hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steven Naismith.

I said at the time he’s finished and will be a complete failure at Hearts. I was shot down in flames for it. Well I’d like to just say he’s worse than I first thought.

I can’t believe they have thrown money at someone who’s hardly played and who’s legs have completely gone.

PLEASING.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought he was one of their better players tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult 😁

Naismith

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Inclined to agree with you there mate. Thought their international Trio of GK and centre backs were outstanding at Maclarens goal mind you...........

Left by mutual consent!
    It's rather pleasing how much money is being drained on him, they risked it all on the idea of fighting for 3rd and a trip to Hampden with Europe thrown in but in the end it's all coming down to a top 6 shoot out with the Mothers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Brought in with 5 months to go on big wages to push for her the cup and a crack at Euro spots.

Fail.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Getting his grossly over inflated wages under false pretences.

I actually think he still showed flashes of being a player.

However I said when they brought him in it was a panic signing as he would be nowhere near match fit and at his age and with ths injuries he has had that would take time. So it is proving, against Motherwell and last night he has long spells in which he drops miles off the pace of the game. He plays in spells now. Playing a few under 23 games is nothing like playing 1st team football every week.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    He’s crap and should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 10 minutes. A complete waste of money. Nice.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    He was excellent at getting in the ref's face to moan after every foul, other than that anonymous.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I thought they’d made a good signing, glad I got it wrong!

I’ve seen a few posts saying he was decent last night. I just didn’t see it. He got into some good positions now and again but he doesn’t know how to pass the ball.

Agree with those about him moaning at the ref. It was constant throughout the game.

Clearly him and Lafferty can’t stand each other, I wonder what’s going on there.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    I particularly enjoyed the way he bounced off John McGinn, who shrugged him aside as if he wasn't there. That boy has astonishing strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I said at the time he’s finished and will be a complete failure at Hearts. I was shot down in flames for it. Well I’d like to just say he’s worse than I first thought.

I can’t believe they have thrown money at someone who’s hardly played and who’s legs have completely gone.

PLEASING.
    U sure did TC and u were bang on.....he's average at best and simply.not worth the kind of money they are chucking at him. Nor is laughatme may I add

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Thought he did his best work tracking back and defensively.

If I was saying that about one of our strikers, I would be raging.

He's scored once. 😂

When it fell to him in space at the corner of the box I feared the worst....

Needn't have worried! 😂

He’s a right whiny ****. Continually moaning at his teammates and the ref.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

PLEASING.
    IMO, you could say the same about Whittie.

PLEASING.
    He's a vile wee toaly of a man but I thought he had a very good game last night.
    He exerted a fair bit of influence given most of the rest of his team were crap and they were getting outplayed all over the park.

That said the really funny thing is they have absolutely nothing to play for and it will be hilarious if they spend several hundred grand in wages on a guy and wind up just clinging on to the top 6.....or narrowly missing it :)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Our entire season and financial goals haven't rested solely on Whittaker though like they have for Hearts on Naismith.

Plus I imagine Naismith is on a fair chunk more that Whittaker.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

PLEASING.
    I said the same at the time. He’s finished. At his best he needed good players around him because his game is based around hard work rather than talent. He has no good players around him to make up for his bang average talent and also doesn’t have the legs for the hard work. He’s every bit as ***** as the rest of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stokes came in for criticism during his loan spell in 2016 but even if we were to take away his cup final performance his contribution was a great deal more telling than Naismith's at Hearts. Just one goal since January and in and out the team due to injury. No question the guy was a decent player on his day but it's perhaps become clear why nobody else was prepared to shell out for him. Hearts' investment in him has failed to pay off, that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

PLEASING.
    Not by me you didn't

He seems to be performing more or less as the Norwich fans I spoke to said.

Pleasing, as they say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    He’s crap and should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 10 minutes. A complete waste of money. Nice.
    It wasn't "persistant" because he only committed two fouls in that time. However both were cynical to prevent a Hibs attack and so he should have been booked for the second offence.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He’s a right whiny ****. Continually moaning at his teammates and the ref.
    A sure sign he's on his way out.

He has been very poor and looks unfit and played in wrong position.

Hearts have zero midfield of note so he is not helped - I mean Callaghan WTF - and he should play behind the strikers except Hearts play Lafferty out wide and never play with two up front.

£10k a week. Wow.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    A sure sign he's on his way out.
    Think there's probably still a decent player in there, especially at this level. But as he probably likes to play football, including the novel idea of passing and receiving the ball with/to his feet, he's obviously with the wrong team..

Actually surprised he hadn't figured this out before agreeing to the move - off-field he comes across as smarter than the average footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Think there's probably still a decent player in there, especially at this level. But as he probably likes to play football, including the novel idea of passing and receiving the ball with/to his feet, he's obviously with the wrong team..

Actually surprised he hadn't figured this out before agreeing to the move - off-field he comes across as smarter than the average footballer.
    Yet he signed for the Yams.

He's still got skill, but he's now Stevie Naipace.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Could you?

He hasn't been that bad and has been unfortunate with injuries. Played some good stuff at the start of the season and can play 2/3 positions. Won't be on anywhere near as much as Naismith either.

A shadow of the player he was at Killie. I thought he'd be a great signing for them...happy that I was wrong.