hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend games

Weekend games

St Johnstone v Hamilton off.

Both clubs could face a horrendous pile up. Accies have 7 games to play by the split, while st Johnstone have 6. If Aberdeen killie doesn’t beat the freeze on Saturday it gets replayed on Tuesday, meaning Killie st Johnstone will be off on Wednesday.

With a full week set aside for internationals then it’s looking fairly grim for fitting the games in. Especially as Kilmarnock, st Johnstone and Hamilton all play each other in these games in hand, so they can’t be in the same night(s). Of course it also affects us, regarding the Hamilton fixture. Very surprised they haven’t fast tracked that to this coming Tuesday to get it out of the way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Johnstone v Hamilton off.

Both clubs could face a horrendous pile up. Accies have 7 games to play by the split, while st Johnstone have 6. If Aberdeen killie doesn’t beat the freeze on Saturday it gets replayed on Tuesday, meaning Killie st Johnstone will be off on Wednesday.

With a full week set aside for internationals then it’s looking fairly grim for fitting the games in. Especially as Kilmarnock, st Johnstone and Hamilton all play each other in these games in hand, so they can’t be in the same night(s). Of course it also affects us, regarding the Hamilton fixture. Very surprised they haven’t fast tracked that to this coming Tuesday to get it out of the way.
    They may still do that but are probably put off setting the date for tuesday so long as this weather continues.
    Let's hope it's not on Tuesday night. Far too close to the derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    They may still do that but are probably put off setting the date for tuesday so long as this weather continues.
    Not a lot of choice.

Hamilton then play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Then it is international week, where Scotland play weekend and following midweek.

Then it is the final week of the season with games on both weekends, so only conceivable time to catch up is that midweek.

This means including next midweek we have two midweeks left.

If the Kilmarnock st Johnstone game is also postponed next week due to a cup call off then I don’t see any other option other than us playing next week.

If we were going to play Hamilton on Tuesday it would need to be announced pretty soon , can't see that happening as the parties involved are probably not even at work to put the arrangements in place.

Makes the winter break look all the more ridiculous. 3 games in 5 days, no games for 2 weeks then 5 in 13 days and now more fixture congestion because winter in Scotland doesn't fit an easy to identify pattern.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If we were going to play Hamilton on Tuesday it would need to be announced pretty soon , can't see that happening as the parties involved are probably not even at work to put the arrangements in place.
    If it doesn’t happen then we will either have to play during the international week (no chance) or Hamilton will be playing twice one midweek.

Not a lot of choice.

Hamilton then play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Then it is international week, where Scotland play weekend and following midweek.

Then it is the final week of the season with games on both weekends, so only conceivable time to catch up is that midweek.

This means including next midweek we have two midweeks left.

If the Kilmarnock st Johnstone game is also postponed next week due to a cup call off then I don’t see any other option other than us playing next week.
    The final week of the season you refer to is only the final weekend before the split. There's then another 5 matches to be played.

They could wait and play our match v Hamilton after the split, assuming that the match won't affect the outcome of which teams are in the top/bottom six, which it almost certainly won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The final week of the season you refer to is only the final weekend before the split. There's then another 5 matches to be played.

They could wait and play our match v Hamilton after the split, assuming that the match won't affect the outcome of which teams are in the top/bottom six, which it almost certainly won't.
    Isn’t there already a midweek game after the split? I doubt they’ll be happy going against the grain and letting a top 6 vs bottom 6 match take place during the split..

Another issue is that the Killie, St Johnstone and Hamilton mini series is guaranteed to have a bearing on top/bottom 6.

Why can’t we play it on Saturday? Or Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Pitch / surrounding area might not be playable.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Play what game

Stop it!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What’s the snow like round ER/Leith area
    I live opposite side of town

Isn’t there already a midweek game after the split? I doubt they’ll be happy going against the grain and letting a top 6 vs bottom 6 match take place during the split..

Another issue is that the Killie, St Johnstone and Hamilton mini series is guaranteed to have a bearing on top/bottom 6.
    I'm sure games between top six and bottom six teams during the post split period has happened before. I think there is one midweek set of fixtures during this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they schedule our game for then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm sure games between top six and bottom six teams during the post split period has happened before. I think there is one midweek set of fixtures during this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they schedule our game for then.
    Hamilton would kick up a stink if they are fighting relegation and have to play a top 6 side during that run IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    What’s the snow like round ER/Leith area
    I live opposite side of town
    Not stopped in Leith all afternoon. More constant than yesterday at the same time.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Are the offices even open with the league ?

Surely a decision would have been made if we were to play Tuesday ?

Lots to sort for the club and fans before Tuesday.

Does the league management committee (is there such a thing?) not need to meet to decide ? Which probably won’t take place till Monday if this is what they do.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Winter break is a shambles. Top 6 split an even bigger shambles. Both these things are contributing to far too many games needing squeezed into too small a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    Won't be Tuesday now far too little time to prepare everything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If it doesn’t happen then we will either have to play during the international week (no chance) or Hamilton will be playing twice one midweek.
    Simple solution is play it international friendly weekend and don't allow any of our players away with Scotland...simples. it's only friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Simple solution is play it international friendly weekend and don't allow any of our players away with Scotland...simples. it's only friendlies

Can’t quite see the likes of McGinn not wanting to go away with Scotland.

Can’t just refuse to let them go anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Can’t quite see the likes of McGinn not wanting to go away with Scotland.

Can’t just refuse to let them go anyway.
    Well then we don't play that weekend....bloody needless international friendlies does my head in ...we have no competitive action for months there is really no need whatsoever

Well then we don't play that weekend....bloody needless international friendlies does my head in ...we have no competitive action for months there is really no need whatsoever

We don’t decide on international weekends, fifa does an the fact there’s a World Cup around the corner then of course they will be having a break. It gives Eck a chance to start to mound a squad together for the games later in the year. SFA would’ve been mad to miss out on the chance of games.

We don’t decide on international weekends, fifa does an the fact there’s a World Cup around the corner then of course they will be having a break. It gives Eck a chance to start to mound a squad together for the games later in the year. SFA would’ve been mad to miss out on the chance of games.
    Hamilton can play St Johnstone on the weekend of international break as they have no players selected for anyone as far as I can see and certainly not 3 players to trigger a postponement. They can play on the Friday and then another match can be scheduled for the Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Hamilton can play St Johnstone on the weekend of international break as they have no players selected for anyone as far as I can see and certainly not 3 players to trigger a postponement. They can play on the Friday and then another match can be scheduled for the Monday.
    You don’t need three players in the premiership, you don’t have a game so nothing to postpone.

@hibs.net private member
    Hamilton would kick up a stink if they are fighting relegation and have to play a top 6 side during that run IMO.
    Does it really matter if they have to play us before or after the split? No reason to kick up a stink, they are fighting relegation already

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

We have players that play for other countries other than Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We have players that play for other countries other than Scotland.
    Very true...April it is then

Mark McGhee on commentary for the Celtic Morton game. Finding him really tedious already. Good start from Morton

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    His monotone voice is difficult, but give me McGhee over Andy Walker any day of the week.

Morton starting positively. What a pitiful attendance.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.