hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 513
  1. #121
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ****ing poison tipped umbrellas, they get everywhere
    I think the official UK line is that theyre NOT sure but the evidence points to 'Russia'. The Russian government has asked to see evidence of the nerve agent named. We'll see what happens next. Id imagine it will be next to impossible to get any evidence that points directly to the Kremlin.
    Not sure i agree- they seem to have gone out of their way to make sure everyone knows it was them.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not like the British Government have any form in this, is it.

    Another piece from a different perspective. https://t.co/uPAfRMBq5w
    Bit of a strawman argument in the first line - i havent heaed anyone mention anything about going to war.

    All a bit 'random guy on the internet' for me. Still, im sure being in canada means he has his finger on the pulse far more than our police, military and security services...

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit of a strawman argument in the first line - i havent heaed anyone mention anything about going to war.

    All a bit 'random guy on the internet' for me. Still, im sure being in canada means he has his finger on the pulse far more than our police, military and security services...
    If you read the guys credentials at the bottom of the article, he's hardly a random off t'internet.

    At the moment, we have "highly likely" as the new, hang em high, guilty as charged account by Theresa. I'd rather the Russians were allowed to make their case, and be given the time to do so.

    It all seems a bit rushed by Theresa and co.

    Protocol is for them to have 10 days, we've given them 2.

    More questions than answers on this one.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  5. #124
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you read the guys credentials at the bottom of the article, he's hardly a random off t'internet.

    At the moment, we have "highly likely" as the new, hang em high, guilty as charged account by Theresa. I'd rather the Russians were allowed to make their case, and be given the time to do so.

    It all seems a bit rushed by Theresa and co.

    Protocol is for them to have 10 days, we've given them 2.

    More questions than answers on this one.
    Well we can agree to disagree on the guys credentials.

    Fair enough, but i honestly think no matter what, you would find a reason to cast the UK govt as the bumbling idiots / villains of the piece - my enemy's enemy, and all that.

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we can agree to disagree on the guys credentials.

    Fair enough, but i honestly think no matter what, you would find a reason to cast the UK govt as the bumbling idiots / villains of the piece - my enemy's enemy, and all that.
    Not when people are hospitalised.

    I don't have to find a reason to cast the UK gov as buffoons, they're making a good job of it, all by themselves.

    This is way more serious than, Boris and his faux pas, or Dr fox and his, easy as pie comments.

    It would be nice if the authorities would provide some hard evidence, so we might make informed decisions.

    Until then, we'll have to swallow the free press and their impartial views.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  7. #126
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when people are hospitalised.

    I don't have to find a reason to cast the UK gov as buffoons, they're making a good job of it, all by themselves.

    This is way more serious than, Boris and his faux pas, or Dr fox and his, easy as pie comments.

    It would be nice if the authorities would provide some hard evidence, so we might make informed decisions.

    Until then, we'll have to swallow the free press and their impartial views.
    Well they habe said the nerve agent was invented and is produced by Russia.

    I would bet that a fair amount of the 'evidence' is secret and so will never be made public - that's just the nature of the beast.

    We each either choose to believe it, or we choose not to, either way it will make no difference to either perpetrators or victims, and i highly suspect that most of the retaliation / reaction that we make, you or i will be blissfully unaware of.

  8. #127
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,577
    Once we have the UK government publicly demanding explanations by midnight we're well beyond any doubt as to who they think is responsible.

    The attempted murders took place on 4th March. Interestingly on 6th March a Russian military aircraft went down in Syria with the loss of all 39 people on board.

    I think the informal response keeping it cold has already happened and what we are seeing now are the public niceties.

  9. #128
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,055
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once we have the UK government publicly demanding explanations by midnight we're well beyond any doubt as to who they think is responsible.

    The attempted murders took place on 4th March. Interestingly on 6th March a Russian military aircraft went down in Syria with the loss of all 39 people on board.

