hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "but but 5-1!"

Because they are crap now and now have to play us on a levelish playing field, they’ve basically decided that past results are far more important than any future results. How does that work then jambos?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I don't know how long it will be before we pay off Farmer's loan, but it would be good to have a wee song ready for that day -

Something like this maybe (tune of Born Free)

Debt free
    So get it right up ye
    You folks there in Gorgie
    Who don't pay your way

Debt free
    Coz we're no a ponzi
    we're a' bona fide
    No like you sad ******s

Maybe the last line could do with touching up though.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I was in Ryan’s Bar watching the rugby today and the Councillor Steve Cardownie was in there with his tank top wearing jambo mates (all older than him other than one very strange younger guy). Someone at the bar started a “we are Hibernian FC, we hate jam tarts...” chant. They went bloody mental, especially the weird younger guy who started sticking his two fingers up and doing 5-1s. Strange bunch of guys, especially the younger guy and the oldest one who literally bought a bag of crisps every 15 minutes for 4 hours and scoffed the lot.

Left by mutual consent!
    There you go you can have this one for free as you see the thing is we were pish we knew we were pish and we are long past over it. I will take the 5-1 if it meant what happened since then occurred.

We now run this city, yer team is pish and you know it, yer stand is pish we all know it, yer manager is a bawbag we all know it and yet again we have leathered ye. Enjoy your 5-1. We own you and we own 5-1. So come on over and look in as 5-1 wont help you now as you struggle to even make top 6.

Last edited by Captain Trips; 10-03-2018 at 06:49 PM.

The cost of the 5-1 game was almost liquidation.

Never let them forget that either.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will take the 5-1 if it meant what happened since then occurred.
    Given the widely held view on here that all sorts of good things have happened to us since that day - particularly derby-wise - and all sorts of bad things have happened to them, is it time we started to celebrate that game as a historical turning point?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    JKB is hilarious - they are now in a "actually Hibs are pretty crap, Aberdeen and Rangers are crap, so if we get back to where we should be, the league is there for the taking" mindset.

Its comfort blanket x 100

Honest tae god, they just dont get it - they think we are a crap team apart from our midfield and that means they will be bossing us next year.

Fannies

I must admit I worried we might become a 'but we won the Scottish Cup' support. However that victory seems to have galvanised ths support and the club to want to achieve more.

Contrast that to Hearts who seem to have seen 5-1 as a final destination rather than a step on the journey. That mentality has seen them refuse to question anything their club does for 6 years and look what has happened. Stagnating at best whilst, as the banner said, 'the Hibs go marching on'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Their all creaming themselves on social media about how wonderful the 22 games unbeaten song is

Exciting times to be a jambo . . .
    Youngsters singing about an era where most of them weren't even born 😂

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The cost of the 5-1 game was almost liquidation.

Never let them forget that either.
    Part of the price of doing it was publishing their very own creditors list with names like the lady Haig Poppy Fund, Macraes Battalion Trust and big hearts on it.

Personally I'd prefer to avoid that stigma to a forever tainted cup win. They might have a long long wait for the next one.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

And.... What about the 'Hibs'd it'........

Going to have to rewrite that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Because they are crap now and now have to play us on a levelish playing field, they’ve basically decided that past results are far more important than any future results. How does that work then jambos?
    It's all they have .... in between defeats.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    but they are the famous
    They are not even "the famous" in Scotland now more THE INFAMOUS

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    They are not even "the famous" in Scotland now more THE INFAMOUS
    "The Irrelevant"

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    "The Irrelevant"
    That’s got to be the next song!
    You are irrelevant, you are irrelevant.......

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    No matter which way they cut it it happened on their watch. they are now the men women and children who have lived through Hibs winning the Scottish Cup. I
    Love it!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Hibs are miles and miles ahead of hearts in every single department on and off the pitch .

We will beat them more than they will beat us in the foreseeable that's an absolute given. They just aren't very good..my kids last night weren't even that ecstatic about beating them they have been to so many derbies now when we have turned them over they expect to beat these freaks.

Make no mistake hearts are terrified of hibs..we absolutely own them..I expect to win against then now

We are miles and miles ahead of them

When it comes down to it I wouldn’t swap our 3-2 cup winning journey for their 5-1 win. Nothing comes close to the story of our cup win. My sensible Jambo mates acknowledge it.

5-1 was a sore one but I got over it pretty quickly. Hearts were clearly being run in a shady fashion and that Hibs squad were a bunch of chancers I had little love or respect for. They didn’t deserve to be legends. The 4-0 semi was a more painful defeat to me.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    5-1 did more for us since that day than it has done for them.

It hurt me at the time and for quite a few months after for various reasons but I am well and truly over it.

And in a perverse and weird sort of way, I wouldn’t swap 5-1 being part of our history as since then, it has been emmense being a Hibby

Had a wee chuckle last night when they started singing "When hearts went up to win the Scottish cup". Who gives a flying duck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I must admit I worried we might become a 'but we won the Scottish Cup' support. However that victory seems to have galvanised ths support and the club to want to achieve more.

