hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 514
  1. #31
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    The sad thing is that media like the Sun paint them as fun toffs who are a little bit better than you...and so many idiots lap it up.

    Very dangerous individuals.



    Canít believe people fall for this act. A bit of self-deprecation and contrived eccentricity, and folk start doffing their caps to their masters.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on in his attitude towards homosexuality, democracy, free press, civil liberties, childrens rights, orphans and torture as well?
    I thought that was about Rees Mogg until I checked what you'd posted.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought that was about Rees Mogg until I checked what you'd posted.
    Right wing populism, nationalism, social conservatism and anti globalism.

    Putin and Rees Mogg have plenty in common, easily confused.

  5. #34
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,980
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Corbyn is an anti Semitic who has spent a lifetime opposing his own party.What a choice.

    No he isnít.

    Thereís more evidence that Farage is anti-Semitic but the media arenít playing that narrative.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boris talks first and thinks later. Ask the woman in the Iranian jail or the NHS about the £350m a week brexit windfall he spoke about. He's the bellends bellend.
    I agree totally but so are all of his colleagues

  7. #36
    First Team Regular hibbiedon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    597
    [QUOTE=Jim44;5334542]Boris Johnson has announced that if Russian State intervention in the suspected attack on the two Russians is established, Englandís representation in the World Cup will be in doubt.

    ďMr Johnson said that if it emerged Russia was linked to the incident in Salisbury "it would be very difficult to imagine" that UK representation at this summer's football World Cup could go ahead in the "normal way"

    Then his statement was qualified by his aides :

    Aides to Mr Johnson say he was referring to "officials" - and not the England team.[/QUOTE

    better Together go team Boris

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he isnít.

    Thereís more evidence that Farage is anti-Semitic but the media arenít playing that narrative.
    Agree but the anti semites would have to be paying him. This is the self interested / absorbed nyaff who has always taken a full salary plus expenses when he was a member of the European parliament.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member 660's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,566
    Corbyn is just inept. Johnson and Rees Mogg are malicious.

  10. #39
    Since September 2014 (to pick a starting point) we have seen UK politicians create the following embarassments on the world stage - that I challenge ANYONE on this forum to say represents Scotland well...

    * TREATMENT OF EU NATIONALS LIVING IN SCOTLAND

    Scottish/Rest of World view
    - on the morning of the Brexit result Scotland (and her political leadership) said clearly to EU nationals living here "This Is Your Home, you are welcome here", and was praised around the world for being so quick and so clear on where we (as a nation) stood on the matter. That's how you treat people.

    UK view - shamelessly refused to guarantee anything for 18 months (June 2016 to Dec 2017) That's not how you treat people.

    * IRISH BORDER

    UK view
    - described it as "the easiest negotiation in history" (Liam Fox) before realising the UK hasn't a clue, and is being worked from the back by the DUP

    Rest of World view
    - while on the other hand the EU negotiation team spend their time learning about the problems, understanding the matter, and supporting a small decent-living country (Ireland)

    * TRUMP

    UK view
    - Theresa May jumps to try and be the second overseas leader to meet Trump, despite his "grab em" behaviour and all the rest of it.

    Scotland & Rest of World
    - First Minister condemns Trump's behaviour, and is acclaimed by Angela Merkel, Macron, Trudeau & others for her leadership on the matter



    And now we have Boris, someone who is happy to lecture people in "bongo bongo land" (his phrase) about people's rights, the rule of law, and due process...
    ...yet is happy to be judge and jury about Russia in the Houses of Parliament yesterday, before any investigations have taken place, slamming Russia and threatening to pull a football team out the world cup.

    You know when the Scots, the Irish, the EU27 via Brussels and now even the Russians are schooling London in the art of being reliable, that the UK is finished, its over.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since September 2014 (to pick a starting point) we have seen UK politicians create the following embarassments on the world stage - that I challenge ANYONE on this forum to say represents Scotland well...

    * TREATMENT OF EU NATIONALS LIVING IN SCOTLAND

    Scottish/Rest of World view
    - on the morning of the Brexit result Scotland (and her political leadership) said clearly to EU nationals living here "This Is Your Home, you are welcome here", and was praised around the world for being so quick and so clear on where we (as a nation) stood on the matter. That's how you treat people.

    UK view - shamelessly refused to guarantee anything for 18 months (June 2016 to Dec 2017) That's not how you treat people.

    * IRISH BORDER

    UK view
    - described it as "the easiest negotiation in history" (Liam Fox) before realising the UK hasn't a clue, and is being worked from the back by the DUP

    Rest of World view
    - while on the other hand the EU negotiation team spend their time learning about the problems, understanding the matter, and supporting a small decent-living country (Ireland)

    * TRUMP

    UK view
    - Theresa May jumps to try and be the second overseas leader to meet Trump, despite his "grab em" behaviour and all the rest of it.

    Scotland & Rest of World
    - First Minister condemns Trump's behaviour, and is acclaimed by Angela Merkel, Macron, Trudeau & others for her leadership on the matter



    And now we have Boris, someone who is happy to lecture people in "bongo bongo land" (his phrase) about people's rights, the rule of law, and due process...
    ...yet is happy to be judge and jury about Russia in the Houses of Parliament yesterday, before any investigations have taken place, slamming Russia and threatening to pull a football team out the world cup.

