hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour.
    Lennon was already ordered to the stand before he got in Clancy's face. No-one knows why he was sent off but it certainly wasn't for what went on between him and serial cheat Clancy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    "Why what did I do?" "Your a ****ing joke" in the referees face.😱😱😱😱
    Well done Neil, about time we had a manager that gives it tight to joke refereeing.

I suspect that Neil is only too well aware of which referees have agendas and this one has now revealed his hand very clearly in two of our games this season. Not with minor decisions either but with game changing ones.

Not only do I think he was right to give it him tight, I think he should also make a point of singling this guy out for criticism in post match comment. It is the only way we have any chance of him being sufficiently in the spotlight in future games that he thinks twice about throwing decisions to the opposition. Other managers routinely play the referees this way and if others are doing it so should we.

Whether that referee is just crap or something far more sinister where we are concerned it needs to be highlighted.

BTW, why was the referee over at our technical area in the first place?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I love Neil Lennon and I love the fact Neil Lennon loves Hibs and the players that play for Hibs.

Embarrassed? Not me. And neither should he be.

About f******g time we had a manager who fiercely defends our club and everything it stands for.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Every week we have threads on here complaining about the ref yet never a peep from the club.

If it takes Lennon calling them out like he did today to get folk to take a look at things then it’s well worth it.

Make no mistake, this will be a huge talking point now and every ref from now on at our games will be under the spotlight.

Yet another sign of us toughening up as a club and that we are to be taken seriously. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour and his emotive post match interview hasn't helped matters.
    But he only did that because he was sent to the stand...he's already been sent off when this happened hence his reaction

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Lennon was already ordered to the stand before he got in Clancy's face. No-one knows why he was sent off but it certainly wasn't for what went on between him and serial cheat Clancy.
    I've no idea what he said to get sent to the stand. The entire incident will be in the refs report though and the afters and the interview won't make good reading.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I love Neil Lennon and I love the fact Neil Lennon loves Hibs and the players that play for Hibs.

Embarrassed? Not me. And neither should he be.

About f******g time we had a manager who fiercely defends our club and everything it stands for.
    Well said.

What bothers me is that Lennon seems to be aiming all his rage at the referee when most of it should be reserved for his players after that performance. Agreed, both Killie goals were from dubious decisions but they could easily have scored any number of their other chances. For that we've got Marciano to thank. I like the passion Neil Lennon shows but it will affect us if he spends an extended period sitting in the stand.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    No one ever highlights the piss poor weekly performances from Scottish refs in EVERY game. They answer to no one. They are literally untouchable behind closed doors. The frustration from managers at times is understandable. There’s no pressure on fans as we love our teams and say what we want and get away with it. Managers on the other hand have mountains of pressure and mistakes constantly from inadequate refs are going to get to you. He was sent to the stand for swearing at the fourth official. The managers are always swearing. Not really a crime. Sent to the stand for showing passion. The ref came over not to talk to him but to send him to the stand. No need really. Then obviously the reaction is where the issue is. I’d rather see that reaction tbh. I’d have probably done the same

Quote Originally Posted by LithgaeHibby View Post
    What bothers me is that Lennon seems to be aiming all his rage at the referee when most of it should be reserved for his players after that performance. Agreed, both Killie goals were from dubious decisions but they could easily have scored any number of their other chances. For that we've got Marciano to thank. I like the passion Neil Lennon shows but it will affect us if he spends an extended period sitting in the stand.
    Well said 👍🏼

I for one am backing the manager. He was right to be furious.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Well done Neil, about time we had a manager that gives it tight to joke refereeing.

I suspect that Neil is only too well aware of which referees have agendas and this one has now revealed his hand very clearly in two of our games this season. Not with minor decisions either but with game changing ones.

Not only do I think he was right to give it him tight, I think he should also make a point of singling this guy out for criticism in post match comment. It is the only way we have any chance of him being sufficiently in the spotlight in future games that he thinks twice about throwing decisions to the opposition. Other managers routinely play the referees this way and if others are doing it so should we.

Whether that referee is just crap or something far more sinister where we are concerned it needs to be highlighted.

Totally agree with this, not the 1st incident with that ref and Hibs. I haven't heard Lennon's post match interview, hopefully someone will put up a link.

He screamed "****ing cut it out Efe" in the first half, which I had a wee laugh about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Was never a penalty - id also be going ape ****

Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    I for one am backing the manager. He was right to be furious.
    I think we all agree with the manager, it’s his actions that I don’t agree with! He’s the manager, because he’s got previous he may now face a long ban which could then have an effect on the rest of our season.

I’m sure we all felt pissed off, but you simply can’t scream in the refs face. They seem to hate us as it is I think the refs report won’t be great reading to be honest.