Contrast that to Hearts who seem to have seen 5-1 as a final destination rather than a step on the journey. That mentality has seen them refuse to question anything their club does for 6 years and look what has happened. Stagnating at best whilst, as the banner said, 'the Hibs go marching on'.
    Would never want us to happily accept failure just because we already won the cup. No danger at all but as you say I think its given the club a real drive to achieve more and has given the whole club a massive boost both in ST sales and morale.

I've heard hearts fans say things like "no derby matters since 5-1 etc etc". The best day in their history of course but ever since then they've hid behind it. Surely some of the more sensible hearts supporters (few and far between, i know!) must be getting fed of some of their supporters "awck don't care about losing the derby because we have 5-1 etc etc" brigade.

It irks them big time that their 5-1 gestures, songs etc doesn't wind us up like it once did. I for one am totally over it, 21.05.16 irradicated any tiny bit of pain I had left from that day. Let them have their tainted cup win - look at where both clubs are now, i know what team i'd rather be!

I came away from 5 -1, and as well as lamenting the financial cheating that made the win possible for them, I was quite firm in my belief that this was marking a turning point for us.

What really convinced me was the next year at Hampden, 3 - 0 down and we really got behind our team. Celtic fans melted away, we stayed and showed them what supporting a team was all about. That moment will live with me forever.

We were on the way to what happened on 21.05.2016 and continues to this day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I came away from 5 -1, and as well as lamenting the financial cheating that made the win possible for them, I was quite firm in my belief that this was marking a turning point for us.

What really convinced me was the next year at Hampden, 3 - 0 down and we really got behind our team. Celtic fans melted away, we stayed and showed them what supporting a team was all about. That moment will live with me forever.

We were on the way to what happened on 21.05.2016 and continues to this day.
    21st May wouldn't have been as incredible without the context of our previous failures in recent years. Putting them out after being two down at Tynie with ten to play was redemption, winning the cup in the manner we did was beyond something you could write.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedance View Post
    When it comes down to it I wouldn’t swap our 3-2 cup winning journey for their 5-1 win. Nothing comes close to the story of our cup win. My sensible Jambo mates acknowledge it.

5-1 was a sore one but I got over it pretty quickly. Hearts were clearly being run in a shady fashion and that Hibs squad were a bunch of chancers I had little love or respect for. They didn’t deserve to be legends. The 4-0 semi was a more painful defeat to me.
    2006 was at least a sporting contest; we didn't turn up and were well beaten. 2012 was not a sporting contest; they didn't win it - Cheating Craig Thomson gave them it.

Think I've reached the point where, if I was given the 5-1 gesture, I'd just return it accompanied with a cheery chuckle (like we were fellow members of some childish wee secret society); I can imagine that irritating them quite considerably. Although most Jambos likely weren't alive (or at least old enough to remember it) at the time it occurred, I'd suggest 7-0 annoys them more than 2012 does us - probably because it upsets their big team mentality that they know it could never be matched as a winning scoreline.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    They've nothing left to cling on to.

Their manager is now literally a national embarrassment.

We destroyed their songbook and the thing they valued most by winning the cup - and we did it in the most romantic film script way possible, probably the greatest ever Scottish Cup story.

Our club is turning from perennial under achieving soft touch to one of the country's brightest, most exciting, reborn institutions.

We have a Manager and Chief Executive in the process of reinvigorating us from top to bottom and a Hibernian community in buoyant unity across team, club and support.

Everything important thing they now touch - stand redevelopment, player signings, reputation, fan ownership scheme, manager - is now respectively rusted, rotten, ridiculous, redundant and raving.

There is no short or medium term prospect of financial relief for them and they know that means a continued level playing field and no better than mediocrity for them.

They're now a mixture of journeymen who don't understand the club or the derby and youngsters trying to step up way too early for their own good.

They are currently facing the (for them) horrible truth that they are the smaller club. Smaller stadium, heading for smaller attendances, smaller ambition and small minded.

It's not just Russian agents that can be assassinated by malevolent forces from the East. Sometimes it's an entire football club. Take a bow Agent Romanov and all the deluded clowns who welcomed him in and willingly swallowed the slow motion poison he administered which is currently leaving them struggling for breath.
    Fabulous post.

First Team Breakthrough
    I can't believe, that a mutant on broke back has actually checked back the league platings to 1893 to see how many times the inbred have finished above the Hibs!

He is deeply troubled and very insecure after another derby gubbing and that comfort blanket needs a big sook!

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee=legend View Post
    In my eyes.... 0-7 is a better score line 😉🇳🇬
    along with 2-6 GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Part of the price of doing it was publishing their very own creditors list with names like the lady Haig Poppy Fund, Macraes Battalion Trust and big hearts on it.

Personally I'd prefer to avoid that stigma to a forever tainted cup win. They might have a long long wait for the next one.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Another part of the price for doing it was the Lithuanian pensioners who lost their savings and the Bosnian steel workers who lost their jobs.

Never let them forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The cost of the 5-1 game was almost liquidation. Never let them forget that either.
    This is something I never ever will forget and will never ever let them forget!

Most say it's in the past and I cannot keep dredging this up. I said what about this 1-5 comfy blanket .... Was told that's different.

The lady Haig Poppy Thieves they will always be and btw they hate it!