hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    A very good away point against a team on a run of 7 or 8 straight home wins.

The first came from a corner that was not a corner. The second came from a penalty that was never a penalty.

Top marks to Killie, they look a very good team with a lot of character.

They certainly know how to play on that awful pitch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you have to score 3 to win any game, you’ve got a problem 😳
    Agreed, like that time we won the Cup, awful.

After a great start we then struggled to impose our game on them and seemed unable to get on the ball and keep possession
    In the end a point was a decent result as they looked the more likely to get a winner
    But they are on a decent run and were at home
    McLaren should of scored when we were on top At 0. 3 that may have knocked the stuffing out them But credit to Clarke for sorting it out and getting his players to keep us hemmed in and on the back foot They were winning most second balls in that second half
    On to Wednesday and Hamilton will look to be physical so we need to be ready to combat that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    I don't think it's possible to say whether or not it was "very poor behaviour" from NL unless anyone can point to footage of the first 'incident'.

I'd have been raging as well had I just been sent to the stand for having a word after two goals were scored against us, due to passages of play initiated by wrong decisions by the refereeing staff already.

I'm with our manager here. It's ****ing out of order and as much as I'm annoyed at our performance today, I'm even more frustrated with the *****hole that is Scottish football. From the pundits being unable to keep biases at bay, the media trying to undermine any non-OF side at every opportunity, the referees are either cheats or incompetent and the establishment quite clearly being a bunch of hun ****s, it does your head in.

Even if we stand up to it, it may never change, but I'd rather we go down fighting than accept the status quo for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    If you think a manager shouting in the face of a referee and then sarcastically clapping like a bairn before walking away swearing(I don't think you need to be a professional lip reader to see that) isn't very poor behaviour, regardless of the injustice, then we have different definitions of very poor behaviour is. There is a big difference between standing up for the team and being strong and acting like an angry child like he did today. His comments after the game will not exactly help and there are ways of getting your point over force-ably without resorting to what we saw today.

I very much doubt the referees will be bending over backwards for us in teh near future. It might work at Celtic with the weight of the media behind you but it will be counter productive at Hibs imo.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    McLaren should of scored
    Do you mean Kamberi should have scored?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Couldn't see properly through the goal net Someone missed what looked like a good chance
    Said McLaren but wasn't 100% sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Couldn't see properly through the goal net Someone missed what looked like a good chance
    Said McLaren but wasn't 100% sure though
    If it was from the ball from Allen on the break, it was Kamberi. Apart from Shaw's woeful effort towards the end, that's the only chance I can remember.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    If you think a manager shouting in the face of a referee and then sarcastically clapping like a bairn before walking away swearing(I don't think you need to be a professional lip reader to see that) isn't very poor behaviour, regardless of the injustice, then we have different definitions of very poor behaviour is. There is a big difference between standing up for the team and being strong and acting like an angry child like he did today. His comments after the game will not exactly help and there are ways of getting your point over force-ably without resorting to what we saw today.

I very much doubt the referees will be bending over backwards for us in teh near future. It might work at Celtic with the weight of the media behind you but it will be counter productive at Hibs imo.

Name them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Name them.
    Talking coherently with respect and pointing out the error of the referee. Not much else you can do as the decision won't change. The minute you are ranting or showing a lack of respect you aren't convincing anyone anyway.

I mean, this is really the problem isn't it. NL's behaviour, whether you're offended by it or not, is a symptom of that. What you're describing is an unfair sporting advantage.

@hibs.net private member
    I mean, this is really the problem isn't it. NL's behaviour, whether you're offended by it or not, is a symptom of that. What you're describing is an unfair sporting advantage.

It is not a new thing and has been there for as long as I can remember. From what I can see it has actually got worse under Lennon. I wouldn't blame him for that but I suspect today's comments after the game won't see referees queuing up to give us the benefit of the doubt. Not sure how you will change the quality of Scottish refereeing particularly what we seem to suffer but throwing the toys out the pram and being disrespectful isn't the answer.

I would far rather we went through LD and started documenting all the decisions that went against us. We have a strong footing. We don't commit many fouls and generally play the game in the right manner. The piece of work that a member here did when he highlighted Craig Thompson's performances against us is the way I would try to go. Show like for like situations and try and prove a pattern, if there is one.

Do you think today's behaviour will make a positive difference to Hibs?

