hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TC. He overreacted after being sent off - that’s him as a man - passionate , emotional

But no ones knows whether he should be sent off....as we don’t know what happened

the ref has given a pen wrongly, his second big call against us this season. I don’t mind Lennon getting angry about it

He will take his deserved Punishment , yet the ref gets away with big errors each week
    All them so called errors mount up and cost us point and lost revenue far to much to just be down to poor ref's?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Rocky saved us today, that was the difference from 1 point and 0 points.
    No, incorrect penalty denies us a win. Rocky doing what he's paid to (very well). Referee the opposite.

His actions today could cost us dearly. He’ll face a huge ban given his previous history! What example does it set to the players.

I'll tell you what example it sets to the players

HE CARES

And I'm sure that runs of on the players

Promising Youngster danderchook's Avatar
    Basically Lennons asking how Glancy doesn’t give us a blatant pen v The Rangers yet gives that one today and we get a perfectly good goal ruled out at Tynecastle but the linesman guesses that the ball is out for a corner today , unless he can see through Rocky of course !!!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I don’t think some are understanding this. Not a dig at you btw, but read the posts again. Myself and couple others saying he can’t act the way he did that’s a fact. I don’t make the rules but Lennon broke them the way he acted. I love a manager who sticks up for the team it’s refreshing but do it in a way that won’t harm us or find himself with a ban.

It’s fine saying “he’s only sticking up for us” but he bigger picture is he’ll be missed in the dugout which is the last thing we need.

As for refs we say it every week, something must be done as they seem to be getting worse and it’s not just our games either it’s games all over Scotland it’s beyond bad.

I'm sorry but I really don't think this is the bigger picture.

Firstly he can manage perfectly well from the stand - some other managers have actually done that by choice.

Secondly the bigger picture is refereeing that is either incompetent or corrupt and the only way to really make an issue of that kind of thing is by doing exactly what Neil did. Comments afterwards in the interview or whatever are what every manager does - that's routine and makes no difference whatsoever. By making a very big deal of this in the way that he has he's made it far more visible, put the referee in question under the spotlight and made clear that whatever else happens he and Hibs are not going to meekly be the whipping boys of joke referees and their sanctioned, routine exercising of wee-man syndrome on the pitch. That's if it is wee-man syndrome rather than something far worse...

It must be exhausting constantly flip-flopping between one extreme and the other.

TC. He overreacted after being sent off - that’s him as a man - passionate , emotional

But no ones knows whether he should be sent off....as we don’t know what happened

the ref has given a pen wrongly, his second big call against us this season. I don’t mind Lennon getting angry about it

He will take his deserved Punishment , yet the ref gets away with big errors each week
    That’s the thing, he will be punished and I’m gutted because we are stronger with him in our dugout. Wish he kept his head and spoke to the ref in his office after the game.

@hibs.net private member
    That’s the thing, he will be punished and I’m gutted because we are stronger with him in our dugout. Wish he kept his head and spoke to the ref in his office after the game.
    Think we are lucky he didn’t hook him !

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It must be exhausting constantly flip-flopping between one extreme and the other.
    I'm a fan Beefster but that's too gnomic even for me. Give us a clue here...

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Does any body feed back on a referees performance.Bring back the Maltese and show our incompetent so called refs how it should be done.

Think we are lucky he didn’t hook him !
    I actually thought it was coming, was thinking please don’t smash him!

The sad thing about it all is nothing will be done to the ref, we can moan all we won’t but for some reason they just get away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I'm a fan Beefster but that's too gnomic even for me. Give us a clue here...
    A few weeks back, he was useless. Then we won and he was the messiah. We’ve now drawn so time to start putting the boot in again.

Ps I’m a secret fan of yours too. Mrs Beefster isn’t keen on the bedroom poster though.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    A few weeks back, he was useless. Then we won and he was the messiah. We’ve drawn so time to start putting the boot in again.
    Ah, got it!

Not for me, he's been great for us from day one. One possible down side, I feel one or two referees genuinely do have Neil Lennon issues. **** them.

That's awkward, just don't let her know about your subscription to ODS Monthly magazine.
    Last edited by One Day Soon; 24-02-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    He was over the top and I'd imagine he'll apologise.

Aggrieved as he was.
    I was wrong 😂

Neil Lennon, being the type of person he is, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised he got in Clancy's face and told him straight. Most Hibs managers in the past would have just rolled over and accepted anything these clowns did.

I'm sick and tired of certain referees f***ing Hibs over. When does so-called "incompetence" spill over into something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I love Neil Lennon and I love the fact Neil Lennon loves Hibs and the players that play for Hibs.

Embarrassed? Not me. And neither should he be.

About f******g time we had a manager who fiercely defends our club and everything it stands for.
    Ranting & Raving against officials and being an aggressive manager doesn't mean you love a club more. I don't get all the macho nonsense being posted on here. He'll have to accept the punishment- I'm more concerned with our second half performance.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I wish he had smacked the referee in the face.

