hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think st js would still be able to catch us by winning all of their games and we lose all after Saturday.
    Let's just hope they don't win on Saturday then.

2. Log in to remove the advert

One game at a time please. We are currently cruising along nicely under everyones radar closing gaps ahead and putting clear water behind us. Lets just keep it cool and dont heap unnecessay pressure on the boys.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    While the puddledrinkers on kickback seem to be confident of beating us on 9th March their ticket sales would suggest otherwise. Today they lowered the loyalty points threshold from 65 to 50 for tickets to the derby it seems the most loyal jambos dinae actually want to come and see their team getting severely humped under the lights at Easter Road, I am sure they will sell out, but it could go to a public sale

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent!
    Out of interest why can the fixtures during split not just be a continuation of Home Away ie we have been to Ibrox twice so game in split should be at ER or is it to do with equal amounts of Home Away matches?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Out of interest why can the fixtures during split not just be a continuation of Home Away ie we have been to Ibrox twice so game in split should be at ER or is it to do with equal amounts of Home Away matches?
    That's exactly why it is. Rangers should have every one of the teams which currently make up the top six away from home after the split so obviously that's not going to happen.

The preference is for each club to have 19 home and 19 away games. With the way the split works, it won't always be possible to play every team twice at home and twice away.

4 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat

13 points.

Its nice to speculate but lets take 1 game at a time. We can do it.

Post Split

Speaking of the split, apparently due to the ranking system the SPFL adopt for this, we would only have 2 home games out of 5 - those being Sellic and Killie.

Apparently, using the formula, and the teams currently within the top 6, we would in turn be back to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Tiny.

And this is regardless of order pre-split between the top 6. Us and Killie are the lowest seeded, as it takes the ranking from last year - the other 3 have 3 home games.

Seems strange, but i'm more than up for rattling the huns for a third time at Ibrox.
    Last edited by BegbieHSC; 20-02-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Speaking of the split, apparently due to the ranking system the SPFL adopt for this, we would only have 2 home games out of 5 - those being Sellic and Killie.

Apparently, using the formula, and the teams currently within the top 6, we would in turn be back to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Tiny.

And this is regardless of order pre-split between the top 6. Us and Killie are the lowest seeded, as it takes the ranking from last year - the other 3 have 3 home games.

Seems strange, but i'm more than up for rattling the huns for a third time at Ibrox.
    Any idea how that would be affected by us only having 16 home games before the split?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Kilmarnock (Away) 1pt
    Hamilton (Home) 3pts
    Hearts (Home) 1pt
    St Johnstone (Away) 1pt
    Partick (Home) 3pts
    Ross County (Away) 1pt

Think we have what it takes to remain unbeaten until the split, but can see a few potential banana skin results in there. It is the Hibs way after all! Kilmarnock are one of the form teams, so a point at Rugby Park wouldn’t be too bad. Think we’ll win our home games against Hamilton and Partick, but think this Hearts team will be set up with the directive to just ‘don’t lose at all costs’ by Levein. It will be a negative, scrappy, anti football affair from them and will end up frustrating us with a 0-0 draw. As struggling relegation candidates scrapping it out to avoid the drop, St Johnstone and Ross County are the type of games I can see us dropping points away from home.

Hope I’m wrong and we pick up a few more wins! We’re certainly capable of it ability wise.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    On paper we could expect 18 pts, realistically I'll be surprised if we don't lose at least 1 game and draw 2.

While it's always fun to speculate, one thing that supporting Hibs has taught me is that events never turn out how we might be inclined to expect when looking ahead to fixtures in this way. Who would have predicted anything close to our points haul since the turn of the year after we were knocked out of the cup by Hearts? Conversely, after our first win at Ibrox we all looked to the upcoming fixtures and thought we would go on a winning run. What happened? Brought back down to earth with a bang by Hamilton. It's football - anything can happen.

Having said that, I will partake anyway I would suggest Killie, Hearts and St Johnstone will be tough nuts to crack. All are likely to defend for their lives and could nick a point/win against us. Ross County away also jumps out to me as a potential banana skin if they are still in touch at the bottom. Hamilton and Partick should really be home wins, all things being well, but you just never know.

I'll go for:
    • Kilmarnock (Away) 3pts
    • Hamilton (Home) 3pts
    • Hearts (Home) 1pt
    • St Johnstone (Away) 0pts (reckon we're bound to lose unexpectedly somewere along the line)
    • Partick (Home) 3pts
    • Ross County (Away) 3pts

= 13 points

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Strange I missed it when Killie turned in to Man City why does hardly any one fancy us to win there ?
    Having g said that I will go for 10 -12 points
    Killie ain't Man City. However, we are still hibs!

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcM View Post
    Oh! Good God Almighty!

I said in a previous thread about "when we expect good things from our team we get smacked in the mouth" (or words to that effect).

So, learning from many, many years of following this wonderful football club, I will be cautious and say ....................... 16points, with Killie being a 2-2 draw.

Well, at least I got today's game right.