hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: FRANCK SAUZEE'S HIBERNIAN CAREER

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Such a shame he hasnt come back but doesnt impact what he did when here. A friend had dealings with Marseille and they said he is also a stranger there and rarely seen.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Such a shame he hasnt come back but doesnt impact what he did when here. A friend had dealings with Marseille and they said he is also a stranger there and rarely seen.
    Probably just a very private person.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Probably just a very private person.

He likes his fishing, lives near where he grew up and likes the quiet life. He has absolutely no obligation to come back to Scotland for some sort of staged reception, it doesn't affect my hero worship of the man one bit.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

He likes his fishing, lives near where he grew up and likes the quiet life. He has absolutely no obligation to come back to Scotland for some sort of staged reception, it doesn't affect my hero worship of the man one bit.
    I remember him receiving a presentation on the pitch up at Tannadice, from who I can't remember. Might even have been Hibs.net? Normally these things are a handshake, glance at the gift then pose for picture, but I don't think I've seen anyone genuinely so pleased to receive a presentation, and in Franck's case it was simply some fly fishing sundries.

For some players football is just a job. I don't doubt Franck had genuine affection for us when here and he was visibly upset when he was sacked. However playing and coaching football isn't his job anymore and he may just want to enjoy his retirement without revisitng a period that probably carries a bit of emotion as it brought the curtain down on that chapter in his life.

I'd love him to come back to ER but if he doesn't then so be it. I still wish him nothing but the best and he's still the best player I've seen play for us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

it doesn't affect my hero worship of the man one bit.
    Nor mine hes clearly now a private man He is a Legend but were all lying if we didnt say it would be nice to have see him again at ER. I respect his right to privacy and grateful to have seen him play. He left me wanting more.

@hibs.net private member
    Between him and Latapy for my all time great hibs player. If he did come back for a one off appearance, not at a game just an evening at Easter road appearance, do u think we would sell out all 4 stands for said appearance? (I don’t actually think we’ll see him back sadly just speaking hypothetically)

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I will have been at all of his home games and a few away ones and yet I remember absolutely nothing about seeing him play. Imagine how annoying that is. Looked to have been an incredible player for us though from the clips I've seen, though. How on earth did we manage to sign him?

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I will have been at all of his home games and a few away ones and yet I remember absolutely nothing about seeing him play. Imagine how annoying that is. Looked to have been an incredible player for us though from the clips I've seen, though. How on earth did we manage to sign him?
    Lasting memories are of a calm composed presence at the back who started most of play with a neat or clever ball to midfield. A nice little touch or trick most games and a desire to go get a goal. A threat at set pieces who scored some very nice goals. Played with a swagger and a smile

@hibs.net private member
    Best player I’ve seen in a Hibs shirt in the last 40 years. I’d love him to return to ER one day

#getfranckback

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Lasting memories are of a calm composed presence at the back who started most of play with a neat or clever ball to midfield. A nice little touch or trick most games and a desire to go get a goal. A threat at set pieces who scored some very nice goals. Played with a swagger and a smile
    Cheers for that

As for the set pieces, I do remember seeing him and Latapy standing over free kicks trying to work out who would take it. Never knew how lucky I was to be seeing that at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Best player I’ve seen in a Hibs shirt in the last 40 years. I’d love him to return to ER one day

^This.

Comfortably the best player I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt. What a privilege to turn up on a Saturday and watch him. He was just amazing on the ball and streets ahead of everyone on the pitch. He also scored a few screamers. Between him and Latapy whenever we had a free kick in the final third you just knew we'd score.

Hero.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Hero, up there with Pat. Just wish he would come back to say goodbye properly.

When people say "strolled through the game" Franck really did. Oozed class. Makes you wonder how good he was in his prime.

Love for him to come on at half time against hearts. Deserves a proper send off and the fans would go mental seeing him again

Maybe it's just as well he hasn't come back, i'd be greeting like a bairn.

Class, just class

Could we not agree to give him a donation to a charity of his choice? So he can come back to say goodbye properly

Wonder what would have happened if we hadnt sacked him. I think hed have got the vital win v St Johnstone (I think it was) but was all kinds chat at time about dressing room problems. Was always wrong time with club having to downsize after tv money dried up. AYR semi was dreadful and he looked dejected at that point. Did he do anything in football after Hibs?

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    When people say "strolled through the game" Franck really did. Oozed class. Makes you wonder how good he was in his prime.
    Good enough to be France's captain and play the central midfield role in a Champions League winning team full of superstars. Don't think we will ever sign anyone of that calibre again.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As Ted Brack pointed out in his book, when he became manager and retired from playing, we lost our best defender and attacker in one go. Devastated that it never worked out for him, but if anyone ever overtakes him as the best player I've seen play for us, I'll be surprised - and delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    For some players football is just a job. I don't doubt Franck had genuine affection for us when here and he was visibly upset when he was sacked. However playing and coaching football isn't his job anymore and he may just want to enjoy his retirement without revisitng a period that probably carries a bit of emotion as it brought the curtain down on that chapter in his life.

I'd love him to come back to ER but if he doesn't then so be it. I still wish him nothing but the best and he's still the best player I've seen play for us.
    I also remember reading an interview with him the Scotsman did, maybe five years after he was sacked, saying he would one day return to Easter Road, but in disguise, so he could watch the game like a normal supporter.

Just imagine, walking up to ER one day, taking your seat, looking you your left and see Sauzee next to you with a bunnet on

Its also instructive that he doesn't seem to get involved with Marseille anymore either, so his reclusiveness isn't really about Hibs, it's obviously just a general thing.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 20-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.

I also remember reading an interview with him the Scotsmen did, maybe five years after he was sacked, saying he would one day return to Easter Road, but in disguise, so he could watch the game like a normal supporter.

Just imagine, walking up to ER one day, taking your seat, looking you your left and see Sauzee next to you with a bunnet on
    I'll be calling out the guy in the pie queue that tries to order a croque monsieur.

Its also instructive that he doesn't seem to get involved with Marseille anymore either, so his reclusiveness isn't really about Hibs, it's obviously just a general thing.[/QUOTE]

Friend was at club(Marseille) few years back and met director, commercial guy who said that they reached out many times and that he was missed around the place but were met with little response.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    #getfranckback

Kidnapp him if needs be. Could be a plot for an Irvine Welsh novel.

Get the feeling he'd make an appearance if or when Rod moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Get the feeling he'd make an appearance if or when Rod moves on.
    Get the feeling that that is bollocks.