hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Singing Section

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar

Singing Section

Just watched a video from a year ago when we beat Hearts, it was in the East Stand concourse. Goosebumps watching it. For me that’s one disappointment from this season is how ineffective the singing section has been, through no fault of their own. They have to come back to the east, what’s the chances of this happening?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was happy to let them move from 43 and try the FF Upper but it hasnt worked IMO. The sound just doesnt travel aswell as they had hoped.

Would love to see them back at the back of 43 next season as its mostly still the back of 43 who start the chants.

I thought the display against Hearts was quality in the famous five, but agree that the sound doesn't travel too well. I really like the idea of having it behind the goal, trying to replicate the likes of Dortmunds yellow wall and Liverpool Kop, but obviously not easy to do.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    The problem is those around aren’t as keen to sing as the section.

If they were surrounded by the folk in the east but in the FF it would be miles better.

I suppose we all know that though

Was definitely worth the experiment. Be interesting to see what happens next season. Either way the guys/girls are doing a great job.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Doesn't matter where they go in the ground - there is a group who like to sing and wave flags all game, but for most in ground they will sing, make noise and crank up the volume depending on what's happening on the pitch. A lot of fans like to concentrate on watching the match. Good numbers in East enjoy a song or two, but I don't see how moving them will make any difference.
    Away games are different as the in the smaller crowd a few hundred noisy fans and the drum really stand out, but always going to lose a bit of that in a 20k stadium.

Yey another singing section thread

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yey another singing section thread
    Yipeeeeeee!

One singing section
    There's only two singing sections
    Three singing seccctions
    There's only four singing sections

Repeat.

Singing Section thread number 34,285 is now in progress...