hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Efe have a think eh.

I know there were a lot of players whom didn't turn up for sections of that match but Efe for me had a nightmare that led to the passage of play for penalty.

I like the big man but ffs have a think back there and don't fanny about, **** happens but let's not help teams.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Every week without fail, even if he's having a good game I seem to find myself saying "**** sake Efe what ye dain!!??"

There's times he just need to clear it. Puts us in some tough situations with some ridiculous moments

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every week without fail, even if he's having a good game I seem to find myself saying "**** sake Efe what ye dain!!??"

There's times he just need to clear it. Puts us in some tough situations with some ridiculous moments
    **** off. No way was he to blame for only getting a point. Just jumping on the Efe moment bandwagon. Killie were decent. Killie have been decent for ages.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather have Efe with his 'faults'. Without them, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Also it was never a penalty

@hibs.net private member
    Funny how no mention of him being our best player in a mixed First half ...where he had Jones in his pocket

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    One of our most frustrating players ever. Brings new meaning to the saying ‘sublime to the ridiculous’. Immense last week but cost us both goals today The sequence of corners for the first started by his complete reluctance to just empty the ball. Exact same for the free kick. He’ll never change either. Simple isn’t in his vocab.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicoM1875 View Post
    **** off. No way was he to blame for only getting a point. Just jumping on the Efe moment bandwagon. Killie were decent. Killie have been decent for ages.
    Yes he is him and a few others actually and they should be thanking Rocky we never lost. Forget the goals all the players were getting ripped new ones and Rocky saved them.

Efe IMO this afternoon was terrible and I will call it on here and when folk are good I will call it. If someone thinks players were worse then they are free to start a thread stating so, or if they feel do not want to slate anyone then fine.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Funny how no mention of him being our best player in a mixed First half ...where he had Jones in his pocket
    You just have.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Yes he is him and a few others actually and they should be thanking Rocky we never lost. Forget the goals all the players were getting ripped new ones and Rocky saved them.

Efe IMO this afternoon was terrible and I will call it on here and when folk are good I will call it. If someone thinks players were worse then they are free to start a thread stating so.
    If you genuinely think that - then you must have watched the first half with a blindfold. He had a great first 45 mins

Left by mutual consent!
    If you genuinely think that - then you must have watched the first half with a blindfold. He had a great first 45 mins
    The game last time I saw lasted 90mins. You disagree that's fine. David Seaman had a fine 89 mins v Real Zaragoza, I will rate players on contribution for entire match.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 24-02-2018 at 03:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member

Efe have a think eh.

The game last time I saw lasted 90mins. You disagree that's fine.
    You said he was terrible this week...he wasn’t. He had a few poor decisions after an excellent first half and you’ve badged him terrible.

Yes , I Certainly disagree with your analysis

I know there were a lot of players whom didn't turn up for sections of that match but Efe for me had a nightmare that led to the passage of play for penalty.

I like the big man but ffs have a think back there and don't fanny about, **** happens but let's not help teams.
    It was never a penalty so it would not matter what he done, he does give me the *****'s at times but rather have him than be without.

Left by mutual consent!
    You said he was terrible this week...he wasn’t. He had a few our decisions after an excellent first half and you’ve badged him terrible.

Yes , I Certainly disagree with your analysis
    I'm not interested in how good a player was in a particular spell of a match ultimately he was not good enough today as we're plenty of others.

Zibi had a good spell up until he made an error in a match is that what we are to concentrate on? Just take segments of matches and rate on that.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 24-02-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Regardless Efe was poor today and hopefully will not be next game.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not interested in how good a player was in a particular spell of a match ultimately he was not good enough today as we're plenty of others.

Zibi had a good spell up until he made an error in a match is that what we are to concentrate on? Just take segments of matches and rate on that.
    Nah, clearly according to you we take his worst moment and judge him on that...rather than using the facts over the whole 90 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Nah, clearly according to you we take his worst moment and judge him on that...rather than using the facts over the whole 90 mins.

Indeed that is what I am doing judging him on his errors today.

@hibs.net private member
    Indeed that is what I am doing judging him on his errors today.
    Yes I noticed....

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoM1875 View Post

At which point in my post did I blame Ambrose for us only taking a point? Your making up ***** now.

That's the frustration tho mate...1st half your correct he was brilliant and we all know he's capable of that. But as good as he was in the 1st he was dreadful most of 2nd half and his casual attitude lead to the 1st goal...as well as Killie getting a corner that never was

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's the old story though - if Efe played at the level he is capable of without the odd crazy moment/ phase then he'd still be at Celtic. The fact such a supremely talented defender can have 30 minutes like he did yesterday means they allowed him to come to Hibs, but we are still lucky to have him. I thought he looked very uncomfortable on that pitch when he had to turn or twist his body.

Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    I'd rather have Efe with his 'faults'. Without them, we wouldn't be able to afford him.

Your ur right if effe never had these occasional blips, there would be no way he would be at hibs, had a game of 2 halves certainly not terrible I've seen worse.

Like Efe, prone to occasional laps, does much more good than bad though.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Really like Efe, he’s the best right back we have and I do enjoy watching him play at times.

He has his dodgy moments but also some fantastic runs forward which make him look a class above others.

Can’t stand the terms bombscare etc fans occasionally use with him - was same with Sol Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    That's the frustration tho mate...1st half your correct he was brilliant and we all know he's capable of that. But as good as he was in the 1st he was dreadful most of 2nd half and his casual attitude lead to the 1st goal...as well as Killie getting a corner that never was

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    He shows flashes of class but he needs to stop strolling about. This is the SPL not the Cup of Nations.

At which point in my post did I blame Ambrose for us only taking a point? Your making up ***** now.
    Possibly making **** up. Had a few lagers at the time. However Efe was one of the better players yesterday. Our midfield was much worse than him.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    He shows flashes of class but he needs to stop strolling about. This is the SPL not the Cup of Nations.
    Not so sure he strolls about, a real athlete with a good turn of pace.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This is the spl, not an international tournament with many world class players? Doubt he stolled about at that level mate

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This is the spl, not an international tournament with many world class players? Doubt he stolled about at that level mate
    Yeah he would because it's so hot in the sun, mate!

@hibs.net private member
    He played well yesterday but like all SPLF players he makes mistakes. Overall he’s been a good signing