hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brendan Rogers on Scott Allan

In today Sunday Herald & Scotland on Sunday (can’t do links) BR seem very amenable to a permanent deal for Scott to Hibs. Says he has no problems with him at all and gives him a good bit of praise for being a good lad who has never given him a problem he watched him on video versus Rangers and thought he was excellent. His contract at Celtic runs until the end of next season but some some players seem to be a fit at certain clubs and it seems that way with Scott and Hibs.
    He is not so minded however with a view to permanent deal for Ryan Christie at Aberdeen which he describes as “a different scenario”
    Very encouraging for us surely?
    Last edited by Bobby Moore; 04-03-2018 at 04:24 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Moore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In today Sunday Herald & Scotland on Sunday (can’t do links) BR seem very amenable to a permanent deal for Scott to Hibs. Says he has no problems with him at all and gives him a good bit of praise for being a good lad who has never given him a problem he watched him on video versus Rangers and thought he was excellent. His contract at Celtic runs until the end of next season but some some players seem to be a fit at certain clubs and it seems that way with Scott and Hibs.
    He is not so minded however with a view to permanent deal for Ryan Christie at Aberdeen which he describes as “a different scenario”
    Very encouraging for us surely?
    sounds good. He does realize that Leigh and Hibs is also a good fit?

Great news - but what about Liam Henderson?

It would be terrific if Hibs could get Scott Allan on a permanent deal.
    I am still smarting over Liam Henderson going to Bari - and apparently doing very well - for reportedly £120K. Hibbie Henderson was another ''good fit'' at ER. I know with LH it is primarily a wages thing.
    Maybe after he has made a bob or two in Italy we could expect him back - he is still a young man.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ltic-1-4700157

Could also see Aberdeen making a move for Allan if they can’t keep Christie.

Celtic (Peter Lawell) will unfortunately price Allan out our range.

I think Allan and Christie may be part of the McGinn deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Could also see Aberdeen making a move for Allan if they can’t keep Christie.
    Aberdeen will be in the market for a couple of mid fielders but hopefully Scott Allan realises what he has here and we can get him signed up.

Getting SA on a permanent deal will soften the blow of losing SJM in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    That’d be some deal.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Scott Allan

Ours if we can afford him say BR

Let’s see if we can get this sorted before the end of the season

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    150k I heard.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    150k I heard.

Let's get Petrie on the case right away. Pretty sure we'll get Griffiths in a bogof deal here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    That would be some deal. St Mirren would be getting stiffed out of their cash right enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we have ambitions to regularly break into the top 3 in the league, then having players with the ability of Scott Allan is a must! Next season is potentially one that we can really kick on if the club meet the ambitions of Neil, our biggest problem is replacing SJM with someone with his quality. If we finish the season on a high I.e top 3 then I can see us selling a further 1k on top of our already good ST sales of this season which will help secure better players. We’re deffo on the upward curve, long may it continue.

Sorry merge with other thread, I didn’t see it

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Get it sorted👍

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If McGinn is their target to replace Scott Brown then this may happen.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    There’s not really been anything to link McGinn to Celtic, it just seems to be a given that he’ll go there?

We could easily have both Allan and McGinn here next season.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    With Scott Brown looking to extend his playing days by retiring from international duties I don't think SJM will be his replacement. Hopefully John has his sights set on a move south. I would rally hate to see him in that horrible strip
    signing SA would be a good start for next year. Hopefully keep Dylan as well and that would be a great foundation to build on

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That would be some deal. St Mirren would be getting stiffed out of their cash right enough.

Any kind of swap deal will have nominal valuations attached to it.

If it were to happen (not convinced, but then who saw the Bain-Allan-Murray deal happening) then it might require Hibs making a straight cash contribution to St Mirren.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Allan went to Rangers. Still the team he supports after all.

Testimonial Due
    What McGinn deal ? Has he signed a pre-contract or are you thinking aloud ??

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Allan went to Rangers. Still the team he supports after all.
    Rodgers will never sell SA to them but it sounds like he would sell him to us.

If Allan stands out between now and the end of the season there will be interest in him from elsewhere and there will definitely be interest in Christie from a number of clubs if Celtic show any willingness to let him go. You would need either or both to agree to any swap deal for McGinn and once again wages would be the stumbling block .... Allan has a history of following the money and Christie would attract interest from a good number of clubs who can pay more than us.

If we get to the stage where we need to replace McGinn, McGeouch and Allan we are going to need to think out of the box ... in fact when you look at it come the summer we could be looking for practically a whole new team.

Ambrose ..... could well attract interest from clubs with more money than us.
    Gray ..... has a shocking injury, no guarantee he will be fit for next season.
    Whittaker .... hasn't proved to be the player we thought we were getting and nobody can deny it.
    McGinn .... IMO he will be hugely disappointed if an offer doesn't come in from a decent club, he would see another two or three years at ER as his career stagnating.
    McGeouch .... seems to be stalling over his new contract and Aberdeen seem interested, especially given McLean and Christie might not be there next year.
    Allan .... As I said, it would take a change in mindset from him to sign on at Hibs permanently.
    Barker .... Man City may well be looking to loan him to a championship club or even abroad ... its unusual for a player to spend two seasons on loan at one club.
    McLaren .... Will almost certainly return to Germany, or look for a bigger club .... though he needs to start scoring for us soon if he wants to make the Aussie WC squad.
    Kamberi .... doing so well I can see him returning to Switzerland and getting another go at his parent club.

It could be a long summer ... sigh

Left by mutual consent!
    What a ray of sunshine you are. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    What a ray of sunshine you are. Lol
    I know mate ..... But in all honesty its the situation we are possibly facing.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If Allan stands out between now and the end of the season there will be interest in him from elsewhere and there will definitely be interest in Christie from a number of clubs if Celtic show any willingness to let him go. You would need either or both to agree to any swap deal for McGinn and once again wages would be the stumbling block .... Allan has a history of following the money and Christie would attract interest from a good number of clubs who can pay more than us.

If we get to the stage where we need to replace McGinn, McGeouch and Allan we are going to need to think out of the box ... in fact when you look at it come the summer we could be looking for practically a whole new team.

Ambrose ..... could well attract interest from clubs with more money than us.
    Gray ..... has a shocking injury, no guarantee he will be fit for next season.
    Whittaker .... hasn't proved to be the player we thought we were getting and nobody can deny it.
    McGinn .... IMO he will be hugely disappointed if an offer doesn't come in from a decent club, he would see another two or three years at ER as his career stagnating.
    McGeouch .... seems to be stalling over his new contract and Aberdeen seem interested, especially given McLean and Christie might not be there next year.
    Allan .... As I said, it would take a change in mindset from him to sign on at Hibs permanently.
    Barker .... Man City may well be looking to loan him to a championship club or even abroad ... its unusual for a player to spend two seasons on loan at one club.
    McLaren .... Will almost certainly return to Germany, or look for a bigger club .... though he needs to start scoring for us soon if he wants to make the Aussie WC squad.
    Kamberi .... doing so well I can see him returning to Switzerland and getting another go at his parent club.

It could be a long summer ... sigh
    Kind of get your concerns, but it’s because we’re successful
    Also we will have at least 3 young players featuring more next season, in Porteous, Shaw and Murray. We need to make room for them to develop as well

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Rodgers will never sell SA to them but it sounds like he would sell him to us.
    His contract is up in May so he would be a free agent.

He’s got at least another year at Celtic

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Did he not sign a 4 year deal at Celtc, think he still has 2 years left.