hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terrible decision

Ryan is turning his back and it hits the under side of his arm, well under shoulder height

No intention, not a clear goal saving block or no swipe action to make contact

Considering we didn’t get a penalty vs therangers at Easter Road pre Christmas when the defender dipped down to bat it away with his arm

Shocking inconsistency from our favourite morons at the sfa

Lennon was correct in his reaction
    I disagree with your post only in terms of the length of time it is never a penalty. I'd say nearer 10 million years.

Clancy's face seconds after he gave it betrayed him. He's not a cheat, imo, but is a referee who gives decisions on impulse and then regrets them.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    A handball should not be awarded if a player is ruled to have handled the ball accidentally. This refers to a player either attempting to protect himself from injury, for example by placing the hands in front of the face and then being hit by the ball, or a player being hit on the arm by the ball without moving towards the ball and without being able to move out of the way. An example might be a snap shot hitting the arm of a defender at point-blank range. However, if a player’s arm is in an unnatural position, for example outstretched or above their head, then a foul should be awarded whether accidental or not.....FIFA definition of a not awardable penalty.
    Ryans arm was by his side, not in an unnatural position, nor was he moving towards the ball and could not get out of the way.So going by the laws of the game, that should never have been awarded.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Walker is massively anti-Hibs. He was despondent when discussing our goals (trying to disallow the first) and delighted by theirs.

As regards the refereeing, I'd have claimed for that as a penalty if I was at the game but not watching on TV. Clancy clearly got it wrong as Porteous' arm was next to his body, unlike at Easter Road where the Sevco player actually reached out for the ball.

And on the subject of linesmen guessing, why do they guess in favour of the defence when Shaw puts the ball over the line and in favour of the attacker when Marciano stops the ball?

Hmmm, I sound like a Celtc supporter after typing that so I'm going to hold a bar of soap for the rest of the evening.
    Just call it as you see it and give your opinion in absence of wrongfully worrying about how your'e portrayed by some. If you're giving an honest opinion don't give a flying ruck if anyone might think you sound like a Sellick fan or a fan of any other club for that matter. The protected elite just love nothing more than their plans being dismissed as 'conspiracy theories'.

mon the cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Just call it as you see it and give your opinion in absence of wrongfully worrying about how your'e portrayed by some. If you're giving an honest opinion don't give a flying ruck if anyone might think you sound like a Sellick fan or a fan of any other club for that matter. The protected elite just love nothing more than their plans being dismissed as 'conspiracy theories'.

mon the cabbage!!!
    Cheers - it was intended as a dig at Celtc.

I've had almost fifty years of being a Hibs fan, so I'm not going to be affected by what anyone on the internet says about me
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Cheers - it was intended as a dig at Celtc.

I've had almost fifty years of being a Hibs fan, so I'm not going to be affected by what anyone on the internet says about me

mon the cabbage!!!

Ball to man, Clancy is an arshole.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Some of the more tech savvy posters will no doubt be able to link clips of yesterday's decision and the rangers one at ER and the pose the question. "Which one did the same referee deem as intentional and award a penalty and which one did he ignore and give nothing?" Clancy is a ****ing cheat as well as a dreadful ref. A bad combination when put together

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    The frustrating thing for me is how the officials are prepared to guess about the ball crossing the line when it's against us but not when it's in our favour at Tiny.

The penalty was a shocker. It's just guesswork from Clancy again, imho. If he's seen that properly then there's no way he'd give the penalty. Or at least you'd think there's no way he'd give the penalty given that he saw the The Rangers handball against us and decided that wasn't a penalty.

Clancy is a horrendous referee, hee never looks confident in his decisions and seems to know he's made the wrong call but just goes with it anyway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Ball to man, Clancy is an arshole.
    Not an asshole as it was job done. It keeps us off The Rangers tail.
    There's no point in playing when the dice is loaded, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    What bothers me more is how the F..k could Clancy and the linesman give a corner before the first when after watching the replays no one could tell if the ball was out and that clown Walkers comments nearly had me throwing some'n at the telly.
    The only way that corner could have been given,
    would have been if the lino had X-ray vision.
    Shocking amount of guesswork by Clancy and his cohorts.