    I think the informal response keeping it cold has already happened and what we are seeing now are the public niceties.
    You reckon the UK did that?

    Seems a strange one, especially with the nerve agent you would think it an unusual way of killing someone or was it more of a more general threat to the UK and the west that this is the sort of weapons we can use.

  10. #129
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    71
    Posts
    15,861
    Blog Entries
    1
    Whodunnit? Now we’re past the ‘gut reaction’ stage, who were the perpetrators?

    The Russians.
    The UK.
    A third party.

  11. #130
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,974
    Gary Locke has tweeted his sympathy with the victims of the attack. 'I too know how it feels to be sprayed in the face with something unpleasant by an unknown Russian'.

    I'll get my coat.

  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whodunnit? Now we’re past the ‘gut reaction’ stage, who were the perpetrators?

    The Russians.
    The UK.
    A third party.
    Somewhat surprised the SNP hasn't been named as the prime suspect.


  13. #132
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,052
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somewhat surprised the SNP hasn't been named as the prime suspect.

    That Salmond bloke has connections dontcha know.

  14. #133
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit of a strawman argument in the first line - i havent heaed anyone mention anything about going to war.

    All a bit 'random guy on the internet' for me. Still, im sure being in canada means he has his finger on the pulse far more than our police, military and security services...
    I particularly liked the line about trumped up doping charges that NATO Nations have used to cunningly discredit Russian Olympians, all part of a devious plan to discredit Russia of course.

    Like we need devious plans to see just how Putin and his cronies work...

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well they habe said the nerve agent was invented and is produced by Russia.

    I would bet that a fair amount of the 'evidence' is secret and so will never be made public - that's just the nature of the beast.

    We each either choose to believe it, or we choose not to, either way it will make no difference to either perpetrators or victims, and i highly suspect that most of the retaliation / reaction that we make, you or i will be blissfully unaware of.
    Produced by Russia, is it?

    You might find it's more countries than Russia who were/are involved.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  16. #135
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Produced by Russia, is it?

    You might find it's more countries than Russia who were/are involved.
    Im no expert on nerve gas, but apparently so, yes.

    Of coursr i might find that, but at the moment all the considersd evidence, from credible sources seem to agree it is russia begind the attack.

    So far, ive read you, and some Canadian blogger who have cast aspersions on that narrative. Does that mean you and the blogger are wrong? Of course it doesnt.

    But it does mean that to a lay person like me, weighing up the evidence (scant as it is) that i can see, the overwhelming probability is that it was russia.

    By propagating and spreading completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, laden with innuendo, you are effectively doing what steve bannon and trump do.

    Yes it is good to challenge the dominant media narrative, and i am not so naive to believe anything any politician says at face value, but the challening narrative has to be credible, and substantual. Otherwisr it is just blogging, verging on conspiracy theory, otherwise known as fake news.

    And given how effectively the russians apparrntly are at 'full spectrum' warfare, such as the dissemination of disinformation, i would suggest that many internet blogs need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im no expert on nerve gas, but apparently so, yes.

    Of coursr i might find that, but at the moment all the considersd evidence, from credible sources seem to agree it is russia begind the attack.

    So far, ive read you, and some Canadian blogger who have cast aspersions on that narrative. Does that mean you and the blogger are wrong? Of course it doesnt.

    But it does mean that to a lay person like me, weighing up the evidence (scant as it is) that i can see, the overwhelming probability is that it was russia.

    By propagating and spreading completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, laden with innuendo, you are effectively doing what steve bannon and trump do.

    Yes it is good to challenge the dominant media narrative, and i am not so naive to believe anything any politician says at face value, but the challening narrative has to be credible, and substantual. Otherwisr it is just blogging, verging on conspiracy theory, otherwise known as fake news.

    And given how effectively the russians apparrntly are at 'full spectrum' warfare, such as the dissemination of disinformation, i would suggest that many internet blogs need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
    You need to do a bit more reading then.

