hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 436
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    70
    Posts
    15,115
    Blog Entries
    1

    Suspected Murder of Russians

    Boris Johnson has announced that if Russian State intervention in the suspected attack on the two Russians is established, England’s representation in the World Cup will be in doubt.

    Mr Johnson said that if it emerged Russia was linked to the incident in Salisbury "it would be very difficult to imagine" that UK representation at this summer's football World Cup could go ahead in the "normal way".”

    Then his statement was qualified by his aides :

    Aides to Mr Johnson say he was referring to "officials" - and not the England team.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    47
    Posts
    19,187
    Absolutely ridiculous time to make a statement like that. A lot of speculation, no proof of anything yet.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,524
    Boris talks first and thinks later. Ask the woman in the Iranian jail or the NHS about the £350m a week brexit windfall he spoke about. He's the bellends bellend.

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,151
    He is the ugly epitome of just how far shear privilege alone can get you in this country.

    One of the most depressing sights I have seen was young people in Sunderland queuing up to get selfies taken with him on the day of the EU referendum.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the ugly epitome of just how far shear privilege alone can get you in this country.

    One of the most depressing sights I have seen was young people in Sunderland queuing up to get selfies taken with him on the day of the EU referendum.
    hoe hoe hoe

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Prestonfield
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hoe hoe hoe

  8. #7

  9. #8
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,550
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Seven Nil PSN ID: 0 7 Wii Code: 01011973 07
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.
    If personalities are allowed to run the country we would have Ant and Dec with Graham Norton

  11. #10
    He's a twat.

    I suppose we can take solace from the fact we have a level of control when it comes to how much power he has. A 'luxury' denied to Russians when it comes to Putin.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    24,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the ugly epitome of just how far shear privilege alone can get you in this country.

    One of the most depressing sights I have seen was young people in Sunderland queuing up to get selfies taken with him on the day of the EU referendum.
    Agree very depressing he is so far out of his depth it is embarrassing. His appointment of foreign secretary is up there with Tony Blair being Middle East peace envoy.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If personalities are allowed to run the country we would have Ant and Dec with Graham Norton
    That made me chortle

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.
    I like him too. Needs to do something stronger about these pesky Russians though.

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.
    Personally I'd have bland, wooden, utterly boring but COMPETENT people every day of the week.

    I'm not even all that fussed which party - even the Tories have produced people that I have found almost acceptable in the past.

    Politics was once called show business for ugly people - it isn't. It is the very serious matter of running country. It involves getting our public services right, making appropriate decisions regarding foreign policy and other major decisions correct.

    For that you need intelligence and good judgment. Charisma may help when it comes to persuading the electorate, other politicians and foreign figures but I'd say it is preferable rather than must-have.

    Looks and charm disappear down that list, to me anyway.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    14,524
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like him too. Needs to do something stronger about these pesky Russians though.
    Agree.

    If they don't stop supporting Assad killing people in Syria and don't return the Crimea to Ukraine Boris will pull the England team out of the world cup before they get knocked out and he'll save the fans from a hiding by not having to travel - not all bad then.

    The bully Putin must be quaking in his boots.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #16
    Coaching Staff lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.
    Him and Rees Mogg are the two most dangerous people in the country right now. They use their personality status to hide the fact that they’re right wing *******s who will drag this country into the dark ages as long as they and their mates make a killing from it.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,322
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Him and Rees Mogg are the two most dangerous people in the country right now. They use their personality status to hide the fact that they’re right wing *******s who will drag this country into the dark ages as long as they and their mates make a killing from it.


    The sad thing is that media like the Sun paint them as fun toffs who are a little bit better than you...and so many idiots lap it up.

    Very dangerous individuals.

  19. #18
    Yet another thread diverted and not covering the fact that YET again people in Britain whether Russian spys or not being murdered (oh yeah allegedly) by the Russians, and we turn it into a joke. English govt will do as usual sfa and everything will go back to normal in a couple of days. It really is amazing at to what lengths govts will go not to piss the russians off.

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a twat.

    I suppose we can take solace from the fact we have a level of control when it comes to how much power he has. A 'luxury' denied to Russians when it comes to Putin.
    Unfortunately there are any number of twats in British politics, spread across the various parties.

  21. #20
    Testimonial Due One Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    here and there
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If personalities are allowed to run the country we would have Ant and Dec with Graham Norton
    I'd vote for them

  22. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unfortunately there are any number of twats in British politics, spread across the various parties.
    You won't get many arguments from me. The perfect career path for narcissists.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    The sad thing is that media like the Sun paint them as fun toffs who are a little bit better than you...and so many idiots lap it up.

    Very dangerous individuals.
    They’re being marketed as lovable reality show type people. The difference is that they’re having a major influence on the future of everyone of us.

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I might be one of the few that actually likes Boris.
    I agree that he is privileged, but he does at least have a personality - unlike the usual wooden, bland conservative.
    I do to, too many stuffed shirts in politics

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,404
    Corbyn and co would sort out the Russians I’m sure

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,322
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corbyn and co would sort out the Russians I’m sure
    He’s a Russian spy.

  27. #26
    Never understood the anti-Russian hysteria, Putin was spot on in Syria, spot on in Ukraine, and spot on in Crimea.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Higgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Him and Rees Mogg are the two most dangerous people in the country right now. They use their personality status to hide the fact that they’re right wing *******s who will drag this country into the dark ages as long as they and their mates make a killing from it.
    Rees Mogg is a deeply loathsome individual. A sneering, smug toff who is alarmingly thought of as potential PM. He makes Johnson seem almost appealing.

  29. #28
    And Corbyn is an anti Semitic who has spent a lifetime opposing his own party.What a choice.

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally I'd have bland, wooden, utterly boring but COMPETENT people every day of the week.

    I'm not even all that fussed which party - even the Tories have produced people that I have found almost acceptable in the past.

    Politics was once called show business for ugly people - it isn't. It is the very serious matter of running country. It involves getting our public services right, making appropriate decisions regarding foreign policy and other major decisions correct.

    For that you need intelligence and good judgment. Charisma may help when it comes to persuading the electorate, other politicians and foreign figures but I'd say it is preferable rather than must-have.

    Looks and charm disappear down that list, to me anyway.
    I respect your point, but sometimes charisma can win over enemies, Gorbachev springs to mind - he was not your usual Brezhnev-type and he won the hearts and minds of not just Reagan but other leaders in the West. Talking of Reagan, now there was a man with charisma and charm - he relied heavily on the experience of his counsellors and those close to The White House.

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never understood the anti-Russian hysteria, Putin was spot on in Syria, spot on in Ukraine, and spot on in Crimea.
    Spot on in his attitude towards homosexuality, democracy, free press, civil liberties, childrens rights, orphans and torture as well?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved