hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Latest report tonight suggests he's going to be ok, surprise surprise
    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/03/05/hearts-manager-craig-levein-hoping-to-have-captain-christophe-berra-available-for-hibs-clash/?platform=hootsuite

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    A poor concussed header by Berra, ended with a great strike for the winner.

Berra would not want to come off the pitch anyway, but the sheer amount of aimless headers that he made during the game, probably contributed to the ambulance taxi!!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasting his time attempting any "mind games" against us these days. Might have worked in the past, but I don't think Neil Lennon and the squad will be spending too much time worrying about Craig Levein or Hearts. A solid weeks training and if we turn up and play in the manner we can and have come to expect, we'll roast them.
    Yes but in the same way they hoof the ball a lot, having 7 or 8 first team players doubtful on the run into a derby is in their dna. A bit like the Sun and Record running a story intended to sow unease at Hibs in the morning he week of a game.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Somebody should be lined up to give him a “wee knock” early doors, just to test it out.

He will play!

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Somebody should be lined up to give him a “wee knock” early doors, just to test it out.
    Not really sure id be comfortable with a Hibs player doing that when it involves a head injury to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    I don’t think I’d be comfortable if a Hibs player did that either the same as I wouldn’t feel comfortable about playing a Hibs player 5 days after a head knock that was checked out for concussion. Regardless of the magnitude of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not really sure id be comfortable with a Hibs player doing that when it involves a head injury to be honest.
    Its a contact Sport.
    Its berra's problem and its hearts responsibility
    Nothing less
    Hibs for the win

Promising Youngster
    Radio scotland running a feature this morning on Sport Scotland universal rules for handling concussion

Hope Berra plays. Don't want them having any excuses

Berra will make it more difficult and will perhaps save them from a doing but it will have no impact on the result. Hibs will win and we will go 12 points clear with a game in hand.

Never mind Berra , Smash the lot of them !

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but if he's deemed fit enough to play then it's not the responsibility of any Hibs player to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Sorry but if he's deemed fit enough to play then it's not the responsibility of any Hibs player to worry about
    If he plays then put in tackles as normal and make the game physical but that's abit different to deliberately giving him "a wee knock" to the head 5 days after a concussion.

No Hibs player would set out to do that and rightly so.

Well this has control freak Potter written all over it. Hilarious really.

Left by mutual consent!
    If he plays then put in tackles as normal and make the game physical but that's abit different to deliberately giving him "a wee knock" to the head 5 days after a concussion.

It doesn’t have to be a knock to the head. Someone can thunder into him early to get a reaction.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

You are not wrong - but neither should our players pull out of a 50/50 header.

If Hearts medics deem Berra fit to play so soon after a visit to the hospital, then he is as much fair game for a robust tackle as any of the rest of them.

We should also remember that Hearts are at the bottom of the fair play / fouls league - Hibs are not an overly physical team, I would be more concerned at our players getting crocked on friday that Berra TBH.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee16 View Post
    It doesn’t have to be a knock to the head. Someone can thunder into him early to get a reaction.
    Reaction to being thundered into would be to fall to the ground waving his arms. Just as if he had been lightly brushed against.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Reaction to being thundered into would be to fall to the ground waving his arms. Just as if he had been lightly brushed against.
    True. Just ask Steven Fletcher.

Berra is a massive player for them.

He organises the back line and is threat from set pieces.

He does dive a lot if you watch closely and has limited technical ability.

If Hearts didn’t have him this season they would already be bottom 6 as he’s holding them together.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    He is Presley number 2. the number of ridiculous soft fouls these 2 clowns get is incredible. You may as well hand them over the whistle also. Get away with murder.

The rule is simple if a player has sustained concussion then they are on a 14 day stand down this comes form the Scotland team doctor John McLean, how do I know this I was on the course. "if in doubt sit them out"

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Yes but in the same way they hoof the ball a lot, having 7 or 8 first team players doubtful on the run into a derby is in their dna. A bit like the Sun and Record running a story intended to sow unease at Hibs in the morning he week of a game.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    We have far too many experienced players to be bothered by mind games. The main thing is to get the tactics right and I'm sure we will be be pressing them back then looking for the front two to pull their defence out and then the likes of Boyle and Allan to exploit the spaces. The hearts defence looks uncomfortable when the opposition plays the ball quickly. Potter will want to slow it down and have loads of niggly fouls. I'm sure we are going to be well fired up and looking for the win. Need to concentrate at the back especially if we have the vast majority of possession. I'm unusually calm which is not my normal attitude to these games. Should be a cracking atmosphere and I'm sure the players will feed off it.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    The rule is simple if a player has sustained concussion then they are on a 14 day stand down this comes form the Scotland team doctor John McLean, how do I know this I was on the course. "if in doubt sit them out"
    Of course they will probably maintain he had a knock but didnt have concussion.

It will be interesting whether we bring back Bartley or play the same team that started v Aberdeen. Must be a bit of a worry how open we looked for an hour v Killie.

Hopefully true as their defence is far weaker without him and he's their main target man at set pieces but I won't be holding my breath. It wouldn't be the first time they started all the mind games pre-derby where they make out their best players are "out" or "doubtful" then miracuously make the game fully fit.

I remember during the Pressley, Hartley, Skacel etc era (peak Romanov era) they had practically every main first team player "out" or "doubtful" in the lead up to a derby, more or less making out they were going to have to play their youth team yet miraciously again every single first team player started the derby.

Take anything that slimey bunch and their weirdo manager have to say with a pinch of salt. With or without Berra, we are still more than capable of beating them.

So Yammish to use a concussion sufferer to play mind games

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    There is only one Mind Game that is important this week. Natural Order! End of!

Let’s not kid ourselves here. Berra will be fit and I have no doubt he will play on Friday.

I am happy that the boy Mitchell is out as their FB’s are honking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Let’s not kid ourselves here. Berra will be fit and I have no doubt he will play on Friday.

I am happy that the boy Mitchell is out as their FB’s are honking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. I would take a 1-0 victory now.