hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Scott Allan

  1. #1

    Scott Allan

    Superb attitude. Superb talent who is made for us.
    He is the difference so make it long term if at all possible Hibs.

    Glory glory!!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    48
    Posts
    19,837
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Superb attitude. Superb talent who is made for us.
    He is the difference so make it long term if at all possible Hibs.

    Glory glory!!
    Was not at his best first half however got right up to speed in the second and his goal was a thing of beauty. I would be looking to get him signed up for next season along with Dylan.

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due 1van Sprou7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Doon Leith
    Posts
    1,462
    Thought he was poor before his goal tbh but he's the kind of player who can pull something out of the hat in these situations

    Just thinking about how ridiculously good a deal we got with him

    Signed him for free, then after 1 year we sell him for McGeouch, Henderson on loan and also £150k (I think)

    Then a couple of years later we get him back on loan (also hopefully sign him in the summer)

    Some ridiculously good business from hibs

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,316
    Who'd have thought that after Hearts skooshed the Championship and the acrimonious departure of Scott Allan, that three years later we would be beating them yet again and "one Scotty Allan" would be ringing round a packed ER?

    The wonderful world of football. So glad he's back.

  6. #5
    As my friend said " Scott Allan is different gravy".

  7. #6
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was not at his best first half however got right up to speed in the second and his goal was a thing of beauty. I would be looking to get him signed up for next season along with Dylan.
    I disagree, as I thought hibs midfield were that little bit off in the first half, McGinn passing not up to standard & McGeough didn't impose himself. 2nd half transformation all of them top notch, Scott ran himself into the ground. Great performance all round.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    48
    Posts
    19,837

    Scott Allan

    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, as I thought hibs midfield were that little bit off in the first half, McGinn passing not up to standard & McGeough didn't impose himself. 2nd half transformation all of them top notch, Scott ran himself into the ground. Great performance all round.
    What do you disagree about. I am confused
    We agree that first half was poor but better second half??

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aldo; 10-03-2018 at 04:10 PM.

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you disagree about. I am confused
    We agree that first half was poor but better second half??

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You seem to single out Allan alone as being off the boil in first half, I feel McGinn was definitely not up to speed,miss passes, so yes 1st half poor but not Allan's fault alone. 2nd half great.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    48
    Posts
    19,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to single out Allan alone as being off the boil in first half, I feel McGinn was definitely not up to speed,miss passes, so yes 1st half poor but not Allan's fault alone. 2nd half great.
    On this thread I did as itís about SA but I agree quite a few off the boil. I would however say Dylan showed a few more glimpses than the others.

    Crossed wires me thinks.

    Second half well donít think I need to say anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On this thread I did as itís about SA but I agree quite a few off the boil. I would however say Dylan showed a few more glimpses than the others.

    Crossed wires me thinks.

    Second half well donít think I need to say anymore.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crossed wires indeed, looks like we're in agreement.

  12. #11
    Scott Allan is class. There were a few on here not happy at his return.

    Wonder what they were thinking when that ball caressed the back of the net last night.

    Scott, you are quality.

    I salute you.

  13. #12
    mcgeoch was our best midfeilder first half IMO, didnt do much wrong ,, mcginn and allen got better as the game went on all 3

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Bolton
    Age
    50
    Posts
    34,224
    I'll have bored before about SA. I've watched him for over a decade and he is a superlative player. I cannot watch him enough .. a genius at times.

  15. #14
    The missing ingredient from our midfield. We've got some excellent defensive & natural mids, but lacked someone with vision and willingness to play the killer pass. SA completes the jigsaw.

    We need to enjoy these guys while we can.

  16. #15
    Onion, too right and NL as well.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member EH54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Guy is superb could watch him all day
    Carpe Diem

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    48
    Posts
    19,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crossed wires indeed, looks like we're in agreement.
    We are indeed and on both counts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have bored before about SA. I've watched him for over a decade and he is a superlative player. I cannot watch him enough .. a genius at times.
    I totally agree, I truly think he is an outstanding player, to me he is a through back to players I watch when the Tornadoes were at there peak, he has vision, ball control, everything.

  20. #19
    Some players and clubs fit. Scott Allan and Hibs fall into that category. If both sides realise that a longer term arrangement should be achievable.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #20
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,335
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43356504

    ďThe fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43356504

    ďThe fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.
    Sign on the dotted line Scotty...U know it makes sense...

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  23. #22
    Testimonial Due poolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    in ma jannies office
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Allan is class. There were a few on here not happy at his return.

    Wonder what they were thinking when that ball caressed the back of the net last night.

    Scott, you are quality.

    I salute you.
    I was Def not one not happy at his return

    Any footballer who is going to make our team better is OK by me

    No matter what the history

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,884
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43356504

    ďThe fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.
    This is so true. It amazes me how some players can go from world beaters to huddies (or vice versa) when switching clubs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved