hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    🤣 It's tough when tbey lose eh.
    I don’t like English football in the slightest, but find it really amusing seeing how deluded you are regards Liverpool every week. Spent a fortune and still miles from winning anything worthwhile. Keep crying over successful sides however.

I actually have a couple of mates who support Liverpool and they’re exactly the same as you, must be hard going from a top side to an English also-ran.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    City, Chelsea etc, yet conveniently don’t mention Liverpool or United... That league is full of money so of course clubs are going to throw it about. Standard argument when clubs waste what they spend and are jealous of those who spend it well.
    I didn't conveniently leave anyone out. If you were to check back my posts you'll see I have Evertonian tendencies since 1977 and a certain Andy King winner. City and Chelsea spend money given to them by individuals. Liverpool and Utd do spend big but this has been built on having fan bases that city and Chelsea will never have. The money spent in England is ridiculous and frankly obscene but city are taking it to new levels

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I don’t like English football in the slightest, but find it really amusing seeing how deluded you are regards Liverpool every week. Spent a fortune and still miles from winning anything worthwhile. Keep crying over successful sides however.

I actually have a couple of mates who support Liverpool and they’re exactly the same as you, must be hard going from a top side to an English also-ran.
    I'm not deluded in the least, no it's not hard going at all. In my lifetime I have personaly seen Liverpool win every single domestic trophy and European ones too. Anything I see them win now is a bonus. Liverpool are still a top side in English football just not at the pinnacle. I find it hilarious when folk come out with comments like yours to be honest. I would follow Liverpool no matter how far they slip.

Hibs and Liverpool trust me to pick a Scottish also ran too, nae luck eh.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 19-02-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/RCorless33/status/965715973654401025
    'Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!'

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    With a tv deal that is far bigger than it has ever been. I mean it’s not like Liverpool spend £75m on single players or united spend £100m on a player they binned a few years earlier.
    Man Utd didn't bin Paul Pogba, he refused to sign a new contract and left for Juve.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I didn't conveniently leave anyone out. If you were to check back my posts you'll see I have Evertonian tendencies since 1977 and a certain Andy King winner. City and Chelsea spend money given to them by individuals. Liverpool and Utd do spend big but this has been built on having fan bases that city and Chelsea will never have. The money spent in England is ridiculous and frankly obscene but city are taking it to new levels
    And Chelsea took it to new levels before, and United before that, in fact united are up there again now. If you want to succeed you need to spend money, and wisely. Regardless of how wealth is gained, you can’t slate one club for ‘buying success’ while saying it’s fine for another to do so because of where the money came from. I suppose the Glazers didn’t put any money into United eh,

Fifa Uefa to blame. They killed football as a competitive sport.

I've backed Wigan 4 times this season on my fixed odds coupon and they've let me down each time, despite being top. And they were getting beat at home by really pish teams too. Results like this just make me laugh, probably because I didn't put a coupon on tonight.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Trouble with Aguero and a fan too. Maybe the jokes were told a bit too soon.
    At least there’s evidence of this (caught by the tv cameras)

Not just wild accusations splattered on the front and back pages of a national newspaper

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm waiting for Traynor's statement before jumping to conclusions.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    And Chelsea took it to new levels before, and United before that, in fact united are up there again now. If you want to succeed you need to spend money, and wisely. Regardless of how wealth is gained, you can’t slate one club for ‘buying success’ while saying it’s fine for another to do so because of where the money came from. I suppose the Glazers didn’t put any money into United eh,
    i can’t stand united but the glazers actually didn’t put money into them. They bought the club with the help of banks and hedge funds, debts that they have gradually paid down with the club’s own money (and they still owe around £300million). They essentially made the fans (both the local match going ones and their army of armchair sheep around the world buying the latest tat with a united crest on it) buy the club for them. similarly the vast sums that united have spent on players since have been generated by the club itself (which the glazers admittedly made more profitable through more aggressive marketing, merchandising and sponsorship), and the massive tv deals. Now you might say that it’s still a case of the glazers putting money in by virtue of the fact it’s their money because they own the club, but there’s a difference between them and the likes of chelsea/city in my opinion. United are essentially rich because of who they are, their name, brand and massive global support going back to 1958. They’re still a vile club at times regardless.

anyway that’s my two pence worth. The top flight in England as a whole is rich beyond my comprehension and I try not to concern myself too much with it.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Net spending of key rivals since 2010/11
    Man City - £718.05m

Man United - £540.05m

Chelsea - £351.8m

Arsenal - £179.8m

Spurs - A remarkable £20.5m profit

In simple terms, Sheikh Mansour-backed Man City’s net spend on players is almost four and half times that of FGS at Liverpool. At Man United the Glazers are spending three and a third times more, despite servicing the huge debt they used to help buy the club. Chelsea and Abramovich are spending more than double.

Liverpool not doing too bad considering.

With regard to last night, we all love to see a big team turned over in the cup unless it's a team you follow of course.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 20-02-2018 at 08:09 AM.

It's just brilliant to see that every so often a smaller sides can have their day in the sun. In Scotland we have won approx 3% of the available major trophies in our history so we fall into that category as well.

It's irrelevant whether a club has always been a big club and is wealthier 'organically' or has spent money from a rich owner to get to the top table. Every so often it's nice to see them taken down a peg or 2.

I think we can expect a £10m bid for SJM now.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I think we can expect a £10m bid for SJM now.

He can do better than Wigan

The Glazers are a funny one but I agree with your general point.

For years, teams like Liverpool and Manchester United have had an elevated status because glory hunters who have nothing to do with either city have ensured their income is above that of others.

I think it’s bloody hilarious what City and Chelsea have done. All these Scottish Liverpool fans and African Arsenal supporters looking down their noses at the way others are funded while they were smugly looking down on them a few years ago because they were “small”. 😂

Personally, I wish Tottenham nothing but the best as out of all the top clubs, they have done things more organically. They’ve produced the spine of the English team and how much did it cost them?

@hibs.net private member
    Well looks like Man City are doing a new club and complaining about players being verbally abused. At least their fans didn't "protect" the players.

Always a good way to deflect a defeat.

Wonder how long it will take the local constabulary to investigate this??

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    At the other end of the scale the Oyston family made well in excess of 120 million out of Blackpool FC and their adventure to the Premier League and reinvested 5p ...... their time is very much coming to an end though having been flogged through he courts in the last few months.

Hibs is about more than money. It should always be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    With regard to last night, we all love to see a big team turned over in the cup unless it's a team you follow of course.
    This.

And as a City fan (and Hibs for that) a kick in the chackers has been routine over the years

Congrats to Wigan.. played out their skins.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    At the other end of the scale the Oyston family made well in excess of 120 million out of Blackpool FC and their adventure to the Premier League and reinvested 5p ...... their time is very much coming to an end though having been flogged through he courts in the last few months.

Hibs is about more than money. It should always be that way.
    I think you're being very kind to the Oyston family saying they reinvested a whole 5p

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.