hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll get a better view from the stand anyway 😉 for what its worth id rather he showed his frustration at incompetence rather than accepting it. Like a previous poster said it shows he has the players backs.

Very true, won't even need to get a phone installed in the stand like Ned had to!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    You need sent to the stand.
    I’m here already 😁

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The players will love it, no question about that.

Doubt he’ll face any kind of ban at all.
    He'll get 10 weeks, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    We all like passion BUT the Manager should always set the standard for behaviour. Aggression like that from your figurehead, no matter the circumstances, isn’t acceptable.

His behaviour was an complete embarrassment. He always talks about his Mental Health issues too, he needs to curb his aggression first.

He’ll be given a lengthy ban and it hurts us at a crucial time of the season.
    He really doesn't. Others do, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    He reacted after being sent off...never said a word before it that camera showed

So why was he sent off?

That pen decision is an absolute joke btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He clapped His hand and said well ****ing done in a sarcastic tone. Crime of the century according to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    What example does this outburst set to other posters?
    Very true, I’ll take it back. Although I’m not in charge of the posters on Hibs.net 😉

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    He clapped His hand and said well ****ing done in a sarcastic tone. Crime of the century according to some.
    That was after the ref sent him off

What did he do before that

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He was in the referee's face, aggressive and swearing.

I admire your loyalty, but he shouldn't behave like that.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

Exactly. He's the manager of the team. He shouldn't be behaving like that.

You aren’t grasping this. Watch it again, he gets in the refs face, swears at him, continues to swear at him, sarcastically claps in his face. You do know that will contribute to a huge ban? That’s not us saying crime of the century it’s the laws of the game.

I’d be raging as well, but as the manager you just can’t do that.

I take back my comment btw calling you an idiot, no need for that so I apologise.

https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/stat...06022259339264

The incident for those who haven't seen it

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    That’s the problem he’s not now though as he’ll be banned. It’ll cost us big time! Massive blow if we lose him from the dugout for a run of games.
    I don't think so TC to be fair we have an able assistant - it was never a penalty having seen the replay so he shouldn't have reacted the way he did but totally understandable imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Just gave his after match thoughts. Agree with every word he said.

A living legend

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    He shows the passion you want from any connected to our club - I'll not be criticising him for that - was never a penalty and he was right to show his anger in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post

"Why what did I do?" "Your a ****ing joke" in the referees face.😱😱😱😱

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I don't think so TC to be fair we have an able assistant - it was never a penalty having seen the replay so he shouldn't have reacted the way he did but totally understandable imo

Never underestimate what having a manager like Lennon in the dugout has on players mate. Parker I agree is a great number 2. But no you can’t act like he did no matter how bad the ref is.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post

Missed about 24 ‘F*** You’ before that clip. For what it’s worth I have no issues with a Hibs manager showing some passion. It was never a penalty. I don’t think it’s nearly as big a deal as some are making out that he’ll be in the stands. With the communication these days and the advantage of the better view to see the game, coupled with Parker being down there anyway. I certainly won’t be losing any sleep over it. Not nearly as big a deal as people are saying. If anything it’ll galvanize the players seeing how much he has their backs.

Never underestimate what having a manager like Lennon in the dugout has on players mate. Parker I agree is a great number 2. But no you can’t act like he did no matter how bad the ref is.
    I disagree that ref has cost us points over the course of this season...no wonder he's angry

Left by mutual consent!
    The whole incident need not of occurred if Efe hadn't gave away very cheap ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    He shows the passion you want from any connected to our club - I'll not be criticising him for that - was never a penalty and he was right to show his anger in my opinion
    Totally agree. Not heard is after match thoughts but I'll bet he hasn't missed anybody and called it like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I disagree that ref has cost us points over the course of this season...no wonder he's angry

The standard of refs is brutal it really is. I also agree they have cost us points this season. But today let’s not make any excuses here. Hibs were battered and I mean battered. A draw was the very least Killie deserved. Players had a mare today they cost us the points.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    The standard of refs is brutal it really is. I also agree they have cost us points this season. But today let’s not make any excuses here. Hibs were battered and I mean battered. A draw was the very least Killie deserved. Players had a mare today they cost us the points.
    Which makes Lennons reaction more understandable as we didn't need the ref helping them out even more

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    This is not the first time this clown of a referee has upset Neil with his pathetic decisions and calamitous refereeing. It was only a matter of time before he lost it with him. Unprofessional, yes of course but sometimes the moment takes you

Just listened to the Gaffer's post match interview on Sportsound and he did not miss Clancy. In fact he gave him both barrels and more bringing up his previous performances this season. Aimed a cracker at SFA too "referees should be sent to stand too".

5 match bans worth but reckon he's said enough to have Clancy off the A list for the nect few weeks.

Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour and his emotive post match interview hasn't helped matters.

If they don’t stick the ball in the net then they wouldn’t deserve anything. Giving a corner and a non existent penalty certainly helps their cause.

His actions today could cost us dearly. He’ll face a huge ban given his previous history! What example does it set to the players.
    Depends on whether you think having the manager on the touchline helps or hinders any team. Given that there is permanent contact between the bench and a manager in the stand i would suggest it makes no difference to a team's performance. We all know Lennon has anger issues but that goes with the excellent manager that he has become with Hibs. On a dreadful astro pitch the result was very good even though we were under heavy pressure in the 2nd half, and having seen Celtic barely have an effort on goal recently at rugby park we should be happy with our overall performance.

Agreed...the much heralded trio on midfield were anonymous...possibly both McGinn and Dylan worst games in a hibs jersey. Efe was again at his bombscare best and Boyle also had a shocker. Thankfully Rocky dug us out A hole...what a save that was in the 2nd half...unbelievable

That’s the problem he’s not now though as he’ll be banned. It’ll cost us big time! Massive blow if we lose him from the dugout for a run of games.
    Banned for the outburst after being sent to the stand? Because that's what happened.

I've watched it again and it's not as bad as it first looked on sky in real time.

Was his initial 'word with the linesman' caught on camera? I can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk