hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dylan mcgeouch

If his performance drops, we can think about playing silly beggars with his contract offer.

There's an offer on the table, he's playing well in a team that's playing well.

Patience chaps.

If he stays, great. If he moves on, so do we.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If his performance drops, we can think about playing silly beggars with his contract offer.

There's an offer on the table, he's playing well in a team that's playing well.

Patience chaps.

If he stays, great. If he moves on, so do we.

The 2nd offer is on the table.

Just have to let this one play out.

Have not looked to closely at all the posts but if D wants to leave. Hey ho it happens at all clubs. He is still a 21/05/2016 and that’s all that matters for me.

Have any of the departees of the class of 21.5.16 gone on to bigger and better things? Niklas Gunnarsson's club Djurgården finished 3rd and have qualified for the Europa League so arguably he has, but his departure was due to him reaching the end of his loan spell. Same with Hendo who had only just got his move to Bari so it's too early to say if it's a good move or not.

Hopefully Dylan will realise how good he has it with Hibs and signs the extension.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I get what you, underscore and others are saying about him I just don't happen to agree with it. I've never once said he's not a decent player, and I've watched enough football over my lifetime to appreciate a team needs different types of players who complement each other. I just don't get the love in with him and feel his actual contribution in a game is far less than is made out. Keeping possession is of course a good thing, but taking it off the back four and passing it straight back doesn't get me waxing lyrical about what a great player he is - and I feel he does that too often. He has the ability to do more, when he gets in a decent position I want to see him take more responsibility, drive into the box, take a shot, not take the easy option as he usually does.

You refer to him as a quarterback but a quarterback is the main man, the guy who makes things happen where it matters, that's not and never has been McGeouch. I'd say that would be better attributed to Scott Allan, but that's a totally different discussion.

As I've said before I know I'm in the minority but while he plays in his current manner I'll never understand why he gets such high praise, in the same way those who rate him so highly will not understand why I don't feel that way.
    Watch back the first derby of the season he was amazing that night. Totally ran the game.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    I may be imagining it, but I thought somebody posted fairly recently that we should expect good news soon about Dylan.
    Maybe they could supply an update ?

GGTTH

GGTTH

Testimonial Due

Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    I may be imagining it, but I thought somebody posted fairly recently that we should expect good news soon about Dylan.
    Maybe they could supply an update ?

GGTTH
    Yes I had that dream too!

@hibs.net private member
    Spoke to him in Portugal and asked if he was staying he said he really wasn’t sure as it was down to his agent. Now not sure if he genuinely expected us to believe that or it was just a get out of jail free card from the conversation but are footballers that thick that they leave decisions like this to their agents? Or do they think we’re thick enough to buy this excuse?

Really hope he stays but not holding out much hope.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Watch back the first derby of the season he was amazing that night. Totally ran the game.
    He was unbelievable that night.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Strange to think we might be without mcginn, mcgeouch and (obviously) Allan next season, as well as being without our two current strikers, we might sign kamberi...another rebuilding job needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Strange to think we might be without mcginn, mcgeouch and (obviously) Allan next season, as well as being without our two current strikers, we might sign kamberi...another rebuilding job needed.
    In Lennon we trust... except when it comes to keeping the heid on the touchline.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Totally agree, in one of my earlier posts I said he was outstanding that night, playing in much more advanced position. It's the best I've seen him in a Hibs jersey. That's my main issue with him he has that ability to effect a game where it matters, just doesn't do that enough imo. To the poster who suggested he plays to the instructions from the manager was he told that night to push forward and every other game to sit deep ??

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    We’re not telling him he’s not wanted - there’s an offer on the table for him.

He’s kinda saying he doesn’t want to be here next year by not signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's difficult to see why he would regard the offer being withdrawn as anything else.

Right now McGeouch hasn't made his mind up because he wants to keep his options open. Let's hope he makes the right choice when he does decide.

It's a difficult situation as Hibs have upped their offer which is now on the table, I'd be disappointed if he didn't sign and went elsewhere just for a few extra pennies. I think maybe a wee push from Lennon and Leeann explaining that if he's unwilling to sign he must let Hibs know his plans soon so we as a club can plan for the forthcoming season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's a difficult situation as Hibs have upped their offer which is now on the table, I'd be disappointed if he didn't sign and went elsewhere just for a few extra pennies. I think maybe a wee push from Lennon and Leeann explaining that if he's unwilling to sign he must let Hibs know his plans soon so we as a club can plan for the forthcoming season.
    Sounds like a bit of game playing no doubt by the agent to get a better deal we will just need to see how it goes.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Can understand him waiting, but it is a risk. With us being guaranteed top 6 he's going to have (provided he stays free from injury) a chance to play in more big games and show to us (or prospective employers) that he's worth even more than what's on the table. If he plays a part in getting us to third, and us getting a much larger chunk of money from that, we may well increase the offer more.

Things are in his favour, but if he were to get injured, he could be really stuck.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Good player but not as good as he possibly thinks. One thing is for sure is - play well for Hibs and you get noticed, play well for another team and your career can stagnate. So, while McGinn and McGeouch would be massive losses, we'd move on and hopefully identify players with equal or greater talent.

Being critical of them both, when they both have poor games they can be posted missing and that is a huge problem if they are playing as a 2 in the middle. Bartley at least challenges and puts himself about, against Kilmarnock McGinn couldn't get close enough to tackle and McGeouch could barely pass to his own teammates. They both need to improve their impact on games when they are having a bad game. Disappearing isn't the answer. I'm sure they know this but I hope an agent isn't influencing them into thinking that they are some wonder player. They are both good but I doubt Real Madrid are interested.