hibs.net Messageboard

Drumming in the East

Well done the singing section in the FF. Seemed to be at it all game, the banner was another cracker - it’s just a shame the sound misses most of us in the East. However, big well done also goes to the guys at the back of section 38/39 in the East who were belting a beat out of the back walls.

The atmosphere in all three Hibs stands was great but I’m sure a drum in the East would work well and compliment the FF section.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I say get the singing section back to the East. Although it was great last night, East and FF were singing the same songs but not at the same time/verse.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say get the singing section back to the East. Although it was great last night, East and FF were singing the same songs but not at the same time/verse.
    Placing them in the section at the end of the stand isn't great, a lot of noise made will just bounce off the walls and not make it to the east, hence it sounds very quiet from the east.

If they must remain in the FF, they need to be front and centre, right behind the goal, move the family section to the West.

The East has long been the source of the most noise at ER, and I feel that the decision to move was a poor one, regardless of who made it.

If they go back to the East, stick them on the halfway line and at the front, but not right down the bottom.

Give them the padded seats in the middle of the famous five

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Can anyone explain why they were moved in tbe first place, without sparking a massive debate?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Well done the singing section in the FF. Seemed to be at it all game, the banner was another cracker - it’s just a shame the sound misses most of us in the East. However, big well done also goes to the guys at the back of section 38/39 in the East who were belting a beat out of the back walls.

The atmosphere in all three Hibs stands was great but I’m sure a drum in the East would work well and compliment the FF section.
    100% agree. Sound is lost in the FF5 upper, although they all do a great job
    Love them at the away games, as we’re usually all in the same stand

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    100% agree. Sound is lost in the FF5 upper, although they all do a great job
    Love them at the away games, as we’re usually all in the same stand
    Can’t argue with that, couldn’t hear a thing bar the drum from section 42. When I was trying to belt a few of the new ditties I got a few funny looks! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Can’t argue with that, couldn’t hear a thing bar the drum from section 42. When I was trying to belt a few of the new ditties I got a few funny looks! 😂
    Ha ha, me too!
    Probably like you, was looking forward to the Eastet Rd debuts of Kamberi, mind the gap, and that’s entertainment, that I heard loud and clear at Killie 2 weeks ago

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We were outsung in a home derby in the first half. The only reason for that is the fact that the two main singing areas can’t hear each other. Everyone was singing as normal, but it was different songs and the atmosphere in the home end suffered in the first half. We seem to have ended up with a situation where a group of fans have decided that their club is more important than the reason they set it up.

United we stand here....

Ha ha, me too!
    Probably like you, was looking forward to the Eastet Rd debuts of Kamberi, mind the gap, and that’s entertainment, that I heard loud and clear at Killie 2 weeks ago
    Exactly the same songs 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    We were outsung in a home derby in the first half. The only reason for that is the fact that the two main singing areas can’t hear each other. Everyone was singing as normal, but it was different songs and the atmosphere in the home end suffered in the first half. We seem to have ended up with a situation where a group of fans have decided that their club is more important than the reason they set it up.
    What do you mean by that LB

What do you mean by that LB
    I was in the West last night billy and I couldn’t hear any hibs songs. I could hear hearts fans, and at times I could hear hibs fans but I couldn’t hear what songs they were singing.
    Surely the purpose of the singing section is to create an atmosphere in the stadium. They did that when they were in the east, they don’t where they are now. Do they want their own wee club or do they want to create an atmosphere?
    I really don’t want to sound like I have got a problem with the guys in the singing section, but you have to say it as you see it.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I was in the West last night billy and I couldn’t hear any hibs songs. I could hear hearts fans, and at times I could hear hibs fans but I couldn’t hear what songs they were singing.
    Surely the purpose of the singing section is to create an atmosphere in the stadium. They did that when they were in the east, they don’t where they are now. Do they want their own wee club or do they want to create an atmosphere?
    I really don’t want to sound like I have got a problem with the guys in the singing section, but you have to say it as you see it.
    I agree with your 1st few sentences. Maybe someone can remind me of the move to the FF5 for them
    I certainly don’t think it’s the best area for them, but think they wanted a spot behind the goals?
    Am I right in thinking they started in the East quite high up, then moved down low?
    Maybe someone from the section can clarify the reasons behind the moves
    We need to fix it, as the East has now lost its atmosphere

I think they wanted to distance themselves from the folk that throwing the smoke bombs......

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    We should be encouraging more like minded people to join them in the North upper rather than a returning them to the East. Things like the banner last night and the display earlier in the season would have less impact from the East IMO. Clubs across the continent have successful singing sections in their upper tiers behind the goals. However Rome wasn’t built in a day and it will grow organically and improve over time.

It annoys me the singing section is in the FF upper. It should be in the East stand.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah singing section in the east closer to the away fans, I'm in west lower close to away end and it sounds very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    I think they wanted to distance themselves from the folk that throwing the smoke bombs......
    I seem to recall that being the case. Surely they should have been right in the middle of that ****. Ultras don’t move from the centre of the action, they are the centre of it.
    Where are you boys?

United we stand here....

Here’s how you could look at it.

The relocation of Since1875 from the East to the North was never intended to be a short term initiative. It is part of a longer term plan to develop a young group in a stand occupied by younger kids. And in the medium to long term I am confident that strategy will pay off.

The regulars in the Famous Five are starting to identify with the group and against Hearts the whole stand got up on their feet a couple of times. As did the West. We are on the road to an all singing stadium and not just during Sunshine on Leith.

The other critical role that Since1875 perform is at away games, where don’t forget we are normally sited behind a goal. The march to the pink bus shelter adds an additional dimension.

When the group first left the East it created a bit of a void but with the extra season tickets sold this season it has filled up again. By the end of the season I’m pretty confident there will be enough momentum to create a nucleus of hardcore singers to start the songs and the opportunity to fundraise for a couple of drums.

Maybe the guys in the top rows of S43 will be pleased to save their hands from blisters caused by hammering on the back cladding?
    Last edited by RIP; 11-03-2018 at 06:29 AM.