It is not a new thing and has been there for as long as I can remember. From what I can see it has actually got worse under Lennon. I wouldn't blame him for that but I suspect today's comments after the game won't see referees queuing up to give us the benefit of the doubt. Not sure how you will change the quality of Scottish refereeing particularly what we seem to suffer but throwing the toys out the pram and being disrespectful isn't the answer.

I would far rather we went through LD and started documenting all the decisions that went against us. We have a strong footing. We don't commit many fouls and generally play the game in the right manner. The piece of work that a member here did when he highlighted Craig Thompson's performances against us is the way I would try to go. Show like for like situations and try and prove a pattern, if there is one.

Do you think today's behaviour will make a positive difference to Hibs?
    You're right, the method you describe is the ideal route to go down. Build a case, use the proper channels.

Problem is, the game in Scotland is so setup to favour the OF that I'm not sure the SFA would even entertain reviewing such a report because it would bring the game into disrepute - and possibly uncover a whole lot of unsporting conduct that's went on over the years. Can open, worms everywhere type of situation.

Scottish football needs a massive shake-up, top to bottom. However, those in charge seem happy to keep the current setup, which'll have us underperforming on an international and club stage forever more.

NL might've had an unprofessional, yet passionate, sweary outburst, but at this stage I'm of the opinion that nothing will change until a whole load of attention is drawn towards the situation - and therefore, I'm not that bothered by it. In fact, I feel his frustration. We need the support from other clubs and managers though, otherwise to the outside world we just come across as paranoid and bitter.

In short, to answer your question:

No, not in the short term at least. It might even negatively effect the club. But I'm so sick of the whole thing myself that I don't mind our manager behaving that way. If it affects our performance negatively on Wednesday, I'll be mega pissed none-the-less.

Signed, a fickle fan.

@hibs.net private member
    You're right, the method you describe is the ideal route to go down. Build a case, use the proper channels.

Problem is, the game in Scotland is so setup to favour the OF that I'm not sure the SFA would even entertain reviewing such a report because it would bring the game into disrepute - and possibly uncover a whole lot of unsporting conduct that's went on over the years. Can open, worms everywhere type of situation.

Scottish football needs a massive shake-up, top to bottom. However, those in charge seem happy to keep the current setup, which'll have us underperforming on an international and club stage forever more.

NL might've had an unprofessional, yet passionate, sweary outburst, but at this stage I'm of the opinion that nothing will change until a whole load of attention is drawn towards the situation - and therefore, I'm not that bothered by it. In fact, I feel his frustration. We need the support from other clubs and managers though, otherwise to the outside world we just come across as paranoid and bitter.

In short, to answer your question:

No, not in the short term at least. It might even negatively effect the club. But I'm so sick of the whole thing myself that I don't mind our manager behaving that way. If it affects our performance negatively on Wednesday, I'll be mega pissed none-the-less.

Signed, a fickle fan.

No such thing as a fitba fan that isn't fickle. We get so many bad decisions that it really would be worth the club documenting them and at least pose the question. That gets in the mind of the referees in a way that may be positive.

No such thing as a fitba fan that isn't fickle. We get so many bad decisions that it really would be worth the club documenting them and at least pose the question. That gets in the mind of the referees in a way that may be positive.
    I'm not fickle today.

I don't disagree with that mate, maybe it would.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    They both missed good first half chances in my opinion. But I've only seen them once, from the other end.

I know it's the BBC but it ties in wth what I seen I think. Maybe the highlights will speak differently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43094029
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 24-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Name them.
    There aren't any, you need to call them out and then everyone can see the incompetence/cheating that goes on. Saying nothing definitely doesn't work. Thompson should definitely been called out after that final for example.

What a crock of crap

You sound like some PC guy that writes emails to newspapers moaning about french snogs on the telly

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    While Killie were no great shakes today, they’ve got a fair amount of fight and Clarke has got them organised.
    Thats spot on, and while they were organised and we were poor, they needed 1 guess from the linesman that was wrong, and another cheating decision by Clancy who clearly has something against us.

Apart from the wrong decisions both officials made, we while being as poor as we were, win the game 2-0.

Shocking decisions by the referee have cost us 2 points, Killie didn't score a goal they created themselves, they needed help from the officials.

The result had nothing to do with how poor we played today.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

You don't like Neil we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    They both missed good first half chances in my opinion. But I've only seen them once, from the other end.

I know it's the BBC but it ties in wth what I seen I think. Maybe the highlights will speak differently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43094029
    That must be the one i saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk