hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 53 of 53
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    4,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife and I have considered a place in the sun and decided against it on the grounds of we might not like the neighbours or get fed up with the place!

    An alternative was a 2, 3 or 4 month rental in the winter and move around Europe as the feeling suits and then we thought of the same time span but Bondi Beach!

    Maybe in a 5 years or so!

    There's a few cruises between now and then :-)

    Unlimited money I'd buy a ship and cruise the 7 seas.

    The imaginary name of my imaginary ship is the Hibernian Lady.
    Why only the 7 seas?

    What's wrong with the rest of them?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why only the 7 seas?

    What's wrong with the rest of them?
    Full of plastic.

  4. #33
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,770
    Swiss Alps in the winter, New Zealand in the summer.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Swiss Alps in the winter, New Zealand in the summer.
    Perpetual winter then? I'd probably do something similar tbh.

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perpetual winter then? I'd probably do something similar tbh.
    I've inadvertently made a bollocks of that but that said, perpetual winter or summer split between those 2 locations would be absolute Nivana either way.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've inadvertently made a bollocks of that but that said, perpetual winter or summer split between those 2 locations would be absolute Nivana either way.
    Have a few weeks in Fiji or Singapore on the way between them

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have a few weeks in Fiji or Singapore on the way between them
    If you insist....

  9. #38
    Testimonial Due Colr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,646
    Marylebone

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,877
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Full of plastic.
    So's Parkheid

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha thatís an interesting prospect. You surely couldnít keep it from them but I understand why you say you would
    Conversely, In todayís world I suppose the young, daft children of millionaires are the biggest draws and have the world at their feet. 😂

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member happyhibbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Age
    51
    Posts
    33,907
    A home in Italy (Ana Capri) & a home in Menorca would do for me

  13. #42
    Tokyo, live it up to the Pepsi max.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,118
    Paris. Penthouse apartment with a view of the river would do.

  15. #44
    A quiet village on a small Greek island close to the sea. Would still spend a good deal of time here in Edinburgh and really couldn't be bothered moving.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,199
    Cuba or Malta. Hot and friendly

  17. #46
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    7,728
    Algarve


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    11,877
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Algarve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I could handle that.

  19. #48
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I could handle that.
    Worth it for the Cataplana alone


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,126
    If I won £100m I wouldnt leave my flat in Lochend.

    I would also still get the 34 bus every day....

    And I would still enjoy walking the surrounding streets knowing that every time I stood on a dug sh*te that I could purchase new ones instead of trying to find a stick small enough to scrape out the grooves.

    True story.

  21. #50
    100 million ffs ? Fort Myers Florida , buy the Hibees , move them over , sorted .
    As for the rest of you , not my problem .

  22. #51
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Clerie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100 million ffs ? Fort Myers Florida , buy the Hibees , move them over , sorted .
    As for the rest of you , not my problem .
    You'd be doing me a favour after all these years of angst.

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Erm...........................
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,812
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lanzarote for me. Itís warm all year round and not too far from home. I would explore the world from there.
    If we're going on places I've actually been to then yes this would be my choice too.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,435
    I'd buy Thunderbird 5 and live in space.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved