k+ capacity and UEFA compliant thanks very much!

Fan ownership? Approx how much of the club to our fans now own? About 30% give or take? While meantime, as has been pointed out elsewhere, they've been ploughing their money into Budgies coffers for 5 years and don't have a single share to show for it.

Is it ironic that the colour of jealousy is green?!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixu62 View Post
    Every single positive they point to as reasons for their impending superiority are things we have done (and for the most part already paid for) years ago.

Youth development set up? Yup, we got one of those, it's already paid dividends with the transfer fees received for the "golden generation"...that's how long ago we started investing in developing our own players, yet they talk about it as if they've just invented the wheel!

Stadium? Yup, not only is our re-vamped stadium almost paid for, it's 20k+ capacity and UEFA compliant thanks very much!

Fan ownership? Approx how much of the club to our fans now own? About 30% give or take? While meantime, as has been pointed out elsewhere, they've been ploughing their money into Budgies coffers for 5 years and don't have a single share to show for it.

Is it ironic that the colour of jealousy is green?!
    Their youth development set up is something we can only gaze at like hobos looking through their big glass thing that isn't a window . Look and learn.

Hearts are currently in 5th place 12 points behind and 14 goals worse off than leaders Hibernian.

Share ownership? Who knows if they'll eventually do anything, the person calling the shots might have already decided they're happy ownership has 100%been achieved by a fan and is now cracking on directing what has happened and will happen with their cash. All very Romanovesque, and pleasing.

Updated 12/03/2018 at 19:56

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 12-03-2018 at 08:40 PM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Their youth development set up is something we can only gaze at like hobos looking through their big glass thing that isn't a window . Look and learn.

Hearts are currently in 5th place 12 points behind and 14 goals worse off than leaders Hibernian.

Share ownership? Who knows if they'll eventually do anything, the person calling the shots might have already decided they're happy ownership has 100%been achieved by a fan and is now cracking on directing what has happened and will happen with their cash. All very Romanovesque, and pleasing.

Updated 12/03/2018 at 19:56

Hearts are 6th.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Hearts are 6th.
    You're right I'm making them bigger than they are. All very yammish, outed after all these years.☺

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Hearts problem is using the past as some measure of the current and future, essentially living in denial. The Rangers have exactly the same issue – they want to get ‘back’ to an era that was in fact a mirage, paid for with other people’s money and by cheating the SFA.

Hearts are the same. Financially doped up for years, and rescued by Budge and the supporters coming to the rescue at 11.59, they still ‘expect’ to be something they were once upon a time, even if was all on tick then.

Obviously the FOH income is very welcome – but it’s not guaranteed and is ultimately linked to how some people feel about the product on the park and results.

Challenge I see is how do they pay to; finish the main stand, build a new nursery, relay an expensive pitch AND invest in the playing squad now that they only spend what they earn? Something has to give.

What Hibs MUST do is capitalise on their neighbours, and closest rivals, weakness. We need to make more noise about HSL and do more to encourage it.

They’re just about keeping their head above water. Let’s stick a hosepipe down their throats and seize this opportunity to build on all the good work done OFF the pitch in the past 10+ years.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

Apparently they are going to finish 25 points ahead of Hibs next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Apparently they are going to finish 25 points ahead of Hibs next season.
    I reckon we could be docked 15 points for going into administration next season and they still wouldn't finish 25 points ahead of us.

Left by mutual consent!
    That line -

Hearts on the other hand are building a foundation to dominate Scottish football over the coming years

It just defies belief !. I mean - WTF - how/what .................................. they couldn't dominate anyone/anything when they tanned over £100m of 'Other People's Money' over 3 generations !! In other words, they even made an arse of it CHEATING - but now they're going to 'dominate' while 'Playing within their means' ?. The clown who posted this better not ever enter into a 'Battle of wits' as he's clearly un-armed !

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    That line -

Hearts on the other hand are building a foundation to dominate Scottish football over the coming years

It just defies belief !. I mean - WTF - how/what .................................. they couldn't dominate anyone/anything when they tanned over £100m of 'Other People's Money' over 3 generations !! In other words, they even made an arse of it CHEATING - but now they're going to 'dominate' while 'Playing within their means' ?. The clown who posted this better not ever enter into a 'Battle of wits' as he's clearly un-armed !
    Building a foundation , he's been there for 4 year

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post

That line -

More chance of them finding something wrong with their foundations forcing them to knock down the new half finished, half empty mega stand...

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibzbollah View Post
    The dictionary has a term best suited to explaining the plight of our sad deluded neighbours:

Superiority complex

noun

• an attitude of superiority which conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.

Testimonial Due
    That line -

They're still not playing within their means. They've had to rely on £4m of anonymous contributions and £1.5m pa from fan contributions to get where they are today (6th).
    Last edited by cocteautwin; 13-03-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    They're still not paying within their means. They've had to rely on £4m of anonymous contributions and £1.5m pa from fan contributions to get where they are today (6th).
    I wonder if this 'Mystery Donor' is their new way of cheating ?. It does seem strange that this 'Donor' wasn't around when they were in serious danger of disappearing forever and going for a song at £2.5m but just over a season later pops-up with £4m ??

Testimonial Due
    I wonder if this 'Mystery Donor' is their new way of cheating ?. It does seem strange that this 'Donor' wasn't around when they were in serious danger of disappearing forever and going for a song at £2.5m but just over a season later pops-up with £4m ??
    I don't know if it's cheating but it's certainly within a grey area. Does it comply with FFP rules? Dunno. It's certainly a continuation of a 30 year run of spending other people's money.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    They're still not playing within their means. They've had to rely on £4m of anonymous contributions and £1.5m pa from fan contributions to get where they are today (6th).
    In my book, that's living within their means. If people are prepared to give them the money, I don't see what the problem is.

Would you say the same about HSL and the other fans' contributions, including those from this site?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I don't know if it's cheating but it's certainly within a grey area. Does it comply with FFP rules? Dunno. It's certainly a continuation of a 30 year run of spending other people's money.
    It's a gift, so the FFP rules are irrelevant.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's a gift, so the FFP rules are irrelevant.

Obviously Budge. Teo installments of very round numbers and where was donor during admin? She get it back somehow.

That line -

I'm genuinely ****ting myself for when they start dominating Scottish football. Was bad enough when they won the double in 86.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    What a shambles we are actually. I never realised it till they pointed out. Imagine relying on a settled squad? And we definitely have no plan going forward. Lennon should have kept our 2 top scorers like most teams would have bur instead decided to change somthing that wasnt ticking. What a maverick.
    We do not have a development team top of their respecrive league with the next of our youngsters who will hopefully make the step up.
    I guess we will need to overhaul the entire squad in the summer now as well.
    I wonder if anyone could sneak in and steal the hearts how to book and give us some tips?
    I think sacking lennon is the first page as he failed to win v them in the cup. Oh