United we stand here....

Whilst he should be setting an example im not sure him not being in the dugout will be as bad as its being made out. So if he gets a ban and we lose it will be lennons fault for not being in the dugout? Dont think so.

I'm sorry but I really don't think this is the bigger picture.

Firstly he can manage perfectly well from the stand - some other managers have actually done that by choice.

Secondly the bigger picture is refereeing that is either incompetent or corrupt and the only way to really make an issue of that kind of thing is by doing exactly what Neil did. Comments afterwards in the interview or whatever are what every manager does - that's routine and makes no difference whatsoever. By making a very big deal of this in the way that he has he's made it far more visible, put the referee in question under the spotlight and made clear that whatever else happens he and Hibs are not going to meekly be the whipping boys of joke referees and their sanctioned, routine exercising of wee-man syndrome on the pitch. That's if it is wee-man syndrome rather than something far worse...
    Hear hear

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Ranting & Raving against officials and being an aggressive manager doesn't mean you love a club more. I don't get all the macho nonsense being posted on here. He'll have to accept the punishment- I'm more concerned with our second half performance.
    Try harder then.

It's not about macho nonsense, it's about the only point of intervention at which any manager can hope to have an impact on either the standard of refereeing or the dubiety of the referee's intentions full stop. If it isn't confronted at that precise point it is never confronted at all. That's not Neil Lennon's fault, it's how the SFA and the referees force it to be because they allow for zero accountability, zero transparency and zero questioning of referees in any other context. They have literally brought it upon themselves.

You realise it is possible to be concerned with both team performance and dodgy refereeing?

Try harder then.

It's not about macho nonsense, it's about the only point of intervention at which any manager can hope to have an impact on either the standard of refereeing or the dubiety of the referee's intentions full stop. If it isn't confronted at that precise point it is never confronted at all. That's not Neil Lennon's fault, it's how the SFA and the referees force it to be because they allow for zero accountability, zero transparency and zero questioning of referees in any other context. They have literally brought it upon themselves.

You realise it is possible to be concerned with both team performance and dodgy refereeing?
    Hear,hear, have to agree, been going on as long as I can remember watching Hibs over 50 cheating years it just dont change.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m glad he did what he did. That ref had a shocker. The ball wasn’t over the line for the corner, and it wasn’t a penalty. Lennon isn’t at fault for today’s result.
    This is what I think too. If we just lie down and say nothing it'll get worse.

It's a thin line but sometimes you've got to cross it when the refs this bad/biased for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Lennon’s probably correctly complained to the4tj official about a howling penalty decision and that’s been reported to the referee. The red then overreacts and sends him to the stand - so no wonder Lenny went radge.

The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of reaction from our players to that rotten decision. Great to see Lenny has passion for our club

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    Hear,hear, have to agree, been going on as long as I can remember watching Hibs over 50 cheating years it just dont change.
    I was shot down in flames on here a while back for saying referees are cheats as opposed to incompetent.
    Just don’t see it any other way, and it’s an absolute disgrace they are untouchable!

Try harder then.

We shall have to disagree. He's fighting a loosing battle- refs are protected and that will never change. Not in any of the biggest leagues in the world, and certainly not in Scotland.
    I'm not saying he should say nothing- far from it. But aggression gets you nowhere and his behaviour got him sent to the stands. That ref will still be on a pitch next week, where as Lennon won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    That ref will still be on a pitch next week, where as Lennon won't.
    Why should Neil Lennon be held accountable for his actions, but referees aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Why should Neil Lennon be held accountable for his actions, but referees aren't?
    This

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    That sadly is the biggest problem. No matter what refs get it way to easy and the fact they never get punished makes them worse as they know nothing happens to them.

@hibs.net private member
    Lenny’s behaviour will highlight how incompetent Clancy was. I like his passion even if he gets a touch line ban. I’d rather have him going mental than a clown like Calderwood who couldn’t be arsed to even stand up. It’s about time Hibs stood up to officialdom as we always seem to be on the wrong end of decisions.

Yes - he maybe shouldn’t have done what he did - BUT - I can fully understand his frustration at what happened.

Was it a corner? Probably not - BUT - we still had the chance to defend it. We didn’t and allowed the laddie Jones to get in a position to unleash a wonder strike. A wonder strike that Ricky almost got a hand to. Jeez he got a hand to 3 or 4 certain goals for Killie. So not pointing blame at him. Defence had 2 arttempts to tackle Jones before he got his shot away.

As for the pen, never a pen. Ball blasted straight at Porteous. Wasn’t on target. Hit his hand against his chest on the way past him. How can that be ‘deliberate’?

Today’s decisions against us, coupled with other dubious ones that have gone against us this season, are the reason NL ‘exploded’ today. I feel for him. He shows passion and regrettably has taken it too far today. Given the choice though, I’d happily back him to do the same again in the same circumstances - even if he shouldn’t.
    Last edited by hibby6270; 24-02-2018 at 02:57 PM.