    Start about 6 miles from Salisbury


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  18. #137
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to do a bit more reading then.

    Start about 6 miles from Salisbury

    Or just start here: https://twitter.com/corbyn50plus/sta...11990254538754

  19. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worth reading just for this:

    You wouldn't recognise a mass spectrometer if it hit you smack in your stupid gob.

  20. #139
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im no expert on nerve gas, but apparently so, yes.

    Of coursr i might find that, but at the moment all the considersd evidence, from credible sources seem to agree it is russia begind the attack.

    So far, ive read you, and some Canadian blogger who have cast aspersions on that narrative. Does that mean you and the blogger are wrong? Of course it doesnt.

    But it does mean that to a lay person like me, weighing up the evidence (scant as it is) that i can see, the overwhelming probability is that it was russia.

    By propagating and spreading completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, laden with innuendo, you are effectively doing what steve bannon and trump do.

    Yes it is good to challenge the dominant media narrative, and i am not so naive to believe anything any politician says at face value, but the challening narrative has to be credible, and substantual. Otherwisr it is just blogging, verging on conspiracy theory, otherwise known as fake news.

    And given how effectively the russians apparrntly are at 'full spectrum' warfare, such as the dissemination of disinformation, i would suggest that many internet blogs need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.
    Ahem, the British are the masters at it. Take WW2 for example, "The Man Who Never Was", cardboard aeroplanes & tanks, etc. I don't believe for one minute this kind of deceptive warfare isn't ongoing - by Britain, Russia, et al.
    I'm sure this 'game' runs a lot deeper than any of us can imagine.

  21. #140
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worth reading just for this:



    I must admit I thought that was pretty good. Almost .net quality stuff.

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read it last night, thanks. Sheds more light than anything I've heard from the UK gov or the Bbc to be honest.

    I've not got it to hand but I also read a good piece in the Irish Times.

    Their are more unbiased views out there, than the Bbc, that's for sure.

  23. #142
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read it last night, thanks. Sheds more light than anything I've heard from the UK gov or the Bbc to be honest.

    I've not got it to hand but I also read a good piece in the Irish Times.

    Their are more unbiased views out there, than the Bbc, that's for sure.

    Clyde Davies takes Craig Murray to the cleaners in that thread and leaves little room for doubt where this has come from.

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,868
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clyde Davies takes Craig Murray to the cleaners in that thread and leaves little room for doubt where this has come from.
    I'll try and dig out the Irish piece later on.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  25. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clyde Davies takes Craig Murray to the cleaners in that thread and leaves little room for doubt where this has come from.
    No, no. Clyde Davies, most governments in the West and you are wrong.

    An ex-ambassador to Uzbekistan and a Canadian lawyer are right.

  26. #145
    Seems to me that:

    - it was Russia
    - they're rubbing "our" noses in it
    - there's **** all "we" can do about it
    - all sides will be up to nefarious misdeeds - has nobody seen a Bond film ffs?

  27. #146
    ... and Corbyn & co seem to be transferring their residual semi for the Soviets onto modern day Putinism*. Cringe.

    * if that's a thing.

  28. #147
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to do a bit more reading then.

    Start about 6 miles from Salisbury
    What, i need to start reading about six miles from Salisbury? Can i not just read when im here in Edinburgh?

  29. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, i need to start reading about six miles from Salisbury? Can i not just read when im here in Edinburgh?
    Are you here all week?

  30. #149
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... and Corbyn & co seem to be transferring their residual semi for the Soviets onto modern day Putinism*. Cringe.

    * if that's a thing.
    Yeah, i do find this strange. I know he loved the USSR, but what does Putin habe to do with international socialism? Or is it just residual bitterness that the west (capitalism) resoundingly defeated the east (socialism), therefore the west is evil?

  31. #150
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you here all week?
    I felt that was the sort of response that stupid conspiracy-theory type innuendo deserved 😁

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved