hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wont happen. Hibs have no interest in investing in the team.
    Why? Is it purely financial? I would have thought some investment would bring success and with that, an interest in Hibernian as a whole.

Half the population is female. I'm not sure what % of the crowds at ER are women/girls. 10%-15% maybe?
    The more people that get interested in the (Hibs) game, the better for the club surely?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The general subject has been done to death and invariably ends up with arguments at each extreme end.

However, could Hibs not do something like adding an optional extra to season tickets. Say £5 , all of which goes to the women’s team, and is optional. That way no money is lost from the men’s first team and no one without an interest in the women’s team has to pay towards something they have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Given the number of trophies they've won, I'd say the ladies' team is doing a better job of that than the men's team.

3 league titles, 7 Scottish Cups and 5 League Cups against 4 league titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 3 League Cups. And that was achieved despite being founded 120 years later.
    I think Billy means they need to be a profitable enterprise..... but tbh there are very few teams in the country male or female that can claim that.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Why? Is it purely financial? I would have thought some investment would bring success and with that, an interest in Hibernian as a whole.

Half the population is female. I'm not sure what % of the crowds at ER are women/girls. 10%-15% maybe?
    The more people that get interested in the (Hibs) game, the better for the club surely?
    A quick look on the replies whenever the subject is talked about on here will tell you why. A large percentage are against any investment in the Womens game.

Unbelievably the women have even been told this season that they must find individual sponsorship for themselves in order to cover costs for the Community aspect.

The idea of people being asked to pay a little extra in their ST is a no brainer to me....nothing to stop people saying NO but I'm sure plenty would say yes.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Is this too silly?
    How about an exhibition game to raise funds for the womens team.
    Hibs ex. players (with some current players as guests?) v the ladies team. Could be played at ER, East Mains or a local Junior ground.
    ER would be preferable. The game could be played at the end of the season so as not to conflict with fixtures.
    Surely the outlay would be easily absorbed by Hibs. I'm sure the money generated would go a long way to helping the ladies team.

A quick look on the replies whenever the subject is talked about on here will tell you why. A large percentage are against any investment in the Womens game.

Unbelievably the women have even been told this season that they must find individual sponsorship for themselves in order to cover costs for the Community aspect.

The idea of people being asked to pay a little extra in their ST is a no brainer to me....nothing to stop people saying NO but I'm sure plenty would say yes.
    Totally agree underscore, I personally think it's a disgrace that they have to find individual sponsorship to cover costs for the Community aspect. Hibernian Ladies have been a credit to the club, raising our profile even if it's in a smaller way, consistently winning trophies virtually every season, and financially they get pretty well the square root of bugger all from Hibs. I would have no problem at all about paying a wee bit more on my ST if it helped them out, but others might have a different point of view I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think Billy means they need to be a profitable enterprise..... but tbh there are very few teams in the country male or female that can claim that.
    Sorry that what I meant, much as it would be difficult