@hibs.net private member
    There’s a few sensitive souls on here today - Lennon
    Overreacted after being sent off, but he was right to stand up for us and react to
    An appalling decision - frankly no one on here knows when tee he should have been sent off or not. I thought his interview was good - he will get fined and likely banned but that shouldn’t make a big impact on us ...good to see him standing up for him and his team

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    He screamed "****ing cut it out Efe" in the first half, which I had a wee laugh about

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    😂 You usually hear that every week at ER. Also makes me chuckle.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Finally someone who sees it as it is. My post isn’t a dig at the manager it’s about setting examples more so after the Stokes crap. He’s a brilliant manager and we will suffer without him being in the dugout.
    TC your correct in that he should show more decorum in the face of provocation. Saying that I really some times feel the Officials can't wait to pounce on the slightest hint of decent.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    His actions today could cost us dearly. He’ll face a huge ban given his previous history! What example does it set to the players.
    You sound glad. First opportunity to slag Lennon since the derby.

What was he sent off for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Sorry but that's bollocks. I'm pretty confident he's capable of hammering the referee as he did AND the players in the dressing room afterward.

They COULD have scored any number of other goals but they didn't - they needed the referee's very obvious help to score the two that they got. No wonder Neil that joke of a ref have it. And twats like him get paid for that kind of dubious performance. No wonder people think referees are bent.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Overreacted after being sent off, but he was right to stand up for us and react to
    An appalling decision - frankly no one on here knows when tee he should have been sent off or not. I thought his interview was good - he will get fined and likely banned but that shouldn’t make a big impact on us ...good to see him standing up for him and his team

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    All of those chances come after 2-2 though. For all Killie's pressure, they scored a great goal from outside the box and that was it. The penalty save was literally Ricky's first one. Weather that storm and who knows what happens?

At 2-0 and nothing to lose, Killie were always going to have pressure. Yes we dropped off in terms of midfield and attack, but the penalty has cost us the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Agreed...the much heralded trio on midfield were anonymous...possibly both McGinn and Dylan worst games in a hibs jersey. Efe was again at his bombscare best and Boyle also had a shocker. Thankfully Rocky dug us out A hole...what a save that was in the 2nd half...unbelievable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Spot on. Been reading their own press.

Should have been out of sight if Kamberi and McLaren had finished better at 0:2. I did think the pitch was a big factor which the Killie players are well used to, the ball runs so slow on it and it creates increased backwards and side spin which you don't get on grass. Thought Porteous, McGregor and Kamberi did well and Rocky saved well for the point and he didn't deserve to lose the game. Should have won though and Lennon made great points on his BBC radio interview.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I don’t think some are understanding this. Not a dig at you btw, but read the posts again. Myself and couple others saying he can’t act the way he did that’s a fact. I don’t make the rules but Lennon broke them the way he acted. I love a manager who sticks up for the team it’s refreshing but do it in a way that won’t harm us or find himself with a ban.

It’s fine saying “he’s only sticking up for us” but he bigger picture is he’ll be missed in the dugout which is the last thing we need.

As for refs we say it every week, something must be done as they seem to be getting worse and it’s not just our games either it’s games all over Scotland it’s beyond bad.

Testimonial Due
    That don't make sense ? So Steve Clarke must be raging at his players as they never scored from all their numerous chances out with the two dubious goals they scored (your words)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    We all like passion BUT the Manager should always set the standard for behaviour. Aggression like that from your figurehead, no matter the circumstances, isn’t acceptable.

His behaviour was an complete embarrassment. He always talks about his Mental Health issues too, he needs to curb his aggression first.

He’ll be given a lengthy ban and it hurts us at a crucial time of the season.

Are you for real? What's his mental health got to do with a heat of the moment outburst?! I actually give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    All of those chances come after 2-2 though. For all Killie's pressure, they scored a great goal from outside the box and that was it. The penalty save was literally Ricky's first one. Weather that storm and who knows what happens?

At 2-0 and nothing to lose, Killie were always going to have pressure. Yes we dropped off in terms of midfield and attack, but the penalty has cost us the win.
    Rocky saved us today, that was the difference from 1 point and 0 points.

Sorry but that's bollocks. I'm pretty confident he's capable of hammering the referee as he did AND the players in the dressing room afterward.

They COULD have scored any number of other goals but they didn't - they needed the referee's very obvious help to score the two that they got. No wonder Neil that joke of a ref have it. And twats like him get paid for that kind of dubious performance. No wonder people think referees are bent.
    Spot on, could have, should have, would have gets you nothing. What they did get came with the help of a referee who not for the 1st time has cost us points. Little wonder Lennon was angry and I fully back him.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think some are understanding this. Not a dig at you btw, but read the posts again. Myself and couple others saying he can’t act the way he did that’s a fact. I don’t make the rules but Lennon broke them the way he acted. I love a manager who sticks up for the team it’s refreshing but do it in a way that won’t harm us or find himself with a ban.

It’s fine saying “he’s only sticking up for us” but he bigger picture is he’ll be missed in the dugout which is the last thing we need.

As for refs we say it every week, something must be done as they seem to be getting worse and it’s not just our games either it’s games all over Scotland it’s beyond bad.
    TC. He overreacted after being sent off - that’s him as a man - passionate , emotional

But no ones knows whether he should be sent off....as we don’t know what happened

the ref has given a pen wrongly, his second big call against us this season. I don’t mind Lennon getting angry about it

He will take his deserved Punishment , yet the ref gets away with big errors each week

Cause he is yet another cheating hun ****, we still allow to dictate our games.