hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Motherwell are only 4 behind with a game in hand. Not that I'm taking a keen interest..... so in your scenario they would be 1 behind with a game in hand and killie in front.

Anyway.... none of that matters if we don't do the business on Friday
    Ha yeah I obv. can’t deduct 5 from 9 properly

And our are right we need to win on Friday not just to make sure we stay in the hunt for third but to really put the pressure on them for top 6!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    They will probably sneak in knowing them but nailed on it’s not.

Killie 2 points behind with 2 games in hand

Motherwell 5 points behind 1 game in hand

In fact if we beat them on Friday and both Killie (home to Ross Co) and Well (away to Hamilton) win then they will be 6th only 2 points in front of Well who will have that game in hand...

I know the maths (Well are actually only 4 points behind) but even if the gap is down to one at that stage (which I expect), Motherwell then play Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in their remaining games while Hearts play Dundee, Partick and Aberdeen.

In your scenario, Motherwell would still have to pick up two more points than Hearts from those remaining games. Not impossible but I don’t see it happening. I think Hearts will be good for at least three points and I’d be very surprised if Well were to get as many as five from those games.

Friday is huge in terms of going forward. Remember the tone on here after we put in a poor performance and got beat from them last time.

Turn up and get them beat and we'll have momentum and positivity in spades to carry us into our challenge for Europe... as well as enjoying turning them over once again obviously

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I know the maths (Well are actually only 4 points behind) but even if the gap is down to one at that stage (which I expect), Motherwell then play Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in their remaining games while Hearts play Dundee, Partick and Aberdeen.

In your scenario, Motherwell would still have to pick up two more points than Hearts from those remaining games. Not impossible but I don’t see it happening. I think Hearts will be good for at least three points and I’d be very surprised if Well were to get as many as five from those games.
    True true but Well have picked up after the winter break and you are not accounting for the doom and gloom that will pervade Gorgie way after we pump them on Friday

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    killie pies 1 st.johnstone 0, boyd with his weekly penalty after 30 mins