hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.
    Totally agree. That's the game I saw.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments.
    Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 down in the first 30 minutes.
    His comments that Killie dominated the whole match were disrespectful and innacurate in the extreme.
    No class Clark reminds me of a certain Mr Houston.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 25-02-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.
    Seriously? From where I was sat, we were struggling from about 25-30 mins in and never looked liked getting back in to it. I said somewhere else, we needed some sort of tactical change (way over my head) but somethinghad to give. Was very similar to us against sheep last week, we were bang on the money against them for the most part, today Killie got it right. A good point overall.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.
    I agree.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    I agree with NL. The pitch is a big advantage to them
    Yes but then surely a disadvantage when away equally? Rocky ssaved us a doing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Kamberi's miss saved them a doing

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments. Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer, and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 or 5 down in the first 30 minutes. His comments suggested that his team dominated the whole match and that hibs were gifted two easy scoring opportunities.
    You have to be joking here. Lennon blamed the pitch and claimed it was responsible for their good form, then attacked (justifiably) the referee. Allow the man to have a little bias towards his club eh.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    You have to be joking here. Lennon blamed the pitch and claimed it was responsible for their good form, then attacked (justifiably) the referee. Allow the man to have a little bias towards his club eh.
    Eh? My post referred to Steve Clark and his take on the game. A manager can be biased towards his team but still be magnanimous and credit the opposition. Steve Clark was not magnanimous, nor did he credit Hibs for taking his team apart in the first 30minutes - thus my post.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    You ever played football?

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.
    ridiculous when a manager sticks up for his team eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    ridiculous when a manager sticks up for his team eh ?
    It surprised me because after the last game against Killie at Easter Road he thought Hibs were well on top and that his team had got off lightly. Kilmarnock were clearly the better side in the 2nd half, nobody can debate that, but they certainly didn't dominate the 1st half. I can only go with the commentary that I was listening to, and the comments on here, as I said, I wasn't at the game.

Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments. Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer, and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 or 5 down in the first 30 minutes. His comments suggested that his team dominated the whole match and that hibs were gifted two easy scoring opportunities.
    I disagree. I think Clarke was spot on. Comparing him to Houston is like comparing Bill Clinton (dodgy) to Donald Trump (off the scale ******** and headbanger).

That said I like ‘No Class Clarke’ as a nickname (probably due to its very unfairness) and I hope it sticks.

Way I saw it Hibs had 2 good chances to make it 3 before half time , then it goes into the was it wasnt scenario,was it a corner they scored their first then we had was it wasnt it a penalty and they kicked on for the rest of the 2nd half Rocky had some brilliant saves one a worldy class tip over the bar ,TBH I thought a draw was a fare enough result, they had us on the ropes a wee bit at the end but we hung on. If `s to easy a word to use in football but if we score number 3 the games over and Lennons not in the stand ,yeah it's a big if.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Who actually gives a **** if another manager of an opposing team gives Hibs credit or not? We are there to win. Not to gain praise from Steve Clarke. I personally couldn't give 2 hoots what he, or any other manager has to say!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Yes it’s a funny old game . We’re winning 2-0 and unlucky not to increase our lead but credit to Killie on their second half performance,albeit helped by some dodgy referee decisions. Killie had won the last seven games on the bounce at home . Yes the pitch has been a big help to them in that run .
    Now we focus on getting three points against Hamilton on Wed evening. Mon the cabbage.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Eh? My post referred to Steve Clark and his take on the game. A manager can be biased towards his team but still be magnanimous and credit the opposition. Steve Clark was not magnanimous, nor did he credit Hibs for taking his team apart in the first 30minutes - thus my post.
    My point is if Steve Clarke’s post-game interview lacks class then how would you describe Lennon’s?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    My point is if Steve Clarke’s post-game interview lacks class then how would you describe Lennon’s?
    Telling the truth about decisions that ultimately cost Hibs the game. Poor decisions by the officials directly contributed to both Kilmarnock goals. Hibs weren't playing well second half but we may not have lost any goals but for poor or inept or cheating officials. Take your pick on what word you would use to describe them

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Telling the truth about decisions that ultimately cost Hibs the game. Poor decisions by the officials directly contributed to both Kilmarnock goals. Hibs weren't playing well second half but we may not have lost any goals but for poor or inept or cheating officials. Take your pick on what word you would use to describe them
    The post I’m quoting was about Clarke not giving Hibs any credit and comparing him to Houston. However Lennon himself, quite the opposite of giving credit, attributed Killie’s run of form to their pitch. Just saying it’s unfair on Clarke, that’s all.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs played well for 20 minutes, Killie played well for 70 minutes, had more shots, corners and possession but the only stat that counts is goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MGmick View Post
    Totally agree. That's the game I saw.
    I saw this too. Our midfield was overran time and time again. Tin hat firmly on here. I also so our manager do nothing to change our shape or personnel to combat this until it was too late.

Not saying changing anything would have had a different result but Kilmarnock had numerous chances 5-6 that Rocky saved to score on top of the two that they did and we did absolutely nothing tactically to change this.

Blame the pitch, blame the players blame the ref too, I give NL praise when the team does well and this game for me the tactical change in manpower or tactics was not there when needed.

GGTTH
    Last edited by southern hibby; 25-02-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Kamberi missed a great chance to make it 3-0.

No way they would have come back from that

@hibs.net private member
    First 15 minutes or so Hibs looked capable of scoring every time we broke forward - which was very often! At that stage Hibs were totally dominant and perhaps should have scored one or two more. So, even if for the large chunks of the game Killie went on to be totally dominant and thoroughly deserved to score their way back into the game, you've got to say that Clark's comments are factually incorrect. Killie categorically did NOT dominate the whole game and, considering what an utter shambles they were in the opening period, a draw was a fair enough result.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    I’d agree with this. We were in control for the first 20-25 minutes, then stopped trying for some unknown reason.
    I would guess the hibs players started to pat themselves on the back for a job well done, need to be reminded its a 90 min game.