hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Looking at the game as a whole

I think that's a good point. Playing away to a vastly improved Kilmarnock team on a stinker of a pitch. It keeps our run going and we are in touch with Aberdeen who have a tough game tomorrow.

The negatives for me is what happened after the 20 minute mark. Lennon takes credit for last week but he has to take the hit today. McGinn/Boyle had to come off with Big Marv coming in. These changes should have been made at half time. The warning signs were there and its concerning that Lennon didn't see that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's a good point. Playing away to a vastly improved Kilmarnock team on a stinker of a pitch. It keeps our run going and we are in touch with Aberdeen who have a tough game tomorrow.

The negatives for me is what happened after the 20 minute mark. Lennon takes credit for last week but he has to take the hit today. McGinn/Boyle had to come off with Big Marv coming in. These changes should have been made at half time. The warning signs were there and its concerning that Lennon didn't see that.
    Would have taken a point before the game and am delighted with 1 after the way it played out.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Aggrieved about the pen, but given the pressure we faced at 2-2, it's a really good point.

It’s a good point on that surface against a good side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky to get a point. So yes, a decent enough one on paper. But the players really will need to look at themselves for such timid capitulation.

Clancy...I'm too disgusted to say.

Started great, but for most of the game they were much better than us. A point gained.
    Last edited by Nakedmanoncrack; 24-02-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Before the game it was going to be toughest test before the split. We got a point and a very good point. They have deservedly beat Celtic and rangers at rugby park. Killie playing like that would blow any team away at rugby park

Could do with the Huns and diet Huns drawing, and Aberdeen losing tomorrow. We've got an easier run of fixtures now, certainly compared to the tough games we've had recently so it's a decent enough point to keep us going.

Left by mutual consent!
    From 2pts chucked to 1pt gained absolute panic and flapping for a good 25mins.

Not sure if we just didn't have the personnel, however after 20 minutes it was obvious that our midfield weren't in the game and we needed to change but nothing happened. The Kilmarnock goal was coming a mile away and it was a matter of time before NL lost the plot. I can't tell if the players weren't doing what was being asked of them or the tactics were all wrong.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Keeps the gap over them to 12 points, albeit they have 2 games in hand. So for me a decent point gained against a team playing with confidence, on a ****ty artificial surface..

Pitch is horrible and a huge advantage to Killie. We looked uncomfortable on it even at 2-0 up. Hanlon was a miss today just for his composure on the ball, even though Porteous had a good game.

A good point which may end up closing the gap on Rangers & Aberdeen, lets see how their games go.

I thought we were lucky to get the point. I'm not going to get into the penalty debate- but it was a poor second half from us. Onwards & upwards though.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Agreed,NL always seems too slow to change things when all is clearly not right on the pitch,seems to be an ongoing weakness in his overall tactics.