hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near Hendo.

I think the snow has been doing something funny to folk!

First I read on here that not all of the cup final squad are legends and now I'm reading that there's someone who was "far more important" in our cup final than the guy who scored two of our three goals!

I honestly love this place at times!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I think the snow has been doing something funny to folk!

First I read on here that not all of the cup final squad are legends and now I'm reading that there's someone who was "far more important" in our cup final than the guy who scored two of our three goals!

I honestly love this place at times!
    The argument that I'm making is that Stokes took several shots in that game. I did say that he was excellent that day. However Hendo was my MOTM, he took the only two chances to influence the result that he had. Stokes scoring two was partially the laws of probability. Take a lot of shots, the more likely you are to score.

Hendo was incisive, clinical to a level that can't be bettered.

Still haven't seen anyone argue against it, just the usual sarcy comments and ignoring the point made ;)

@hibs.net private member
    The argument that I'm making is that Stokes took several shots in that game. I did say that he was excellent that day. However Hendo was my MOTM, he took the only two chances to influence the result that he had. Stokes scoring two was partially the laws of probability. Take a lot of shots, the more likely you are to score.

Still haven't seen anyone argue against it, just the usual sarcy comments and ignoring the point made ;)

Whilst Hendo had a great impact, I've rarely (if ever) seen a better and more dominate contribution from a single player that Stokes in that Cup Final. He was unplayable. Scored two, could have been four or five. It was as good an individual performance that I can ever remember. Stunning . No-one on the pitch matched him that day - he was by some distance MOM.

Liam Henderson was brilliant in his time on the pitch and played a vital role with his two corners. I don't think that can be argued against and I haven't seen anyone trying to do that.

However Stokes' overall play that day was outstanding, not just his two goals. He gave their defence a torrid time (I'm sure James Tavernier will still be having nightmares). His performance epitomised the definition of "unplayable".

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Are you for real ? I love Hendo but not a hope in hell he was more important than Stokes in that final !

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Hendo took two brilliant corners, no disputing that , however Stokes and Gray still had to get on the end of them and direct the ball into the net. I can't make my mind up if you are at the wind up.....if not , this even beats your Fenlon is a better manager than Lennon chat.

Left by mutual consent!

Jeezo.

Henderson took two corners. Glad he did but the boys have still got to get on the end of them and direct them. Way off motm imo

Stokes was miles above anyone that day. If he didn’t play the way he did we wouldn’t be Scottish Cup winners. Henderson played his part but he wasn’t anywhere near MOTM. I’d say 3 or 4 players that day were ahead of him!

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Stop it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by northernhibee View Post
    henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near hendo.
    lolz

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    However Stokes' overall play that day was outstanding, not just his two goals. He gave their defence a torrid time (I'm sure James Tavernier will still be having nightmares). His performance epitomised the definition of "unplayable".
    It was as if he was on fire.

Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves i

You are bang at it.Every Hibs player involved in that majestic day were superb,however Stokes gave the best display ive ever seen from a Hibs player in a Scottish Cup Final and believe me ive seen a few!!!

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Don't start drinking early kids, this is what could happen.