hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clarke's post match comments

Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He’s mostly right. They pretty much controlled two thirds of the game.

From 30 mins they controlled the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yip 25-30 minutes was fine, then over run....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

I’d say first 30 mins we were better but after that they were better. Happy with the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I’d agree with this. We were in control for the first 20-25 minutes, then stopped trying for some unknown reason.

From about the 25-30th minute onwards, they were in complete control of almost every aspect of the game.

If I was him, I would have been annoyed at not winning as well.

TBH, they deserved the three points.

As other have said, aside from the first 25-30 minutes, they were easily the better side. I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.

He's mostly right. We were lucky ti get the point in the end. Could be a huge point mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.
    It’s why we’ll likely finish 4th, still just lacking those consistently good performances week after week. That being said, a point at Killie isn’t a bad result given their form. They battered us second half.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Rocky .(officially) didn’t have a save to make first half. There’s obviously different kinds of domination. I’ll give him the second 45.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Rocky .(officially) didn’t have a save to make first half. There’s obviously different kinds of domination. I’ll give him the second 45.
    Most of the radio pundits saw it this way too and couldn't understand where Clarke was coming from in his assessment.

There is having a lot of the ball and there is creating chances. They created a couple of chances in the first half none on target as I recall. We seemed to be playing a counter attacking game which allowed them a lot of the ball. Second half they created more. We were wasteful in possesion. I think the game could've gone either way and they got very lucky with the penalty, from getting it to netting the rebound.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    How many times have we complained that Hibs have dominated games without creating chances?

Having said that, they did hit the post from a deflected shot which was goal bound.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Michael Stewart probably summed it up best on radio after the game - Hibs dominated the first half and Kilmarnock dominated the second, but with Kilmarnock dominating the second half more than we dominated the first, so they slightly edged it but draw was right result.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    There is having a lot of the ball and there is creating chances. They created a couple of chances in the first half none on target as I recall. We seemed to be playing a counter attacking game which allowed them a lot of the ball. Second half they created more. We were wasteful in possesion. I think the game could've gone either way and they got very lucky with the penalty, from getting it to netting the rebound.
    The fat boydman interviewed right after the game said they dominated the game from the tenth min on, just seems to be a different take on things out that way, Hibs first half, Kilie much more dominant second half with great assistance from the ref and *****y pitch.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How many times have we complained that Hibs have dominated games without creating chances?

Having said that, they did hit the post from a deflected shot which was goal bound.
    Not many. We usually create the chances but fail to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Michael Stewart probably summed it up best on radio after the game - Hibs dominated the first half and Kilmarnock dominated the second, but with Kilmarnock dominating the second half more than we dominated the first, so they slightly edged it but draw was right result.
    Spot on. Hibs had the lions share of the 1st half and Killie a lions share of the 2nd.
    Hibs could have been 4 or 5 nil up before Killie came into the game. So, a draw is satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab apple View Post
    Most of the radio pundits saw it this way too and couldn't understand where Clarke was coming from in his assessment.
    The radio pundits were blown away by how much Hibs were dominating Killie and they were struggling to think of how Killie would get into the game.
    These neutral punters tend to be more balanced in how they see a game. They are not as emotionally charged up/connected to either team. Some of the live match posts by one or two fellow Hibbies are completely O.T.T. and paint a picture of utter despair and doom and gloom. For all of Killies efforts, our boys stuck at it, defended superbly and walked away, heads held high with a well-deserved point to put 10 points between ourselves and The Jambos.

Killie were lucky they scored with an absolute cracking strike. They were huffing and puffing before it.They were clearly lifted by that but were still fortunate to get the penalty.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    From about the 25-30th minute onwards, they were in complete control of almost every aspect of the game.

If I was him, I would have been annoyed at not winning as well.
    Indeed, once I heard Cliff Pike say the game stats at about the 80th minute I realized that a draw was a fortunate result. 1 point for Ofir.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Killie were lucky they scored with an absolute cracking strike. They were huffing and puffing before it.They were clearly lifted by that but were still fortunate to get the penalty.
    They could have had 5 without the penalty.

Killie were more dominant in the second half than we were for the first half an hour. We looked good on the counter the first 30 whereas they were battering us at times second half

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    TBH, they deserved the three points.

As other have said, aside from the first 25-30 minutes, they were easily the better side. I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.
    Hibs weren't that bad, Killie are clearly much more comfortable on the plastic pitch. Kamberi makes it 3 0 and it's game finished.

Killie play really nice football and deserved the draw

I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.

@hibs.net private member
    I got home from my son's game about half an hour into game and put it on tv - I barely saw the ball in their half from then until half time. We were completely on the back foot in that period - moreso than in the second half I thought

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.
    Totally agree. We needed HT to regroup after 15 mins because we totally lost our way. It just never happened. We were lucky to hang on, Rocky made a couple of great saves. That aside I think that was the worst I have seen us play since Aberdeen away.

Quote Originally Posted by AZhibee View Post
    They could have had 5 without the penalty.
    They would need to be good enough to score from five chances. They weren't so they couldn't have had five.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

That saves ne a bit of typing. Totally agree with you. Some of our players thought the game was over after 10 minutes.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    That saves ne a bit of typing. Totally agree with you. Some of our players thought the game was over after 10 minutes.
    I agree with NL. The pitch is a big advantage to them