    You know when the Scots, the Irish, the EU27 via Brussels and now even the Russians are schooling London in the art of being reliable, that the UK is finished, its over.
    I think your being very selective suggesting that they haven't f'd it up on behalf of the rest of us as well

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    12,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I respect your point, but sometimes charisma can win over enemies, Gorbachev springs to mind - he was not your usual Brezhnev-type and he won the hearts and minds of not just Reagan but other leaders in the West. Talking of Reagan, now there was a man with charisma and charm - he relied heavily on the experience of his counsellors and those close to The White House.
    Especially during the McCarthyism years.

  13. #42
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,400
    Im absolutely convinced there will be a war with Russia in this lifetime!

    Where is the proof the Russians did this?

    Could of been the Russians? or even MI5 or MI6!

    More to the question it means the chemicals most likely passed through our security checks also if it was the Russians.

    Russia has always been portrayed tobe the enemy throughout our lifetime.....But id certainly rather have Putin than May anyday of the week!

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More to the question it means the chemicals most likely passed through our security checks also if it was the Russians.
    If it was the Russians, there will not have been any security checks.

  15. #44
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was the Russians, there will not have been any security checks.
    To come through a port or Airport the substance would most likely of been with them though.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    57
    Posts
    26,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it was the Russians, there will not have been any security checks.
    Why is that

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To come through a port or Airport the substance would most likely of been with them though.
    Or already brought in as part of a diplomatic entry which we do not and cannot check?

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  18. #47
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or already brought in as part of a diplomatic entry which we do not and cannot check?
    Diplomatic mail is a crazy thing...


    Onetime when at Schipol,a diplomatic mail bag was there for 2 years....and ended up having 40,000 euros in it.

    Another opened up,and was full of kiddie porn.


    Its unbelievable that its not checked.

    But great point..and an obvious way if it was indeed the Russians.

  19. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That made me chortle


    Embarrassing.

    Foreign Secretary FFS!Diplomacy and this guy cannot be mentioned on the same page.

    He as much represents the views of Scottish people as a nomad from Timbuktu.

    And as for his twattish comments about Russia...that's just ridiculous at this early stage.Nobody knows what happened here.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Diplomatic mail is a crazy thing...


    Onetime when at Schipol,a diplomatic mail bag was there for 2 years....and ended up having 40,000 euros in it.

    Another opened up,and was full of kiddie porn.


    Its unbelievable that its not checked.

    But great point..and an obvious way if it was indeed the Russians.
    Nothing surprises me any more.

    TBH the Russians in particular probably wouldn't have to go that far. Over the last couple of decades at least Russians (but not exclusively ) with money have been able to do pretty much as they like in and around London.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  21. #50
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,640
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or already brought in as part of a diplomatic entry which we do not and cannot check?
    probably already here! This wasn't the Russians, its distraction caused by Westminster and their MI5/6 buddies! No evidence to back it up but I'm not being fooled by this charade.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I respect your point, but sometimes charisma can win over enemies, Gorbachev springs to mind - he was not your usual Brezhnev-type and he won the hearts and minds of not just Reagan but other leaders in the West. Talking of Reagan, now there was a man with charisma and charm - he relied heavily on the experience of his counsellors and those close to The White House.
    Oliver North?

  23. #52
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36,393
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a twat.

    I suppose we can take solace from the fact we have a level of control when it comes to how much power he has. A 'luxury' denied to Russians when it comes to Putin.
    Twat is one of the softer words I'd use to describe the man. Most of the other ones would not pass our filter on here.

  24. #53
    IT is funny how those two people have been walking around for years without being touched but now we want to up the anti with russia this happens, just like the chemical weapons in Syria and lots of other well timed incidents on the world stage - I smell BS

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,469
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IT is funny how those two people have been walking around for years without being touched but now we want to up the anti with russia this happens, just like the chemical weapons in Syria and lots of other well timed incidents on the world stage - I smell BS
    Couldn't agree more.

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    probably already here! This wasn't the Russians, its distraction caused by Westminster and their MI5/6 buddies! No evidence to back it up but I'm not being fooled by this charade.
    You'll not find me jumping to any conclusions. This is a political and media system that gave us the Hillsborough cover up and the Birmingham six to name but a few.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  27. #56
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,469
    Of course the Government has no problem rolling out the red carpet for Prince Mohammad bin Salman and his entourage.

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course the Government has no problem rolling out the red carpet for Prince Mohammad bin Salman and his entourage.
    We were big fans of that nice general pinochet back in the day when very few other governments were.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  29. #58
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,640
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll not find me jumping to any conclusions. This is a political and media system that gave us the Hillsborough cover up and the Birmingham six to name but a few.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I agree :)

  30. #59
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    13,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree but the anti semites would have to be paying him. This is the self interested / absorbed nyaff who has always taken a full salary plus expenses when he was a member of the European parliament.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    He quite freely acted like a member of the Hitler Youth at school...

  31. #60
    When it comea to Russia there's a definite case of the enemy of my enemy with some. A regime that has supressed political opposition, restricted the press, been involved in torture, restricted civil liberties and promotes social conservatism and nationalism being defended by some for little reason other than they aren't the UK or US.

    I have no idea what happened to those 2 people in Salisbury but it's just as plausible they were targeted by the Russians as it is that MI5 carried out the attack.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved